Page 88 of 92 FirstFirst ... 83848586878889909192 LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,640 of 2759

Thread: FYF 2014

  1. #2611
    Member stochasticism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    507

    Default Re: FYF 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I'm still really happy at how great the actual make up of the crowd at FYF remained this year, everyone around me at every set was respectful and into the music.
    This x1000. If the crowd was worse Saturday could have been even more of a fucking disaster than it was and things could have gotten out of hand . Everyone just seemed to be happy to get in when they finally did.

  2. #2612
    Member stochasticism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    507

    Default Re: FYF 2014

    Completely agree with everyone about the sound. Every stage sounded fantastic. With all the logistical issues the only set I missed that I wanted to see was Caribou. I got to see the full Slowdive set and the last half of Against Me! though, so I'm happy with how it all played out in the end.

    Slowdive
    Slint
    Darkside
    The Blood Brothers
    Built To Spill
    Phoenix
    POTUSA
    Deafheaven
    Boris
    Future Islands

  3. #2613

    Default Re: FYF 2014

    With the glittering reviews about the sound system (and justifiably so) anybody else have a problem with Earl Sweatshirt's sound? It sounded incredibly muffled and muted that I just left after a few songs.

  4. #2614
    Member Phantasma Del Mar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Park
    Posts
    2,368

    Default Re: FYF 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by stochasticism View Post
    This x1000. If the crowd was worse Saturday could have been even more of a fucking disaster than it was and things could have gotten out of hand . Everyone just seemed to be happy to get in when they finally did.
    Yeah, I hadn't even thought about it really but the crowd was super fucking cool. Had more interactions with random people then I usually do and everyone was always really mellow and easy to talk to.

  5. #2615
    Member Kinley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    57

    Default Re: FYF 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by dillycup View Post
    On sunday I witnessed the random shakedowns of folks on the lawn stage and the trees, security walking through a dancing crowd looking for any person with a hint of periphenalia. During FlyLo i watched three yellow shirts approach a kid smoking, tell him to put it out, empty his pockets, open his wallet, pat him down, right in the crowd. To my knowledge any search like that can be conducted on site but not in the field in this way, would anyone else really just let one of these yellow shirt fuckheads rifle through your wallet during a set only to "let you go" after? I was never approached once during the weekend by security but what I saw them doing to other absolutely made me more cautious.
    This happened to me at POTUS. Between LA Rising and FYF, this venue's staff/security is a huge let down.

  6. #2616
    Member gazercmh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,155

    Default Re: FYF 2014

    1. Slowdive
    2. Joanna Gruesome
    3. Ty Segall
    4. Built to Spill (despite Doug Martsch's voice being a bit fried)
    5. Flying Lotus

    The line to get in on Saturday sucked and the walk between stages was very frustrating, but I had a great time overall. The music was awesome, the sound was nearly perfect, the stages were mostly nice once you got there, I had fun hanging with some boardies, the weather was good and it was easy to get to and from the place using public transportation. It's too bad they ran out of craft beer but at least I got to have a few good ones each day, which was way better than last year.

    I agree the crowd was cool and into the music, but it's too bad so many people cut the line on Saturday. I would've gotten in a lot faster if not for that.

    I'll probably go back next year.

  7. #2617
    old school Drewski27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California's Elbow
    Posts
    5,373

    Default Re: FYF 2014

    Slowdive
    Darkside
    POTUSA
    Built to Spill
    Blood Brothers

    As shitty as the venue was, almost every set had a fantastic sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio
    May 2 - Desert Daze - Mecca
    May 31 - Neutral Milk Hotel - Majestic Ventura Theatre
    August 22-23 - FYF fest - Exposition park

  8. #2618
    old school Drewski27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California's Elbow
    Posts
    5,373

    Default Re: FYF 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Also, this:

    Hahahaha. I thought I saw Ken running around somewhere. Which set was this?
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio
    May 2 - Desert Daze - Mecca
    May 31 - Neutral Milk Hotel - Majestic Ventura Theatre
    August 22-23 - FYF fest - Exposition park

  9. #2619
    Member GolfWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,906

    Default Re: FYF 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by CestLaVie View Post
    With the glittering reviews about the sound system (and justifiably so) anybody else have a problem with Earl Sweatshirt's sound? It sounded incredibly muffled and muted that I just left after a few songs.
    weird. I was actually surprised by how GOOD he sounded.

