@ karnifexlol & Bot
then if you guys marry the said g/f's you can get an amazing wife that makes awesome pasta lunches for our homies back at camp like mine did...
kinda funny walking in past security with a picnic basket and the aroma of nom home cooked food...
I remember the days when water was free and porn cost money.
Lucky: I was never really searched, and at one point I had to walk out to the cab drop to meet my daughter, I had forgotten that I had my bottle of vicoden and valium in my purse. There was no label, just a mixture of random pills in a bottle, we also had a tupperware container of snickerdoodles made with weed. The lady was all "mmm snickerdoodles, I just need to smell them to make sure they aren't laced" I guess her nose didn't work well because she gave them back to us. Then she found my bottle of pills, she asked why there wasn't a label, I explained that it was just because I didn't want to carry multiple bottles, told her what they were and she gave them to me, no problem.
I set up most of my campsite by myself, I rarely camp and have never set up a tent by myself because boys have always been around to do it for me. I did a damn good job. Saturday evening we went back to the campsite and I noticed the wind picking up so we lowered our easy up and didn't lose anything due to the wind that picked up later and got ridiculous on Sunday. Not bad for a first timer.
Unlucky: My daughter had way too much to drink on Thursday night, so I ended up having to follow her drunk ass around camp to make sure nothing happened to her. I got very little sleep so I was pretty cranky all day Friday.
Then later on Friday, during the YYYs I found a spot by the handicap riser, this is usually my safe place because people can't push up and around me, I got trampled by a large group of rude ass motherfuckers that showed up 2 songs in and started pushing their way through the crowd. I tried to move back further and just kept running into more and more people, it caused a bit of a panic attack so I said fuck it and went back to my campsite. I ended up missing all of the sets I had been most excited to see. Hearing how great How To Destroy Angels was made it even worse.
Lucky! My first time at coachella and I was expecting the worst from all the stories I've heard. I was with the art scene and was relieved to find out we had private camping, toilet, and shower. We were separated from the general public camping and it was great. Friday morning, I'm walking down the dirt road to work and I see long lines for showers, fly infested toilets, and loud drunken people still going at 8 am. Thankful to be lucky and had an amazing first time.
^ so you have no battle scars...hmmmph
I remember the days when water was free and porn cost money.
This was my first Coachella (and probably my last for awhile, due to financial concerns), but it was definitely an incredible experience that I won't soon forget. We were supposed to camp with a group of about 40 but, due to a weather-related flight delay on my connecting flight, my ride from the airport to the festival totally backed out on me and left me stranded with my wife at the OC airport searching for a new ride for several hours. Thankfully I found a guy that was willing to give us a ride and was pretty cool about the entire situation (went his own way at the fest). Unfortunately, my girlfriend and I hadn't slept in nearly 30 hours when we arrived at the fest and spent the entire rest of the festival extremely tired and sleep deprived. I had planned on seeing about 23 bands, but only actually caught 7-8 (skipped my most anticipated acts sadly). Despite the fact that I didn't get to see nearly as many bands as I would have liked, I had an absolutely incredible time. Coachella is easily one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen in my life and, though I had bags under my eyes a mile deep and looked like a fucking zombie, there wasn't a single moment of that weekend that I didn't have a huge grin across my face. If seeing someone defecate in the shower (Lot 10) at 8am doesn't ruin my weekend, then it's a pretty damn special place.
We camped next to some pretty shitty people.
Most of whom were underage and really only there to do drugs and nothing else. The chicks next to us really fucked us over too and after letting them use some of our space (they brought a giant sized 8 person tent that they used then to fuck like, no joke, more than 10 different guys) stole from us. By the end of the weekend we were missing all sorts of things.
The spot was pretty shitty too; right by the food, so much traffic at all times. We also faced one of the giant searchlights they had set up there, which they never turned off. Only cool thing was that the bathrooms were nearby. Fucked up thing was that it seemed like we were the only ones using them. I caught at least one person from each surrounding camp pissing right next to their cars...
2013 Wk1, 2012 Wk1 & 2, 2009, 2008, 2007
I piss next to my car at all hours of the day.
