Thread: GoPro-Chella 2013 Weekend One

Default GoPro-Chella 2013 Weekend One

The beautiful side of Coachella-other than the amazing music. We are a group of friends that grew up together (most having met in Elementry/Middle school). We are now in our mid-upper 20's, spread across the state of California, but all come together for this once-a-year experience.

Coachella Musica Festival.

Anyone run across us over the weekend??!!

Default Re: GoPro-Chella 2013 Weekend One

Everyones a Photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by levi760 View Post
    The beautiful side of Coachella-other than the amazing music. We are a group of friends that grew up together (most having met in Elementry/Middle school). We are now in our mid-upper 20's, spread across the state of California, but all come together for this once-a-year experience.

Coachella Musica Festival.

Anyone run across us over the weekend??!!
    Great video for anyone who wants to know what the Coachella Beer Gardens are like.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by LickTheLizzard View Post
    Great video for anyone who wants to know what the Coachella Beer Gardens are like.
    yeah, not the type to push my way up to the front, nor do I feel like spending half the day hanging on the rail just to see one band...I'd rather spend time with my friends I rarely see and enjoy good music in the back...to each his own my friend.
    Last edited by levi760; 04-19-2013 at 10:07 PM.

Because you either have to be on the rail or in the beer garden.

Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    Because you either have to be on the rail or in the beer garden.
    ...or hang out in the back of the crowds like I mentioned.

I have to believe most people aren't this stupid lol

There's a much better way to get in from Indian Palms by bike.

Because I was bored. Not my best work. Shot blindly on a GoPro Hero 3+.
    Put together in about 2 hours.
    This was actually weekend ONE of 2013.
    Feeling the anticipation of April today...

EDIT: WATCH IN HD.
    Last edited by ELIZA83TH; 02-24-2015 at 03:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
    a cunt punt is always the best solution to cure someone of their bitchassness
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    What asshole brings an iPad to a hippie fire circle?

Cool video Liz, I'm thinking about investing in a Go-Pro this year and just leaving my phone locked away for the weekend. It'll be an excellent way to document specific moments throughout the weekend to reflect upon at a later time. Can't wait for April.

EDIT: I don't know why I had a random 'to' in that last sentence, ha.
    Last edited by conners; 03-18-2015 at 10:19 AM.
    FRIDAY
    TGoaSTT | Allah Las | Alvin Risk | Angus & Julia Stone | Ride | TWOD | Lykke Li | Steely Dan | Caribou | Tame Impala/Todd Terje | Flying Lotus | AC/DC
    SATURDAY
    PHOX | Parquet Courts | St. Paul & T.B.B. | Bad Religion | Toro y Moi | Chet Faker | Hozier | Belle & Sebastian | Kasabian | Tycho | Ratatat | Swans | Freeland
    SUNDAY
    Sloan | Night Terrors | Chicano Batman | Mo | Panda Bear | What So Not | St. Lucia | Jenny Lewis | Brand New | Kaskade | St. Vincent | Florence | ODESZA |

It's s lot of fun to look back on & get you hyped for the fest haha.
    I'm hoping that this year I will get some better footage....
    Last year I didn't use any of my cameras, GoPro, phone, or otherwise.
    It was nice to be in the moment so I might just strap the GoPro on & hit record and forget about it haha, let it catch whatever I see.

I just ended up getting the Hero 3+ Black, or whatever. What's your experience with yours? I'm thinking about just getting a mount to attach to the strap of my camelback so I can hit record and not have to worry about holding it the whole time. I had my phone for half of friday night last year before I just said fuck it and left it in the car haha.
    FRIDAY
    TGoaSTT | Allah Las | Alvin Risk | Angus & Julia Stone | Ride | TWOD | Lykke Li | Steely Dan | Caribou | Tame Impala/Todd Terje | Flying Lotus | AC/DC
    SATURDAY
    PHOX | Parquet Courts | St. Paul & T.B.B. | Bad Religion | Toro y Moi | Chet Faker | Hozier | Belle & Sebastian | Kasabian | Tycho | Ratatat | Swans | Freeland
    SUNDAY
    Sloan | Night Terrors | Chicano Batman | Mo | Panda Bear | What So Not | St. Lucia | Jenny Lewis | Brand New | Kaskade | St. Vincent | Florence | ODESZA |

Sometimes the app can be helpful because you can control the camera from your phone, so you don't have to fiddle with the camera, and you can see what you're shooting.

If you wear a hat, the head mount is great to just strap around it, or the chest harness.
    If you're going to hold it in your hand, there's a hand mount that can be helpful for making the footage less shaky.
    But its all preferential, really... Some of the mounts are really unnecessary, in my opinion.

I'll most likely invest in the dash mount for my car, and then bring along one of the hand mounts of some sort. What did you use for the video you made?
    FRIDAY
    SATURDAY
    SUNDAY

It was either handheld, or strapped to my wife's chest haha.
    It was pretty shaky, but it didn't interrupt my set-viewing time, and it wasn't a hassle to fiddle with.

So excited to head up to Tahoe and test it out before Coachella. April's quickly approaching. I'm thinking a handheld wouldn't be too bad in the long run; there's so many attachments for these things on ebay, and they're decently priced too.
    FRIDAY
    SATURDAY
    SUNDAY

If I didn't get a killer discount on accessories, I probably wouldn't have as many haha.
    But they're a lot of fun to mess around with... I've had my Hero3 for a little over 2 years now.
    Still works like a gem.

Conners,
    Invest in multiple batteries! The camera burns through batteries quite quickly, especially when the wifi is turned on, and it's always nice to have a few extra on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by dikfore View Post
    Conners,
    Invest in multiple batteries! The camera burns through batteries quite quickly, especially when the wifi is turned on, and it's always nice to have a few extra on hand.
    And a car charger!

Theres one on here for $18: it's got the chest & head strap, 3 different mounts, and 2 monopod/floating thing..
    So I snagged that and also purchased a SanDisk 32G SD card for memory. Is that decent storage?
    I'm looking into getting this battery set; would you recommend?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battery-for-...item35ced5a251

Also, definitely investing in a car charger!
    FRIDAY
    SATURDAY
    SUNDAY

32G should be enough... I haven't ever run out of space except for once when on a 7-day Colorado trip (we filmed A SHIT TON).
    And that looks like a great price for that battery pack/charger.
    I'd get one if I needed it

$40 for all the accessories + the battery pack seems like a steal. The camera itself was expensive as shit, but that's any investment. I'll easily get out of it what I decided to put in. The quality of the Hero 3+ seems pretty great; can't wait to get out onto the lake and do some underwater shots.
    FRIDAY
    SATURDAY
    SUNDAY