Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AXS ticketing is the worst site ever, welcome to the waiting room

Default Re: AXS ticketing is the worst site ever, welcome to the waiting room

I concede my point about AXS being better than Ticketmaster for scalpers. It might be worse for scalpers, but it's also a heck of a lot worse for me and most other boardies who've perfected the art of ticket buying. There is no art anymore with AXS. Also, all of my other numerous points still remain valid.

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    Has anyone tried buying tickets on ticketmaster for surfer blood? The link takes you to axs site for Sparks tickets. I wonder if someone at GV is wondering "why have we not sold any Surfer Blood tickets?"
    Hahaha that's absolutely hilarious.

Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    December
    3 - alt-J - Pageant

I bought tickets for 2 shows today through Ticketmaster-Pixies @ the El Rey and AFI at the Fonda.
    It was very easy to buy tickets!
    Much better than AXS, and somewhat better than the shows with the "Livenation" interface.

AXS ticketing is the worst site ever
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

i just paid $80 for 2 $25 tickets. FUCK THIS SHIT

All ticketing system sucks! They win, we lose!

Still using flash in 2015. Something is wrong with the world.

December
    3 - alt-J - Pageant

2016 bump. AXS still requires flash.

The AXS app doesn't tell you if you got FLOOR or BALC tickets when you try to buy for the Fonda. It allows you to pick if you use the dropdown, but if you use"Best Available", the order summary only shows "GA". The only time this is really a problem is when you're trying to buy for a hot show and trying to go thru the process asap. Unfortunately you have no idea what you pull until after your order has been processed. Would be nice to actually know what you're buying before hitting "Process Order". I'm sure there's folks on here that would throw back a balcony ticket if that's all that was available.

tl;dr, I ended up with Balcony tix for Miike Snow because AXS sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    9/9 Holy Ghost @ Regent - 9/10 TRST @ Wonder Ballroom - 9/20 IAMX @ Casbah - 9/21 IAMX @ Constellation Room - 9/22 Die Antwoord @ Palladium - 9/23 Crystal Castles @ Fonda - 9/24 Touche Amore and Hum @ Fox Pomona - 9/25 Sylvan Essa @ MTG Long Beach

Watch this video for a good laugh:

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Aw, what a spectacular load of bullshit
    last.fm
    8/7/16 - Sufjan Stevens @ Hollywood Bowl // 8/8/16 - Radiohead @ Shrine // 8/8/16 - Boris @ Regent
    9/14/16 - Wilco @ Theatre at Ace Hotel // 9/18/16 - Kraftwerk @ Hollywood Bowl

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

As bad as AXS is, it's even more frustrating to try to get a ticket on Ticketmaster and being told there are no more tickets available from the site but then them showing you resell tickets at 3x the price right below it. They're promoting their own scalping to their own events.

September 17 - Melvins
    September 20 - Wolves In The Throne Room
    September 21 - Kanye West
    September 23 - Cattle Decapitation
    September 30-October 2 - ACL wk.1
    October 7 - ACL wk.2
    October 11 - Failure
    November 6 - Sia
    November 12 - Black Sabbath

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    As bad as AXS is, it's even more frustrating to try to get a ticket on Ticketmaster and being told there are no more tickets available from the site but then them showing you resell tickets at 3x the price right below it. They're promoting their own scalping to their own events.
    AXS doesn't show it right there, but they often link right to the StubHub page for the event, since StubHub is their "trusted 3rd party reseller".

December
    3 - alt-J - Pageant

Fuck off AEG! I refuse to use AXS...

AEG Live to Acquire Bowery Presents

Another independent promoter gets scooped up.

Following some three years of speculation that a deal is in the works, sources have confirmed to Billboard that global promoter AEG Live is in final negotiations to acquire successful New York-based independent promoter Bowery Presents. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

The development significantly impacts not only the New York concert scene but brings national implications as another successful promoter leaves the ranks of independents. Founded in 1993, Bowery has been a viable third promoter option in New York (with AEG and Live Nation), and has formed strong ties with artists, managers, and agents in moving acts up the venue ladder.

Bowery owns, operates or has exclusives with New York's 575-capacity Bowery Ballroom, the 250-cap Mercury Lounge in New York, the 3,000-cap Terminal 5, the 250-cap Rough Trade, and Brooklyn's 550-cap Music Hall of Williamsburg. Bowery also presents shows at New York's Madison Square Garden, Barclays Center, Brooklyn Bowl, and the Capitol Theater in Port Chester, N.Y.

Additionally, Bowery has aggressively expanded its operations in recent years, moving into Albany, N.Y., Boston (where it presents shows at Great Scott, The Royale and The Sinclair), Philadelphia (Union Transfer and other venues), and at the State Theatre in Portland, Me. Bowery has also dove into the deep South, with its Bowery South division promoting shows across Atlanta, Birmingham, Ala., and New Orleans.

Bowery will be the second notable New York independent to be bought out this year. Earlier this month, news came that Live Nation had acquired a majority stake in Founders Entertainment, producers of Governors Ball on Randall's Island. New York and the Northeastern U.S. have been one of the most competitive territories between Live Nation and AEG Live, and the latter's move with Bowery is a critical play outside the festival space. Though digitally-savvy, Bowery in many ways operates as an old-school promoter, focusing less on forging tour deals or getting into bidding wars with established acts and more on building loyalty with developing bands by taking risks early in their careers at the small venue level, hopefully building a significant number of these acts to the arena level.

An AEG/Bowery deal could be announced as early as next week, sources say. Representatives from AEG Live and Bowery Presents declined to respond to comment. Bowery partners include former Live Nation New York president Jim Glancy, who moved to Bowery in 2004; and John Moore, co-founder of Bowery with Michael Swier, who Glancy and Moore bought out several years ago.

9/27 Beach Slang @ Rough Trade
    9/29 Health @ Market Hotel
    9/30 Leon Vynehall @ Good Room
    10/1 Barac @ B-612
    10/2 Wu-Tang Clan/David Byrne @ Bryant Park

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Enjoy not going to any of those shows then.

Was gonna post the Bowery story but ya beat me to it Spooks. Yikes. Well, there goes one of the few major independent promoters left....

December
    3 - alt-J - Pageant

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/29/bu...ster.html?_r=0

Bowery Ballroom and Mercury Lounge switching to Ticketfly on Sunday, AEG deal will likely not change this!

December
    3 - alt-J - Pageant

Very Spooks-esque post, down to the punctuation.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Very Spooks-esque post, down to the punctuation.
    Let's focus on the content. My headline writing style/skills are irrelevant. :/

December
    3 - alt-J - Pageant

Quote Originally Posted by ameeps View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/29/bu...ster.html?_r=0

Bowery Ballroom and Mercury Lounge switching to Ticketfly on Sunday, AEG deal will likely not change this!

Why would it change anything. And it was probably part of the deal. If the venues felt they could be better served by ticketfly, then AEG compromised for em. The Roxy for example is still sold on Ticketfly, and its a Goldenvoice/AEG venue. Dont know why you think they won some big battle against ''the man''. Whenever that contract runs out, they most likely switch to AXS. Thats why it took a while for the venues in L.A. to switch, they had to have their current contract with Ticketmaster end so they could transition.

I'm still in the waiting room for Drake tickets...

FUCK AXS.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Drake, eh.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Is that comment supposed to be helpful in any way? Because I am still in the waiting room...

Die.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

axs made getting tickets to that show nearly impossible.

So it looks like the main website no longer uses Flash.....I guess this is progress?

December
    3 - alt-J - Pageant

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

one less thing for you to post about.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    one less thing for you to post about.
    That is factually correct, so why don't you pat yourself on the back!

December
    3 - alt-J - Pageant