Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Fuji Rock Festival 2014

Default Re: Fuji Rock Festival 2014

Just read this article that suggests numbers were way down this year (102,000 compared to 118,000 last year and 140,000 in 2012)
    The numbers were down because the lineup was weak, and that's all due to Smash trying to inch into Summer Sonic territory with Kanye and having no plan B when they were inevitably fucked over. I KNEW KNEW KNEW that was going to happen. And let's not even talk about Jack Fucking (real middle name) Johnson, whose addition probably hurt overseas sales. That said, the crowd was the most manageable it's ever been. I've never walked straight up to the toilets like that so many times over a weekend.

I only saw one show at the Red Marquee this year, and I really didn't find myself at Oasis very often (which might explain why I didn't run into you, gweilo).
    We didn't, did we? I think I saw six RM shows and six or seven GS shows, so I was there quite a bit.

Anybody going to Ultra Japan?
    If Kim Kardashian and Kanye West were on fire... What sort of sandwich would you make?

www.festivalfanatics.com

^ hahaahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha
    | Sonic Mania 8/14 | Summer Sonic Tokyo 8/15 | Hostess Club w/ Thom Yorke's Tomorrow's Modern Boxes, Spiritualized, Jon Hopkins, Matthew Herbert, etc 8/15 | Danny Howells @ It'll Do 10/17

Lurker

Hi guys!

Hope you all had a great Fuji Rock. I've been absent the past two festivals as I've had a baby - but my husband and I are hoping to return in 2015. I was hoping someone could help me identify some of the hotels in Naeba. We usually stay at one of the old ski lodges but this time we are bringing a friend along too so I am trying to figure out new accommodation where we won't have to share a room with our friend. I know it's pretty impossible to get a room at the Prince but do you know the names of - or have website links to - any of the other hotels in the town? I know there are a few but as an English speaking person, I'm having a hard time finding these online. I recall there being at least one semi high rise hotel in the town but no idea what the name of it is. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by listenup View Post
    Hi guys!

Hope you all had a great Fuji Rock. I've been absent the past two festivals as I've had a baby - but my husband and I are hoping to return in 2015. I was hoping someone could help me identify some of the hotels in Naeba. We usually stay at one of the old ski lodges but this time we are bringing a friend along too so I am trying to figure out new accommodation where we won't have to share a room with our friend. I know it's pretty impossible to get a room at the Prince but do you know the names of - or have website links to - any of the other hotels in the town? I know there are a few but as an English speaking person, I'm having a hard time finding these online. I recall there being at least one semi high rise hotel in the town but no idea what the name of it is. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
    You happen to know any Japanese speakers or residents? That'll be your best bet. I'm hitting up a couple of peeps I know that live in Osaka to help me out with the accommodation since I'm going solo and rather have my own room at this point.
    | Sonic Mania 8/14 | Summer Sonic Tokyo 8/15 | Hostess Club w/ Thom Yorke's Tomorrow's Modern Boxes, Spiritualized, Jon Hopkins, Matthew Herbert, etc 8/15 | Danny Howells @ It'll Do 10/17

Quote Originally Posted by listenup View Post
    Hi guys!

Cheers!
    Hey listenup!

I wanted to follow up with you and just wanted to let you know that I went ahead and found a place in Minakami called Tenjin Lodge. As of yesterday there are still a few rooms available so you may be able to snag a room for yourself and your husband. The owner of the lodge is an Aussie so for English speakers like yourself and I it is a godsend. The lodge is conveniently located just a 5 minute walk away from a train station. I emailed the owner and he is luckily offering shuttles to the festival for Y1000 one way or you can walk to the train station that takes you to Echigo Yuzawa where you can catch a free shuttle to the festival grounds. That's Y500 for the train ticket. I'm most likely going to take him up on the offer on the shuttle going back to the lodging from the festival since it's evidently an uphill walk from the Doai station to the lodge (which I'm not willing to do after a whole day's worth of dancing), while I'll just walk to the station and take the free shuttle for some exercise in the day.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/jp/tenjin-lodge.html

Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotek View Post
    Hey listenup!

I wanted to follow up with you and just wanted to let you know that I went ahead and found a place in Minakami called Tenjin Lodge.
    http://www.booking.com/hotel/jp/tenjin-lodge.html

Best of luck!
    thanks! I also managed to reserve a room there! - But I still wonder, does anyone know from past experience when information on tickets incl. lodging (especially the prices) are usually released? I saw news about the line up usually start end of February, so I guess around the same time?

also - thanks to everyone on here! I am from Vienna, Austria and I was searching the net a lot for useful information/tipps regarding Fuji-Rock and this seems to be one of the best places, I've already read through the 2014 thread, it felt like home (where friends have similar conversations on European festivals).

Hey aliceb,

They should start releasing the lineup in late February with general ticket sales starting after that, but I think there is usually an early bird ticket sale a few weeks beforehand so I'm guessing all ticketing, etc. details will be released around the same time. With the lineup just be aware that unlike most other festivals they release it in stages so you won't know the full lineup for a few months after the first release, and that can include headliners.

The Fuji Rockers website (fansite in English) is a good source of info and really helped us before we went in 2012, especially on general info such as how to get to Fuji Rock and what to expect. Just search through the website and I'm sure you'll find what you need.

We're on the verge of deciding whether we're going again next year but hopefully we'll be there too!

Cheers
    Al

Thanks for helping me out so fast Al! I've realized about releasing in a longer process, we decided to see how they start out - it is quite a lot of money, but then, not going to Japan every summer last year's line up was quite disappointing though, the years before I would have enjoyed a lot, so I hope it will be more interesting again this year and so we planned our trip around the festival, just in case So now it's waiting - fine as well!

Just one more question, one thing I didn't find so far, in the past, what were the prices for packages including lodging (non camping)? I could only find prices for tickets and or tours from tokyo inluding camping, but nothing with other accommodation!

I think the general consensus is that the last line up wasn't that great so hopefully next year is better!

When we went in 2012 I tried finding packages but couldn't really find anything in English and everything only seemed setup for the Japanese. There was a tour company (I think based in the UK) that offered a package but camping was the only option so we didn't bother as we didn't want to camp. Maybe some of the Fuji regulars on here (Blue Stapler and Gweilo are the experts) might have some more up to date info.

Quote Originally Posted by aliceb View Post
    Thanks for helping me out so fast Al! I've realized about releasing in a longer process, we decided to see how they start out - it is quite a lot of money, but then, not going to Japan every summer last year's line up was quite disappointing though, the years before I would have enjoyed a lot, so I hope it will be more interesting again this year and so we planned our trip around the festival, just in case So now it's waiting - fine as well!

Just one more question, one thing I didn't find so far, in the past, what were the prices for packages including lodging (non camping)? I could only find prices for tickets and or tours from tokyo inluding camping, but nothing with other accommodation!
    I'm personally making this into a 2-3 week holiday for myself and I told myself if I go to Japan it will be centered around Fuji Rock and since I'll also be in Hiroshima on 6th August it's a win-win for me.

Hey guys.

I came here basically to post OMG OMG OMG RIDE ARE COMING BACK TOGETHER COME TO FUJI ROCK PLZZZZ but thought I might chime in on some of the other stuff that's being talked about. But let's take this conversation over to the Fuji Rock 2015 thread, shall we?