Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Glastonbury 2015

Default Glastonbury 2015

It's that time again

We’re very pleased to announce that tickets for Glastonbury 2015 will go on sale at the beginning of October.

STANDARD WEEKEND TICKETS ON SALE SUNDAY, 5TH OCTOBER

Standard weekend tickets will go on sale at 9am BST on Sunday, 5th October. As in previous years, Festival goers will be able to book a ticket by paying a £50 deposit per person, online at glastonbury.seetickets.com. The full price of a Glastonbury 2014 ticket is £220 + £5 booking fee. Purchasers will be able to book up to six tickets per transaction.

COACH + TICKET PACKAGES ON SALE WEDNESDAY, 1ST OCTOBER

As part of the Festival’s continued commitment to green travel, 15,000 coach + ticket packages will – as in 2013 – be sold in advance of the general sale. These coach + ticket packages will go on sale at 7pm BST on Wednesday, 1st October, via glastonbury.seetickets.com, rewarding green travellers with the chance to be the first to secure their Glastonbury 2015 tickets.

As with the general release of tickets, Festival goers will be able to book up to six coach + ticket packages per transaction. Along with their deposit of £50 per person, those booking coach packages will be required to pay the full coach ticket price for their journey.

REGISTRATION

As part of our ongoing efforts to cut out ticket touting, anyone who would like to attend next year’s Festival will need to have registered in advance of tickets going on sale. Registration remains free of charge.

Registration will close at 23:59 on Tuesday 30th September. Please don’t leave it until the last minute. Leave enough time to resubmit before tickets go on sale if you need to. Registration only takes a few minutes and can now be done straight from your smartphone or tablet so head to www.glastonburyregistration.co.uk and do it now!

If you’ve been to the Festival before, you can check your registration online here.

BALANCE PAYMENTS

The ticket balances of £170 + £5 booking fee will be due in the first week of April 2015, for both UK and international buyers.

It will not be possible to pay for a Festival ticket in full in October, when only deposits will be taken. This will allow people more time to save for their tickets, knowing that they have secured a booking. It will also help the Festival to reduce costs, allowing us to give more to our joint charities.

MORE INFORMATION

If you are interested in buying a ticket for next year’s Festival, then we would recommend reading our 2015 Ticket FAQ and the full Glastonbury 2015 ticket information.

Thanks – and we look forward to welcoming you to Worthy Farm in June next year!

Default Re: Glastonbury 2015

I'm committing to this hardcore.

From past experiences, what type of accommodation have people found to be the best?

I did the teepee for 900 and if/when i go back I would do the same

Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    I did the teepee for 900 and if/when i go back I would do the same
    I did the Teepee 2 years ago and I totally agree. Especially coming from out of the country, having your site already set up is so nice.

Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    December
    3 - alt-J - Pageant

The scout tents are a lot bigger than they look. Enough room to stand up in.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Glad to know, I have been eyeing a teepee since last year and plan on getting one. You can have up to six people stay in a single teepee?

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

I'm going to try and get tickets for this. I think I'm going to try and get a spot in the Worthy View camping.

September 11 - Negură Bunget
    September 14 - GY!BE
    September 19 - Chelsea Wolfe
    September 20 - Titus Andronicus
    September 25 - Kraftwerk
    October 1 - The Zombies
    October 10 - The Sword& Kadavar
    October 13 - Autechre
    October 14 - Ghost
    November 4 - Puscifer
    November 7 - FFF/Mayhem/Watain/Rotting Christ
    November 13 - Housecore Horror Fest
    November 14 - Deafheaven
    March 24 - David Gilmour

Yeah the Worthy View accommodations look v. appealing.

The teepee's are pretty pricy eh? About $250/ person if you max out at the 6-person capacity. Although the convenience and the proximity to The Park stage might be worth the damage.

Wish I had opted for Glasto this year instead of Primavera since I ended up having to cancel the latter at the last minute. Lineup was so sweet, too. In any case, considering giving it one last go next year.
    8/4 DJ Windows 98 @ The Echo, 8/11 La Luz @ Echoplex, 8/20-23 Green Man Festival, 8/28 The Black Ryder @ The Roxy

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

I'd like to give it another go some day but I really struggle with the lineups. some years look amazing and other look awful, and I don't have much desire to gamble on it again. we won big in 2010.

This year's and 2011's were incredible. I feel like next year will be an off-year.
    8/4 DJ Windows 98 @ The Echo, 8/11 La Luz @ Echoplex, 8/20-23 Green Man Festival, 8/28 The Black Ryder @ The Roxy

I predict 2017 will be an off year.

September 14 - GY!BE
    September 25 - Kraftwerk
    October 1 - The Zombies
    October 13 - Autechre
    October 14 - Ghost
    November 4 - Puscifer
    November 14 - Deafheaven
    March 24 - David Gilmour

I thought 2011's lineup was appalling.