  10. #2620
    Member birdiearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    anacrime
    Posts
    1,408

    Default Re: FYF 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Also, this:

    I think I might've ridden the metro with him Sunday night. Heh.

  11. #2621
    AMBIVALENT bobert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    3,891

    Default Re: FYF 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    What a strange sentiment. The ticket price and traveling to get there (particularly the attendees who traveled considerable distances), should be the most amount of "work" necessary to enjoy any festival.
    Maybe "forgive" is the wrong word. I'll put it this way, on Saturday at around 7pm I was certain this would be my last FYF fest. By the end of the weekend I'd seen enough great music to justify all of the hassle. It wasn't ideal or acceptable but it was the hand we were dealt, and I'm grateful that the good outweighed the bad (at least for me.) If I had to fly to LA for the festival I'd probably feel differently. Anyhow I hope you had a good weekend, all things considered. I'm pretty sure I saw you at the Holiday Inn in Westlake on Saturday night. I was going to say hi but you and your friends didn't get on the elevator I was on.

  12. #2622

    Default Re: FYF 2014

    I thought Grimes' sound was pretty muddled, but that was the only set I had a sound problem with. Granted, I was really far back.

    Sunday main stage aside, which was a god awful crowd, I also had good crowd experiences. The crowd pretty much made POTUSA's set for me, which could've been a disaster but ended up being extremely fun.

  13. #2623
    Member stochasticism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    507

    Default Re: FYF 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by thepiratepenguin View Post
    I thought Grimes' sound was pretty muddled, but that was the only set I had a sound problem with. Granted, I was really far back.

    Sunday main stage aside, which was a god awful crowd, I also had good crowd experiences. The crowd pretty much made POTUSA's set for me, which could've been a disaster but ended up being extremely fun.
    I didn't go to the mainstage at all on Sunday. Everyone that I ran into that exhibited some form of douchebaggery wouldn't shut up about The Strokes or Haim so it doesn't surprise me the crowd there was awful.

  14. #2624
    old school xanman86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    4,789

    Default Re: FYF 2014

    Honestly, everything I saw was very good. Here is a rough order of my favorites:

    1. Slowdive/Slint
    2. Interpol
    3. Darkside
    4. Grimes
    5. The Strokes
    6. Haim
    7. Blood Brothers
    8. Joanna Gruesome
    9. Avey Tare's Slasher Flicks
    10. Real Estate/Kelela/Daphni/Daniel Avery/POTUS/John Talabot

    I caught a couple songs from each of these artists who were great but I didn't see enough to include them: Phoenix, Man Man, Angel Olsen, Future Islands, Against Me!, Balance and Composure.

    Overall it was a great weekend!

    Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2),15(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    The Jesus and Mary Chain 5/16, Spoon 5/28, Neutral Milk Hotel 6/1, Sufjan Stevens 6/5&6, Charli XCX & Bleachers 7/23, Death Grips 7/25, Taylor Swift 8/14
    Events
    SDCC 7/9-12/2015, Outside Lands 8/7-9/2015

  15. #2625
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    26,366

    Default Re: FYF 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    If I had to fly to LA for the festival I'd probably feel differently. Anyhow I hope you had a good weekend, all things considered. I'm pretty sure I saw you at the Holiday Inn in Westlake on Saturday night. I was going to say hi but you and your friends didn't get on the elevator I was on.
    Flying in would have been more optimal for me, we got up early Saturday morning and drove down from SF, so I think we still felt a bit unsettled coming into the festival and being faced immediately with logistical issues was a bit jarring. I had a good weekend, but I was hoping for it to at least equal how much fun I had at FYF '13 and the venue just didn't do it for me. You definitely should have said hi, you could have come over Sun morning to our room, we'd brought a bunch of SF beer down and had a nice morning of craft beers.

