Page 47 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 2911

Thread: Outside Lands 2014

  1. #1381

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldorrr View Post
    Jeeze VG, stop making logical deductions that someone who played universally watched award shows would have mass appeal.

    If you want to sound like bumblebee you need to throw in made up percentages, a few speculative prices etc. etc.
    Yeah I was going half bumblebee not full blown bee. I'm blowing it over here.

  2. #1382
    Member That's Sir Honey Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    52

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    Yeah I was going half bumblebee not full blown bee. I'm blowing it over here.
    Ahem. Half a bee, you say?


  3. #1383

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    It's sad how many times I've refreshed the Instagram clawing for more... Only one hint today so far and it's killing me.

  4. #1384
    Member That's Sir Honey Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    52

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Sayjay View Post
    It's sad how many times I've refreshed the Instagram clawing for more... Only one hint today so far and it's killing me.
    Here you go

    http://instagram.com/p/mbkfJJQxFp/

    Haim

  5. #1385
    Member nickntto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    453

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    So so happy I enjoyed their performance at TI a lot so I'm glad I get to see them again.

  6. #1386
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    39

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Oh my god yessss I was so upset I missed them at TI

  7. #1387
    Member harryoliver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    367

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Sweet, Haim. That's our first TI crossover, right?

  8. #1388
    Member nickntto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    453

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by harryoliver View Post
    Sweet, Haim. That's our first TI crossover, right?
    Correct! Ok so I checked and OSL 2012 had three crossover bands. Yacht, Geographer, and Explosion in the Sky.

  9. #1389

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    shouldn't we be comparing osl 2013 to ti 2013 and osl 2014 to the upcoming ti 2014?

  10. #1390
    Member nickntto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    453

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by acasey0 View Post
    shouldn't we be comparing osl 2013 to ti 2013 and osl 2014 to the upcoming ti 2014?
    TI is put on in October by APE and Noise Pop. Noise Pop also puts on Noise Pop Fest in November which is similar to SXSW in the way they showcase up an coming acts. That being said, and TI being a much smaller festival (only two stages), smaller bands are booked and they usually become more popular as the year ends and as the next year progresses. That makes it easier for APE to book bands for Outside Lands, as they have already played TI and they can tell which bands had a good response from the audience, etc.

    e.g.
    TI2012 and OSL2013: Youth Lagoon, Wild Belle
    TI2011 and OSL2012: Geographer, YACHT, Explosions in the Sky
    TI2010 and OSL2011: Phantogram, Little Dragon
    Last edited by nickntto; 04-05-2014 at 07:36 PM.

  11. #1391
    Member nickntto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    453

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    I also should add that The War on Drugs got added to the Pickathon Fest (Happy Valley, Oregon - August 1-3) lineup. So this definitely makes them more likely Would be a great fit.

  12. #1392

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    War on Drugs would make me really happy after two bands revealed who I have zero interest in seeing.
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07
    SxSW 16, 17

  13. #1393

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Kurt vile was there last year but yezz

  14. #1394

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by nickntto View Post
    TI is put on in October by APE and Noise Pop. Noise Pop also puts on Noise Pop Fest in November which is similar to SXSW in the way they showcase up an coming acts. That being said, and TI being a much smaller festival (only two stages), smaller bands are booked and they usually become more popular as the year ends and as the next year progresses. That makes it easier for APE to book bands for Outside Lands, as they have already played TI and they can tell which bands had a good response from the audience, etc.

    e.g.
    TI2012 and OSL2013: Youth Lagoon, Wild Belle
    TI2011 and OSL2012: Geographer, YACHT, Explosions in the Sky
    TI2010 and OSL2011: Phantogram, Little Dragon
    Makes sense

  15. #1395

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Just want to mention three of chillz bands have been confirmed by RD.

  16. #1396

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    Just want to mention three of chillz bands have been confirmed by RD.

    Was just thinking that.
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07
    SxSW 16, 17

  17. #1397
    Member Joshkitchen90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Santa Maria, CA
    Posts
    127

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    So excited for Haim. I had tickets to see them in Santa Barbara, but alas I forgot I had my girlfriend's sister's wedding to go to the same day. -_-

  18. #1398
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,631

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Fuck yeah to Haim!

  19. #1399

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Haim and cheese sandwich .
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

  20. #1400

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by acasey0 View Post
    Kurt vile was there last year but yezz
    In a fantastically pissy mood too.
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07
    SxSW 16, 17

  21. #1401
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Emeryville
    Posts
    29,422

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    Just want to mention three of chillz bands have been confirmed by RD.
    Well, chillz had the coveted guedita approval from the start, so this should not be a surprise.
    2/19: Intergalactic Gary, Octo Octa @ Audio
    2/20: Cloud Nothings, Itasca, Never Young, Kid Trails@ The Independent
    2/21: Weyes Blood, Half Waif, 20 Minute Loop, Young Moon @ Swedish American Hall
    2/22: Uniform, Black Marble, Mall Walk, Blank Square @ Starline Social Club
    2/23: Japanese Breakfast, Miya Folick, Dante Elephante, Flying Circles @ Rickshaw Stop
    2/23: Julien Baker @GAMH

  22. #1402

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Ben Howard playing the Foy Vance lunchtime folky Sutro opener role, according to Instagram.

    Can't imagine Ben Howard being quite as drunk as Foy Vance though. Might be wrong there though.
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07
    SxSW 16, 17

  23. #1403
    Member nickntto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    453

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by SavageHenry101 View Post
    Ben Howard playing the Foy Vance lunchtime folky Sutro opener role, according to Instagram.

    Can't imagine Ben Howard being quite as drunk as Foy Vance though. Might be wrong there though.
    I don't think Ben Howard will be opening any stages, he's actually really popular. I was thinking Tallest Man On Earth's time slot would probably fit him better.

  24. #1404
    Member Sheldorrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Denvarroooo
    Posts
    639

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by nickntto View Post
    I don't think Ben Howard will be opening any stages, he's actually really popular. I was thinking Tallest Man On Earth's time slot would probably fit him better.
    I agree. I think he has lost some of his luster in recent years (not talent-wise just popularity-wise), but still is going to be a middle of afternoon type show.
    AC/DC and Steely Dan? Why not just get a Don Henley project on the poster so my dad can bring his R/V, his fourth wife, and make a day out of the damn thing?

  25. #1405

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    I stand corrected!
    Outside Lands 12, 13, 14
    Summer Sonic 05, 06, 07
    SxSW 16, 17

  26. #1406
    Member Sheldorrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Denvarroooo
    Posts
    639

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by SavageHenry101 View Post
    I stand corrected!
    Eh It's all speculation at this point. Who the hell knows what's gonna happen honestly. We're all just here to conquer our boredom and anticipation in waiting for what will be an amazing festival either way!
    AC/DC and Steely Dan? Why not just get a Don Henley project on the poster so my dad can bring his R/V, his fourth wife, and make a day out of the damn thing?

  27. #1407
    Member Sheldorrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Denvarroooo
    Posts
    639

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Well, chillz had the coveted guedita approval from the start, so this should not be a surprise.
    Someday I'll get this back.........someday
    AC/DC and Steely Dan? Why not just get a Don Henley project on the poster so my dad can bring his R/V, his fourth wife, and make a day out of the damn thing?

  28. #1408
    Member harryoliver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    367

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Geographer is working on a new album, I could see him coming back despite playing in '12.

    He was one of my favorite sets in '12.

  29. #1409
    old school kvnty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Fascination Street
    Posts
    4,330

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by knotted_donuts View Post
    Bringing this back from Page 13. I was listening to some Sleigh Bells this morning and I got curious. I think they'd be a great fit!
    And you'd be right. Would love to see Sleigh Bells at Outside Lands and those tour dates make it seem all the more possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by footixy View Post
    Girl, you can pound your vagina so hard in those the Sahara will feel a new kind of drop...
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    ... Keep fucking that chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip

  30. #1410
    Member Sheldorrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Denvarroooo
    Posts
    639

    Default Re: Outside Lands 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    And you'd be right. Would love to see Sleigh Bells at Outside Lands and those tour dates make it seem all the more possible.
    Don't be afraid to use your pink slip to entice them!
    AC/DC and Steely Dan? Why not just get a Don Henley project on the poster so my dad can bring his R/V, his fourth wife, and make a day out of the damn thing?

Similar Threads

  1. Moogfest 2014 - April 23 - 27, 2014 - Asheville, NC
    By Spooks in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 05-21-2016, 07:12 AM
  2. Croatia 2014 - Hideout & Garden Festivalsl 2014
    By diabloargentino in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2013, 06:42 AM
  3. Outside Lands in SF
    By TheMadeleine in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 11:43 AM
  4. SF Outside Lands
    By SecretNuT in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 08:55 AM
  5. Outside Lands DVD...
    By i_like_cake530 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 12-02-2008, 10:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •