Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Safari Tents.. Opinions?

Default Re: Safari Tents.. Opinions?

I've posted on this topic several times, but I'll say it again its definitely worth it.

The pro's definitely outweigh the con's - as mentioned the only really con is that it can be a little noisy if you're near the food tent (which we were in 2012), but ear plugs can sort that out. Didn't go this year, but the addition of the pool and free-ish massages last year were an added bonus.

Looking forward to returning in 2014.

Question Re: Safari Tents.. Opinions?

Two CrazyCanucks here,

This is one for our bucket list which we booked a few weeks ago,

how close to the main stage are you for headliners ? and how early would you suggest getting there before lets say the ac/dc and jack white shows? are you actually right at the very front? any idea how many guest passes there are floating around ? we talking hundreds or competing for stage space with thousands?

Also how loud at 4 pm by the food tents is it ? we do intend on bringing earplugs and most likely sleeping pills , if we arrive at the checkin hotel say noon thursday (when they open) would we get choice of spots ? ( if food tent/lounge is bad what would be the best? cant hurt to ask)

also is security on you everytime you come back and forth ? ie emptying your water bottle if you are back and forth a fair bit? or maybe a wineskin etc etc....

any positive responses would be appreciated.

Cheers from Canada EH !!

We have booked one this year as well and can't wait! (bucket list) there's a couple of good threads on them worth searching for on the board.

Hard to say on the number of guest passes out there but what I do know is that there are approx 100 safari tents (see image on link below and look for the star shape in the bottom right - then you have guests of artists and of course golden voice themselves plus sponsors.

You do get right to the front of the stage and from the outside looking in at previous years, the area was pretty empty during the day and then busier at night for headliners etc.

I believe security checks are pretty much non existent once you are in - no checks to go through to the field each morning just jump on a cart and name your stage!

We are also going to try and get there early Thursday to get a spot away from the safari lounge - again the image below will give you a feel of layout

Enjoy and maybe see you there!

http://i.imgur.com/YLxtQZT.jpg

GREAT SHOT OF THE GROUNDS !!!
    AND YES LOOK US UP WHEN YOU ARE THERE , WE WILL BE THE TENT WITH A FEW CANADA FLAGS HANGING FROM THE DOORS.
    MIGHT EVEN HAVE A COLD ONE WAITING FOR YOU IF WE GET THERE FIRST

Hi! I've purchased Safari pass before (2012, but did not camp with the sellers, I have my own camp) and I love the access! Would you be opposed to me purchasing an add on Safari spot with your order? I am just looking for the stage access, not the campground (although it is nice). Just secure all your stuff inside the tent in case the dust storms get bad again this year. 2012 some of the safari tents were just wrecked, and people's chairs and stuff they had sitting outside blew away.

Happy Coachella!

Oh and PS: in 2012 the tents were preassigned. There is a tent lounge in your compound with breakfast, snacks, and drinks, too. You have kind of a private "highway" walking/cart path all along the outer edge of the fairgrounds so it's easy to get from stage to stage. Also have access to the artist compound. hope this helps!