Off the top of my head... Radiohead, Pulp, Chemical Bros, Beyonce, Thom Yorke DJ set, Jarvis Cocker DJ set and set with Discodeine, janelle monae, multiple appearances from Warpaint and Emmy the Great, Paul Simon, TV on the radio, lykke li, esben & the witch, orbital at arcadia, queens of the stone age, little dragon, graham coxon? Yeah, appalling that it wont happen again.
    Last edited by Boourns; 09-15-2014 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CestLaVie View Post
    Yeah the Worthy View accommodations look v. appealing.

The teepee's are pretty pricy eh? About $250/ person if you max out at the 6-person capacity. Although the convenience and the proximity to The Park stage might be worth the damage.
    Proximity to the park stage is certainly a plus. Tend to get great sets there and there's a lot to see. Tempted to go the teepee route.

I'd like to spend more time exploring if I go, which I would have done if it weren't for the two emergency room visits last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Off the top of my head... Radiohead, Pulp, Chemical Bros, Beyonce, Thom Yorke DJ set, Jarvis Cocker DJ set and set with Discodeine, janelle monae, multiple appearances from Warpaint and Emmy the Great, Paul Simon, TV on the radio, lykke li, esben & the witch, orbital at arcadia, queens of the stone age, little dragon, graham coxon? Yeah, appalling that it wont happen again.
    several of those are festival whores. several more were secret sets. if they had been part of the official lineup I might have changed my tune. the lineup as it stood when it was annouced would have made me second guess going, if I had had tickets. fortunately I was able to just smirk about not having tickets instead.

Are The Stone Roses officially done? I know there were rumors but they never officially announced another split. I would love for them to play.

September 14 - GY!BE
    September 25 - Kraftwerk
    October 1 - The Zombies
    October 13 - Autechre
    October 14 - Ghost
    November 4 - Puscifer
    November 14 - Deafheaven
    March 24 - David Gilmour

I stayed at Worthy View. Quite a steep hill to get up at the end of the night/morning, but stayed pretty much mud free all weekend. Plus showers.
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    I stayed at Worthy View. Quite a steep hill to get up at the end of the night/morning, but stayed pretty much mud free all weekend. Plus showers.
    Sold.

Quote Originally Posted by CestLaVie View Post
    Sold.
    Just so you know, the teepees have showers too. But both options are good ones if you can afford it. Worthy view just involves a hill and i believe you have to leave the site (briefly) to get to it.

I've been eyeing worthy view since the tipis only come with a ground sheet. It looks at least like some WV options come with a cot/mat.

Quote Originally Posted by gam3g3ni3 View Post
    I've been eyeing worthy view since the tipis only come with a ground sheet. It looks at least like some WV options come with a cot/mat.
    Just so you know, you can purchase anything you need there. Air mattress, pillows, sleeping bag etc... We carried backpacking stuff in which worked well.

Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    Just so you know, you can purchase anything you need there. Air mattress, pillows, sleeping bag etc... We carried backpacking stuff in which worked well.
    Very good to know. If I can score tickets next week, I'll keep that in mind. 'Backpacking' is exactly the limit I would plan to take. As long as I can get pillows/sleeping bags and an air pad or two that's all I would need.

Maybe the tipi is the way to go then. Get the full experience.

yeah, we brought in our backpacks with a sleeping pad and bag and we were all set. Even had room for wine, whiskey and clothes for a week in Croatia afterwards. Here are some pics for ya.

massive inside, especially for just the two of us.

so here we are, all packed up in Bath, ready to hop on the bus.

ps. thanks for giving me an excuse to look back at the pics, it was truly an awesome time. Can't wait until we head back.

Great pics! Yeah we plan on doing a little medley around the UK if we get through next weekend. Out tentative plan, if we can score tickets, is go from Glastonbury ---> Scotland ---> Ireland. I've heard that going B&B hopping is the way to go. But if we can't score tickets then it's probably going to go Iceland ---> Norway ---> Scotland ---> Ireland.

Well, Coach tickets sold out. I was really hoping to get one because I have no idea how i'm going to get out there now.

September 14 - GY!BE
    September 25 - Kraftwerk
    October 1 - The Zombies
    October 13 - Autechre
    October 14 - Ghost
    November 4 - Puscifer
    November 14 - Deafheaven
    March 24 - David Gilmour

There are lots of coach options other than the ticket+coach fare that are available through National Express. They seem to be more expensive but they are locked in until the new year.
    Last edited by gam3g3ni3; 10-01-2014 at 12:20 PM.

I took the national express in 2009. The thing about coaches to remember is once the storage compartment gets full, they stop letting people on, so they move on to the next one. So expect queues and arrive to the station early.

There are only 15,000 coach tix out of 180,000. Definitely going next year. Sunday will be the usual trauma.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Well, Coach tickets sold out. I was really hoping to get one because I have no idea how i'm going to get out there now.
    youll have a lot of time to sort it out. Just get a ticket first.