Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OMD

Default Re: OMD

had free tickets to see them at irving plaza in nyc back in 2011 but my name got messed up on the guest list and i wasn't able to get in. talk about being pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

This setlist is a little disappointing. No Dreaming or Tesla Girls :/

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/orches...-2bd8f0ba.html

Are OMD considered cool in America? Over here they are considered cheesy 80s pop like the Culture Club. Can't believe people are getting excited about these lot. I even remember my mum liking them growing up.

Quote Originally Posted by darklands View Post
    Are OMD considered cool in America? Over here they are considered cheesy 80s pop like the Culture Club. Can't believe people are getting excited about these lot. I even remember my mum liking them growing up.
    For fans of John Hughes movies, and there are many in the U.S., "If You Leave" will always hold a spot in our hearts. I will be belting this song out unabashedly unashamed at the top of my lungs come next Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by footixy View Post
    Girl, you can pound your vagina so hard in those the Sahara will feel a new kind of drop...
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    ... Keep fucking that chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    This setlist is a little disappointing. No Dreaming or Tesla Girls :/

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/orches...-2bd8f0ba.html
    "Dreaming" would have been nice, but as long as they sing "If You Leave."
    Quote Originally Posted by footixy View Post
    Girl, you can pound your vagina so hard in those the Sahara will feel a new kind of drop...
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    ... Keep fucking that chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip

I saw them at the The Music Box
    Hollywood, CA
    Friday, March 25, 2011

It was a lot of fun. Great band & great audience. I would expect the same at Coachella, only at a larger scale. I look forward to seeing them again.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    I saw them at the The Music Box
    Hollywood, CA
    Friday, March 25, 2011

It was a lot of fun. Great band & great audience. I would expect the same at Coachella, only at a larger scale. I look forward to seeing them again.
    Last I saw them too GPS... that night would be hard to top, it was perfect. What a mindfuck having them listed so low on the poster and then scheduling them for 8:50. There goes my early departure.

New album is pretty good, I wouldn't mind hearing 2 or 3 from it esp this one
    Here's your EDM kids.

HOLY SHIT THEY SOUNDED GOOD!!! having never heard them live i was kinda expecting either a half ass performance or a very frail has-been one but wow, a very pleasant surprise. the crowd was soooo into it too. it seemed they were even taken aback by the crowd reaction
    Debbie Deb 2017 sahara headliner pls

Watching the webcast this one really stood out to me. Great performance , completely sold me for next week.

I don't know how many people were there bc I was in the front but they drew a quality crowd and OMD kept up the energy level. Too bad they didn't play So In Love

I knew I had to miss this to make it home at a reasonable hour, but watched the webcast and you have to give it up to McClusky for putting on a crowd pleasing show. I would be very happy if I could dance like that at 53! Good set, but I would have taken out "Forever Live and Die" for "So in Love".

only just now realized who they were. will be there for "if you leave" sorry to just go for the hit, but damn i grew up with that song

Fantastic set
    I love that band

Best set of Sunday by far, and I saw a ton of excellent stuff that day. Everyone was freaking out. My friends had no idea it was going to be that good.
    Heads exploded during Forever Live And Die.
    Week 2, don't skip this for anything!

I convinced my friends to come with me to this set and it ended up being one of their favorite sets that night. and mine too. It was such a fuckin party!

I was actually more impressed with their set than I was with New Order. NO almost felt as if they were simply going through the motions at times.
    I hope to someday die of spontaneous human combustion, and in my final moments, I want to give each and every one of you a hug.

That's how I felt about New Order and left during Blue Monday.
    OMD were the exact opposite and had every bit of the energy they had in the 80s. Fucking bananas.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    Best set of Sunday by far, and I saw a ton of excellent stuff that day. Everyone was freaking out. My friends had no idea it was going to be that good.
    Heads exploded during Forever Live And Die.
    Week 2, don't skip this for anything!
    100% correct. Except my head exploded during "Electricity."
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    Careful, while the threats are amusingly clueless, I could probably have this whole board shut down with one phone call.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    2. Migos- The new Beatles.

From Rolling Stone:

An unexpected success came from another group of English Eighties tastemakers, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark. The Sunday night set from the pioneering synth-pop duo – a clear influence on the Postal Service, who'd performed the day before – might have been the most shamelessly exuberant and festive happening at this edition of Coachella. OMD drove an audience comprised of both young and old wild with greed-decade faves like "If You Leave," the band's smash from the soundtrack of Pretty In Pink; the performance went to the next level, though, thanks to the infectious manic energy of frontman Andy McClusky, a walking encyclopedia of New Wave dance moves. "I'm 53 and I can still dance like that!," McCluskey marveled between songs after one particularly sweaty, dramatically angular workout.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...#ixzz2QdlV6LjD
    Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Could be my favorite set of the weekend. New Order was great to see but technically the set didn't sound as good, and it just wasn't the energy I would have hoped for. OMD killed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

I watched their set on the live stream and they were great! It was mostly their pop-ular stuff but still a great set and great energy even though there was a full on sand storm blowing through.

OMD weren't lumped in with the poppy culture club/duran thing in north america. they were played on modern rock/alternative radio and got lumped in with the alt rock/new wave scene like depeche mode.

i've seen them open for thompson twins and depeche mode in the 80's and they were always fun.

sadly, i missed them on the webcast.
    it's not the band i hate, it's their fans.

it's not the band i hate, it's their fans.

Amazing energetic set. In the 2013 Top 5 for me.

Kicking myself in the ass for missing this one.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I hadn't originally planned to catch this one as I was gonna do a Wu-Tang/RCHP split before Disclosure, but with the epic dust storm going on and the fact that I can check them both out next weekend, I decided to seek shelter in a tent and remebered they were on right at that moment. so glad the wind blew me into this set, one of the most fun thigs I saw all weekend. And they sounded great!
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1 & W2, 2013 W1 & W2, 2014 W1 & W2, 2015 W1 & W2, 2016 W1 & W2, 2017 W1 & W2,and SOON 2018 W1 & W2 !!

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Get over yourself you entitled bitch whore cunt ball.

Lurker

One of the best shows of the weekend. Great energy. Crowd was really into it! If you're on the fence about seeing them, go!

Best surprise of all. Don't miss them weekend 2.

Echoing some of the replies here, I left the Faint early to head over to Wu Tang, and stopped for a bit because Tesla Girls was sounding so good. They introduced the next song (Metroland?) with something along the lines of "We're gonna do something you're not supposed to do: play a new song, which nobody has heard, which is 7 minutes long... but it's great so just bounce along with us." And it was, and everyone did. I'm planning to see a lot more of their set weekend 2.
    4/17/11-T/R/L/P