    I didn't enjoy the Stroke's set, but the crowd area we were in on the far left side by the wall next to the risers before the sound booth was totally fine. I did think the crowd was super tepid during Blood Orange, probably because most of them were just waiting it out for Haim/The Strokes, but I didn't experience any douchebaggery/talkers during that one either.

    I *believe* that picture of Ken is from Slowdive, but I'm not sure.

    Oh yeah, and regarding the security presence, it definitely felt increased. I don't remember there being so many guards in front of the sound stages before, and the amount of guards there were patrolling/in front of the bathrooms of the arena was kind of comical. It wasn't at all as if this was Monster Massive or whatever.
    Last edited by guedita; 08-26-2014 at 11:42 AM.

    5/22: Move D, Reaganz, Sassmouth @ Monarch
    5/28: Refused, White Lung @ GAMH
    5/29: Spoon @ The Fox Theater, Oakland
    5/29: Max Cooper EMERGENCE @ PW
    5/30: Neutral Milk Hotel @ Pappy & Harriet's
    6/2: Kiasmos ft. Olafur Arnalds, Rival Consoles @ The Independent
    6/6: Matthew Dear, Daniel Bortz @ Public Works
    6/12: Christian Loeffler @ TBA
    6/17: Clap Your Hands Say Yeah @ The Independent
    6/21: Underworld, Jungle @ The Hollywood Bowl
    6/25: Until the Ribbon Breaks @ The Rickshaw Stop

  16. #2626
    old school Fourthisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    3,551

    Default Re: FYF 2014

    What a wild trip that was. Got my car towed Friday since I spent too much time in Amoeba, so the price of doing business there just went up exponentially... and then Saturday's cluster happened. All in all, Sunday was very bearable and at least they ended things on a high note.


    Top 5:

    Slowdive
    Darkside
    Strokes, the
    Tycho
    Little Dragon

    Thanks again for the easy-to-follow directions on the EXPO line, Drinkey. Sorry we weren't able to meet up with you guys pre-fest... and during the damn thing? Forget about it, I was just happy to see more than half of the acts who I was looking forward to. Hope they move this fest somewhere else, or change a LOT of things for next year. That drudge from the Main Stage to the Lawn made it nearly impossible to plan trips to see some sets.


    Quote Originally Posted by CaseSensitive View Post
    Yes, the Bonaventure
    Whoa, we stayed there too! 27th floor, great view, pretty fun hotel/indoor city. That place was a maze and a half. Loved the easy access to public transportation and the highways.
    2/24 - Swans = 2/26 - Sleater-Kinney = 3/16 - Swervedriver = 4/10-12 - Coachella 1
    4/14 - Ride = 4/15 - the War on Drugs/Cloud Nothings = 4/17-19 - Coachella 2 = 5/8-10 - Levitation Austin = 5/14 - the Antlers = 6/5 - Bunbury= 7/17-19 - Pitchfork= 7/21 - Metz/Viet Cong


  17. #2627
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Bay Area
    Posts
    12,508

    Default Re: FYF 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by birdiearch View Post
    I'm a little bummed I had to sit for DARKSIDE, but whatever, I squirmed like a fool in my seat.
    Pretty sure you weren't required to sit in the actual seat.

  18. #2628
    Member CaseSensitive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    522

    Default Re: FYF 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Fourthisto View Post
    What a wild trip that was. Got my car towed Friday since I spent too much time in Amoeba, so the price of doing business there just went up exponentially... and then Saturday's cluster happened. All in all, Sunday was very bearable and at least they ended things on a high note.