5/6 - Thris Tian - Studio - HK
5/7 - Nick Monaco - Studio - HK
What's the point of having a penis if you don't piss next to a car now and then?
I forgot a very lucky thing, I was in the beer tents, I had struck up a conversation with some people who were there for their first coachella. I excused myself to go grab another beer, when I got up to the front of the line I couldn't find my wallet anywhere in my purse. So I started freaking out. I went back to the table and it had fallen out in the grass next to the table. Luckily my new friends had stuck around and saved my seat, or the next person to sit there would have found my wallet with all of my cash and debit card in it. Whew.
1) The car camping group I put together thanks to this board meshed seamlessly with an impromptu group, and although it took us forever to finally get to the campsite, and lost one car due mostly to jitters and heat, the campsite was a giant success. We had such a great time and I bonded and love every person deeply. So much fun with such an eclectic group of people. I love them all!
2) Car searches freaked us out a little, but after some observations, and all the tips I had, we mostly got in just fine, all 6 of us cars. We got to our site at 1pm on Thursday, placing us on the far north side of 108th street. Quiet enough, and no need for any of the other stuff since we had showers and food and stuff. It was perfect, and our neighborhood was CHILL!
3) While I may have gotten a little too drunk and misplaced my iPhone late Thursday night, I manifested it back to me! The guys driving around selling ice yelling "get your ice, $10" let me stop them and get on the truck and use the megaphone to send out messages of lost iphone love. He spread the word by telling people that "karma is only as good as you are! turn in lost items!" hahahah and someone found my phone as they were packing up late on Monday and mailed me my fucking phone. Magic.
4) I met, shook hands, high-fived, blew bubbles at, or said hello to many of the musicians I actually went to see. How incredible is that?! Totally on the random. Like, they just happened to be at the same place on the field or tent as me. Not VIP or anything, just you know, shooting the shit on a walk from here to there and woah.. "hey there, Moby, where you been hiding all that energy man, your set wore me out!" he laughs. Oh hey Maya Jane Cole in your cute little pencil skirt and business blouse and briefcase, are you on the way to the office? nope, just you know, gonna spin some rekkids at the Yuma, see ya there! damn straight. awesome.
5) I danced my sunglasses off during Four Tet on Saturday. I thought I lost them. I decided to stay just a little longer than planned cuz it was so good. Found my frames, picked them up. Laughed with some random group of people getting a kick out of my bubbles and photo'd me for some thing and while fixing myself up, found one lens on the ground. Sacrificed Local Natives and Modest Mouse for DJ Harvey and found the other lens. WIN!
6) Was gonna just get a watermelon, but someone made a boba tea on accident for someone who didn't want it. They gave it to me. win!
7) Saw Hot Chip from the Beer Gardens while eating Spicy Pie and a free Margarita, and right up on the fence for a perfect view. Win!
8) Got on my friend's shoulders for Moby, and won the big screen! Epic!! (especially since I am 5')
9) Saw everything I wanted to see on my list except for a few that I sacrificed because the Yuma was so good. but also saw more than expected because I just happened to walk that way. Yeah! And great spots for each show! Thanks people for not being assholes and letting me through. You are beautiful!!
10) Pretty sure Cut Chemist winked at me. Pretty sure I melted.
11) My past me prepared for every terrible thing that might have happened to future me. I had mucous relief and throat spray, a scarf to cover my nose and mouth with, yoga for balancing, finger lights, alternative routes, good timing, extra batteries, solar showers, lists for after the shows when I was too tired to think straight and needed to get things done like, drive to Las Vegas and get a room upgrade and a humidifier sent to the room for freezie. It all worked out. Past me took care of future me and I am so happy!
BEST LUCKY COACHELLA EVER! and it was my 7th!!
at least you had great fun. till next year
other than lot 4, not sure if anything could have gone better for me..such a great weekend
You are not camping until you have pissed under the open sky.
The grass loves urine.
2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I, 2015: I
Any complaints are just 1st world problems and practically meaningless.