Page 77 of 92 FirstFirst ... 7273747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,310 of 2759

Thread: FYF 2014

Default Re: FYF 2014

Quote Originally Posted by CaseSensitive View Post
    Did you already see this under "Tickets" on their site:

Unless you are asking what the "Much More" is?
    Yeah, I saw that - but check it, word for word: "All VIP areas will feature exclusive sight lines to their respective stages."

"VIP areas", yet there's only one, and therefore "Their Respective Stages" is very misleading.

Whoever typed that up is addicted to pluralization, and that sucks.

Just seems to me they did some lazy planning here, and overpromised/ underdelivered.

And yes, WHAT THE HELL IS 'MUCH MORE'

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    Damn you blind.
    I wish, then I wouldn't have to see you at every damn festival!

Oh, hey guys. My friend showed me a great idea this past Coachella in regards to the schedule. We set our "Lock Screens" as the schedule for the day. That way, we had the current time and the schedule at the click of the button. Didn't even need to be sober enough to know your screen code to unlock your phone.
    i did that at Burgerama, Viva Pomona, and Growing Up is Dumb this year. great festival tactic.

i love joanna newsom :-( ys is a classic

and yes im confirmed as a joyce manor fanboy and a #postrockposer for not seeing slint.
    Last edited by AeroplaneJunkie; 08-20-2014 at 12:12 PM.

Yeah, it really is. I also go full nerd and wear this cell phone protector around my neck. Otherwise I will think I lost my phone every five minutes.

So if you see a dork with this around her neck, it's me

I have a thing for dorky/nerdy girls so hopefully I bump into you, I'll be the guy with a tank top and shorts on, shouldn't be too hard to find, might have a hat or shawl on too. oh yeah and shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Someone's not paying attention.
    To the human race or your question? If it's the human race, you may be right, if it's your question, you're definitley right. Oh I heard a dog or cat of some sort may be there too, maybe that's someone that you like who will be there?

here's what it looks like i'll be seeing

saturday
    Conan Mockasin -> Joyce Manor -> (end of) Slint -> Real Estate -> Avey Tare -> Future Islands -> Run The Jewels (partial) -> Slowdive -> Caribou -> Interpol (maybe 20 minutes worth) -> Boris -> Ty Segall

sunday
    Twin Peaks -> Joanna Gruesome -> Balance and Composure -> Mac Demarco -> Thundercat -> Built To Spill -> Darkside / Earl halfsies or if all of my friends are going to one of those rather than the other i'll just tag along (seen both before) -> Flying Lotus

how late do you think the Strokes and Jamie XX are gonna play? Also Deafheaven is an option since they start at 11pm. Not sure how I want to end the fest.

App lists both The Strokes & Jamie xx sets end at midnight.

I plan on watching most of Jamie and ending with the Strokes. If you've never seen The Strokes, I'd pick them. Even if their more recent material has been pretty lackluster, their live shows are great.

Quote Originally Posted by ficklecycle View Post
    App lists both The Strokes & Jamie xx sets end at midnight.
    i'll probably end up seeing the strokes for old times sake. comedown machine, angles, and first impressions are pretty bad albums but you gotta think they'll end with some stuff from the first 2 albums

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

That is really weird that Tenacious D are doing a signing
    last.fm
    7/31/15 - Melt Banana w/Torche @ Roxy // 8/22/15-8/23/15 - FYF Fest @ Exposition Park // 9/17/15 - Hum w/Mineral @ Regent //9/26/15 - Titus Andronicus @ Roxy
    10/20/15 - Blur @ Hollywood Bowl // 11/12/15 - Desaparacidos @ Teragram Ballroom // 11/21/15 - Blind Guardian @ City National Grove of Anaheim

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    That is really weird that Tenacious D are doing a signing
    Would love more info on this, and why they're doing a signing. Any possible way they could make a guest appearance for a particular act?
    My 4th Annual Coachelectro (Coachella 2015) Mix
    Featuring 80 Acts Playing The Fest This Year In Just An Hour + Free Download

https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...hella-2015-mix

That seems kinda weak =\

Ah well, I've never waited for one of those anyways

Metro question: are TAP cards available at every metro station?
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    It appears so. From a couple pages back:
    Quote Originally Posted by zachb View Post
    As far as I know, all light-rail stations sell Tap cards. It's an automated process from the fare machine (like BART in the Bay Area). A Tap card is $1 and a one-way ride is $1.50.

Yep! Same machine you buy fare from.
    last.fm
    7/31/15 - Melt Banana w/Torche @ Roxy // 8/22/15-8/23/15 - FYF Fest @ Exposition Park // 9/17/15 - Hum w/Mineral @ Regent //9/26/15 - Titus Andronicus @ Roxy
    10/20/15 - Blur @ Hollywood Bowl // 11/12/15 - Desaparacidos @ Teragram Ballroom // 11/21/15 - Blind Guardian @ City National Grove of Anaheim

Yep! Same machine you buy fare from.
    Oh, hey Drinkey. Since you're logged in and answering metro questions... I am staying on Figueroa & 4th. I checked the Metro Trip planner and it looks like I'll be taking the Silver Line. Is that correct. I am really bad at this stuff Thanks in advance!
    He sold his soul for a shot at fame
    Catchphrase and wigs and the jokes are lame...

Oh, hey Drinkey. Since you're logged in and answering metro questions... I am staying on Figueroa & 4th. I checked the Metro Trip planner and it looks like I'll be taking the Silver Line. Is that correct. I am really bad at this stuff Thanks in advance!
    This is correct, coming from Fig and 4th you'd take the Silver Line.

I'm coming from Los Feliz/Silverlake area, so I'm taking the Red to the Silver

Red to Expo will work just as well coming from Los Feliz.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313666 View Post
    This is correct, coming from Fig and 4th you'd take the Silver Line.

I'm coming from Los Feliz/Silverlake area, so I'm taking the Red to the Silver
    Wouldn't it be easier to walk down to 7th and Fig and take the Expo line?
    I have been to concerts. I will go to concerts in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by grichsgang View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier to walk down to 7th and Fig and take the Expo line?
    Isn't the Silver 50 cents? or did that change in the past couple years? I think they're about the same distance, but the Silver is (or used to be) cheap as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313666 View Post
    Isn't the Silver 50 cents? or did that change in the past couple years? I think they're about the same distance, but the Silver is (or used to be) cheap as hell.
    The Silver line is an express bus so cash fare is $2.45. The DASH F route is 50 cents. Also, the Dash and Expo let you off a bit closer.

Also, if you're taking the rail and require a transfer ie) Red to Expo, just go ahead and buy a Day pass as it will be cheaper.

Are you staying at the Bonaventure? You can take the silver line, which is a bus line that I haven't used, or you can walk a couple blocks to 7th/Flower and take the Expo Line, which is a light rail. And City Tavern, where we'll be hanging out both days before the fest getting food and drinks is right at 7th and Fig.
    last.fm

I'll be arriving in Culver City Friday night around 10pm. Any recommendations on what to do in the area that night or the morning before the fest would be awesome. Thx <3

Edit: post # 420 bro lols
    Last edited by enginedown; 08-20-2014 at 03:02 PM.

I have a bunch of friends coming into town for this. Can anyone recommend a brunch spot with bottomless mimosas that'll hold a nice sized group?

Downtown area. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheClaw View Post
    The Silver line is an express bus so cash fare is $2.45. The DASH F route is 50 cents. Also, the Dash and Expo let you off a bit closer.

Also, if you're taking the rail and require a transfer ie) Red to Expo, just go ahead and buy a Day pass as it will be cheaper.
    Are you staying at the Bonaventure? You can take the silver line, which is a bus line that I haven't used, or you can walk a couple blocks to 7th/Flower and take the Expo Line, which is a light rail. And City Tavern, where we'll be hanging out both days before the fest getting food and drinks is right at 7th and Fig.
    I am staying at the Regal Inn on 5966 S. Broadway. The metro trip planner is telling me that there is not a Rail option to get to City Tavern, and that the Silver line or Metro express line 460 are my best options. Is this accurate? And if so, do the $5 day-passes work with these lines, which seem to have inflated rates?
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

I am staying at the Regal Inn on 5966 S. Broadway. The metro trip planner is telling me that there is not a Rail option to get to City Tavern, and that the Silver line or Metro express line 460 are my best options. Is this accurate? And if so, do the $5 day-passes work with these lines, which seem to have inflated rates?
    Oh yeah, you are staying waaaay south! I think the $5 day pass works for all lines, but I am not positive.
    last.fm

Damn. I didn't think it was that far south. I guess we will just ride the silver line. It drops us off literally in front of city tavern. We'll just load up our TAP cards with enough for 3 rides I guess. Thanks!
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Yes, the Bonaventure thanks so much! I think I'll take your advice with the Expo line. I am not checking in until 1:30 or 2, so I think I'll miss Sat, but perhaps Sunday
    He sold his soul for a shot at fame
    Catchphrase and wigs and the jokes are lame...

Yes, at the machines it asks you whether you need to purchase one or re fill an existing card. Just follow the directions.

Quote Originally Posted by enginedown View Post
    I'll be arriving in Culver City Friday night around 10pm. Any recommendations on what to do in the area that night or the morning before the fest would be awesome. Thx <3

Edit: post # 420 bro lols
    Culver City is blessed with the best dive bars in the LA region. Go to the Tattle Tale on Sepulveda/Sawtelle for cheap beers and bad karaoke, and in the same stripmall is the Scarlet Lady Tavern. Also across from the Sony lot is Backstage Bar. This place has great karaoke as well, and surprisingly good food.

If you're looking for restaurants check out downtown Culver City (its near the Trader Joes). City Tavern is great, East Borough (Vietnamese) is pretty tasty and there are a ton of other good options in the area. For nicer bars, there is Bigfoot Lodge west and Oldfields (which is a great cocktail bar), both on Venice.

If you have a car, there are 3 great restaurants on the western edge of Culver City; A-Frame, Corner Door and Waterloo and City (all on Washington Blvd). There is also the Alibi Room, which is close to there and serves tacos from the Kogi truck menu.

Oh, also the city's Fiesta La Ballona fesival starts Friday, so there will be a carnival/fair setup at Overland and Culver. That is usually pretty fun and they have good vendor food, cheap beer and some great/terrible cover bands play.
    Last edited by zachb; 08-20-2014 at 03:49 PM.

Picture of the Lawn Stage. Anyone been around the area recently and seen anything?

http://instagram.com/p/r8k1OjuVuq/