    Top 5:

    Slowdive
    Darkside
    Strokes, the
    Tycho
    Little Dragon

    Thanks again for the easy-to-follow directions on the EXPO line, Drinkey. Sorry we weren't able to meet up with you guys pre-fest... and during the damn thing? Forget about it, I was just happy to see more than half of the acts who I was looking forward to. Hope they move this fest somewhere else, or change a LOT of things for next year. That drudge from the Main Stage to the Lawn made it nearly impossible to plan trips to see some sets.




    Whoa, we stayed there too! 27th floor, great view, pretty fun hotel/indoor city. That place was a maze and a half. Loved the easy access to public transportation and the highways.
    Yeah, I loved the hotel for this location. We were on the 20th floor. If it's at exposition park again next year, I'll book it again I noticed a LOT of FYF writsbands in the lobby and chatted with a few
    He sold his soul for a shot at fame
    Catchphrase and wigs and the jokes are lame...

  19. #2629
    old school Fourthisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    3,551

    Default Re: FYF 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by spiggums View Post
    Also VIP was pretty much useless this year (whereas it was almost a necessity last year)... Saturday it didn't have a separate entrance at all, just a separate search line.. So you still had to go through the long assed line to get to the search tents... and while they sort of added a separate entrance on Sunday, it wasn't really needed... And just the one "VIP" area inside with super limited options...
    Not true, there was a separate entrance, we took it on Saturday to skip the longass line. But they didn't post details about it until Sunday, and the signage in the area wasn't clear at all, even though I (and others) had asked them repeatedly via email/twitter/FB. Amateur hour.

    http://fyffest.com/news/222893

    I was bitching about VIP "amenities" days before the fest, and the lack of response and details should have been a warning sign that the worst was yet to come. But skipping that entry line, the sightline for the Main Stage (never would have gotten as close for the Strokes otherwise) and the shaded couch area all combined made it almost worth it. There definitely needs to be improvements made on VIP perks next year, since the experience should be better all around.
    2/24 - Swans = 2/26 - Sleater-Kinney = 3/16 - Swervedriver = 4/10-12 - Coachella 1
    4/14 - Ride = 4/15 - the War on Drugs/Cloud Nothings = 4/17-19 - Coachella 2 = 5/8-10 - Levitation Austin = 5/14 - the Antlers = 6/5 - Bunbury= 7/17-19 - Pitchfork= 7/21 - Metz/Viet Cong


  20. #2630

    Default Re: FYF 2014

    I had an awesome time, but I hope FYF is at a different venue next year. If it's at the same place, at least create a shortcut from the Main Stage to The Lawn. That walk was ridiculous, took 15 minutes!

  21. #2631
    Member spiggums's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    1,670

    Default Re: FYF 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Fourthisto View Post
    Not true, there was a separate entrance, we took it on Saturday to skip the longass line. But they didn't post details about it until Sunday, and the signage in the area wasn't clear at all, even though I (and others) had asked them repeatedly via email/twitter/FB. Amateur hour.

    http://fyffest.com/news/222893

    I was bitching about VIP "amenities" days before the fest, and the lack of response and details should have been a warning sign that the worst was yet to come. But skipping that entry line, the sightline for the Main Stage (never would have gotten as close for the Strokes otherwise) and the shaded couch area all combined made it almost worth it. There definitely needs to be improvements made on VIP perks next year, since the experience should be better all around.
    I got the note about the separate entrance on Sunday and assumed that it had just been opened for that day (and then didn't bother walking to it since I walked past the main entrance and it took no time), so I stand corrected... But then, that's just yeah... further illustrating their issues. If there was signage, it wasn't obvious when walking to the festival from the metro (which would be one of the main paths people take to the gates, so you'd THINK there'd be something along that route)... I was going to head to that entrance on Sunday, just didn't see the need since there was no real line to get through that main gate...

    Tangentially... Another annoyance from the weekend: "I can't serve you whiskey unless I mix it with something"... I mean... I kind of get it... they want to keep people from doing shots... because, amateurs... but I'd have liked to just enjoy sipping on some whiskey...

  22. #2632
    old school Kyliediscope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fistpimping
    Posts
    2,660

    Default Re: FYF 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Maybe "forgive" is the wrong word. I'll put it this way, on Saturday at around 7pm I was certain this would be my last FYF fest. By the end of the weekend I'd seen enough great music to justify all of the hassle. It wasn't ideal or acceptable but it was the hand we were dealt, and I'm grateful that the good outweighed the bad (at least for me.) If I had to fly to LA for the festival I'd probably feel differently. Anyhow I hope you had a good weekend, all things considered. I'm pretty sure I saw you at the Holiday Inn in Westlake on Saturday night. I was going to say hi but you and your friends didn't get on the elevator I was on.
    I was one of the friends with her! You should have said hi.

    I bet I am just repeating everything that everyone else said, but the logistics nearly ruined the entire experience for me. Man Man was fun. Slint was excellent. My group decided to head over to the further craft beer section to listen to a bit of Real Estate since we had time before Todd Terje. Getting back into the arena was terrible. It was an accident waiting to happen. Then, the security basically told me I was stuck in there unless I wanted to get back in line. They wouldn't even let me smoke on the stairs. So, I said fuck it and went to see the end of Slowdive, which made me regret not watching the entire set. The last few songs sounded incredible. Tycho while drinking with friends into Grimes ended up really turning the experience around.

    I didn't even bother going into the arena the rest of the night in fear that I was going to waste even more time walking all the way to the other side of the festival just to have to wait in line again.

    The next day I didn't head in to the festival until a little while before Blood Orange. Great performance, but the crowd was pretty tepid. People waiting for Haim? Darkside was easy to get into if you didn't mind sitting in the very top section, but unfortunately the music lost a lot of its energy up there, so my group left early from that set. Had a few beers and then went to say goodbye to some friends at Jaime XX, which ended up being good enough to pull me in for a while.

    If the line-up was incredible and they fixed issues like getting from Lawn to Main. I might consider going again. The music didn't really make up for the terrible logistics this go around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    PLURcenta

  23. #2633
    old school Kyliediscope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fistpimping
    Posts
    2,660

    Default Re: FYF 2014

    Also, it was a pleasure meeting everyone that I got the chance to this weekend! I totally forget everyone's names, but it was a pleasure nonetheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    PLURcenta

  24. #2634
    Member anonimouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,219

    Default Re: FYF 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    Yeah, I hadn't even thought about it really but the crowd was super fucking cool. Had more interactions with random people then I usually do and everyone was always really mellow and easy to talk to.
    FYF has always been this way the years i have gone, it's a lot like what the coachella crowd was like before the late 00s. if they insist on growing this thing into "just another LA music fest" with top tier headliners and increasing attendance (which, based on this year, seems to be the plan) then that will change as more celebutantes, casuals and #selfie #justfyfthings #excuseme4partying types show up.



    Quote Originally Posted by zachb View Post
    I'm fairly certain that FYF (nor any of the other fests) will be back at LA State Historic Park. Check out the current plans for the renovation http://la.curbed.com/archives/2014/0...e_makeover.php

    I think due to the placement of trees and other park amenities, a festival the size of last year's FYF (which was almost half the size of this years) wouldn't even be possible. They need a big open field (like a polo field) and I don't think this park will work ever again, after the renovation.
    what about the place they held HARD at this year, whittier narrows recreation area? i've never been and i haven't read reports about this year's HARD but i imagine if it worked for them it could work for FYF. yea, it's not really in downtown LA but if they insist on going full mainstream with top tier acts then that's their own fault for limiting their options. i just hope we don't have another parking lot fest next year.
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

  25. #2635
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    22,396

    Default Re: FYF 2014

    I think the biggest issue this year was doubling the amount of tickets sold in an untested location.
    last.fm
    5/15-17/15 - Psycho CA @ Observatory // 5/22/15 - Laura Jane Grace @ Hollywood Forever Cemetary // 5/27/15 - Neutral Milk Hotel @ Warner Grand Theater
    6/3/15 - Sufjan Stevens @ Dorothy Chandler // 7/15/15 - Shellac @ Regent // 7/31/15 - Melt Banana w/Torche @ Roxy

  26. #2636
    Coachella Junkie Spooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,301

    Default Re: FYF 2014

    The polar bear costume dude was there? I remember him from 2012...

    Look at the Bronx's pics: http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archive...st_2014_p.html

    ps suprefan? http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archive...united_bl.html

    5/13 Merzbow/Ron Morelli/Prurient @ Output
    5/15 Moritz Von Oswald/Vril/Kettenkarussell @ Output
    5/16 Roy Ayers @ Output
    5/16 Lightning Bolt/Oneida @ LPR
    5/16 Scuba @ Verboten


    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

  27. #2637
    Member djoz187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    519

    Default Re: FYF 2014

    Where's all the bootlegs?
    06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12W1, 13W1, 14W1, 15W1
    -----
    http://www.last.fm/user/djoz187
    [url]https://twitter.com/djoz18[url]
    https://instagram.com/djoz187

    5.13-15 Non-Commvention
    5.30 Courtney Barnett @ Roxy
    5.31 Courtney Barnett @ Roxy
    6.5 Miami Horror @ Roxy
    6.12 San Cisco @ El Rey
    8.22-23 FYF Fest
    8.28-30 Riot Fest Denver

  28. #2638

    Default Re: FYF 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    The polar bear costume dude was there? I remember him from 2012...

    Look at the Bronx's pics: http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archive...st_2014_p.html

    ps suprefan? http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archive...united_bl.html

    Ok, so BV DID NOT have somebody go to Blood Brothers? WTF is up with that.



    Few more, the rest later today or tomorrow.








    Quote Originally Posted by djoz187 View Post
    Where's all the bootlegs?
    lol

  29. #2639

    Default Re: FYF 2014

    Statement. I'm thinking this sounds like it will stay at the same site next year.

    We would like to thank you for attending FYF Fest this weekend. Things started off on Saturday afternoon with a few problems, but felt by Sunday that everyone was having a great time. I hope that felt you the same way. One issue that did come up that we would like to address this moment is that security had all attendees throw away reusable water bottles at the entrance. This is our fault for not being clear with the wording on the website and the communication with our security team. In turn, we would like anyone that had their reusable water bottle thrown away to contact us at info@fyffest.com. We are fixing one issue at a time and it is important that you, the fans know that we are acknowledging this. We have already begun planning for next year and are ready to make FYF Fest the best experience possible. And since it's “National Dog Day” I felt it's approriate to post a photo of my girl. Thank you again and see you next year. - Sean

  30. #2640
    Member summersnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    205

    Default Re: FYF 2014

    He said more "statement" is coming later in the week (one post down on the FB page) - will be interesting to see what else they say.
    Sleater-Kinney 5.1 // Desert Daze 5.2 // Speedy Ortiz 5.21 // Rocket From The Crypt 5.30 // Built to Spill 7.17 // Wilco 8.5 // FYF 8.22 // St. Vincent 8.30 // AC/DC 9.28 // My Morning Jacket 10.11/ + 10.13 // Father John Misty 10.16

Similar Threads

  1. Moogfest 2014 - April 23 - 27, 2014 - Asheville, NC
    By Spooks in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 01-20-2015, 10:08 AM
  2. Croatia 2014 - Hideout & Garden Festivalsl 2014
    By diabloargentino in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2013, 06:42 AM
  3. ABC For 2014!
    By FrankieGoesToHollywood in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-04-2013, 02:43 PM
  4. BPM 2014
    By tmac in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-27-2013, 04:03 PM
  5. Dr Dog 2014
    By Scottiesweat in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-11-2013, 08:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •