Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Default Is there no Drake thread?

Cause this mixtape deserves him one.

If not him being a headliner doesn't.
    Voted Best Black Board Member 2010

Default Re: Is there no Drake thread?

A+ for grammar alone, all Drake thoughts aside
    Quote Originally Posted by svatomictwist View Post
    I spin in both directions, and I also dance in FRACTIONS.
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011!!!, 2012 (w1), 2013 (w2), 2014! (w2), 2015!! (w2)...

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post

What does this even mean
    My 4th Annual Coachelectro (Coachella 2015) Mix
    Featuring 80 Acts Playing The Fest This Year In Just An Hour + Free Download

https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...hella-2015-mix

It means fuck Drake, and all of his fans. Illiterate mother fucks with no brain power. Let's not discuss the fuck-up that is Drake closing the fest. Pure laziness and unimagined....
    Last edited by illeaglegallows; 02-13-2015 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by illeaglegallows View Post
    It means fuck Drake, and all of his fans. Illiterate mother fucks with no brain power. Let's not discuss the fuck-up that is Drake closing the fest. Pure laziness and unimagined....
    While they probably should have switched AC/DC and Drake, RHCP closing two years ago was worse. Arcade fire wasn't that great either. I'll be watching just to see who he brings out as guests.

Quote Originally Posted by hossss View Post
    I'll be watching just to see who he brings out as guests.
    I keep reading comments like this and it tells me all I need to know about Drake. If he's relying on guests to make his show memorable then I'm fine with skipping his set.

You sort of started one four years ago.

Also, I think it's pretty well established that this forum gives zero fucks about Drake.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Drake is that show that a bunch of people will go see and nobody will really talk about.

I think it will be entertaining, and depending on who else is playing I will probably stop by. One of the funnest shows ever was seeing 2 chainz on 4/20 AT 4:20 and I feel it will have a similar vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    You sort of started one four years ago.

Also, I think it's pretty well established that this forum gives zero fucks about Drake.
    Rumor has it 4-5 years ago I loved Drake and wouldn't shut up about it, only to later delete all of those posts in an effort to retain my cool factor.

5/22: Move D, Reaganz, Sassmouth @ Monarch
    5/28: Refused, White Lung @ GAMH
    5/29: Spoon @ The Fox Theater, Oakland
    5/29: Max Cooper EMERGENCE @ PW
    5/30: Neutral Milk Hotel @ Pappy & Harriet's
    6/2: Kiasmos ft. Olafur Arnalds, Rival Consoles @ The Independent
    6/6: Matthew Dear, Daniel Bortz @ Public Works
    6/12: Christian Loeffler @ TBA
    6/17: Clap Your Hands Say Yeah @ The Independent
    6/21: Underworld, Jungle @ The Hollywood Bowl
    6/25: Until the Ribbon Breaks @ The Rickshaw Stop

Question: does this Drake mixtape have a bunch of tracks that are "confessional" tales about sex and drugs, and a bunch of other tracks that are boasts about his career?

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Rumor has it 4-5 years ago I loved Drake and wouldn't shut up about it, only to later delete all of those posts in an effort to retain my cool factor.
    this would significantly lower your post count, and cred. paradox.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Oh right, shhhhhhhhhh.

I'm not going to see Drake....

But apparently, lots of people like him. Why didn't we get Daft Punk instead !?!?!?!

How many animals can you find in the 2015 Coachella lineup?

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

I like and look forward to seeing part of his set
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Lol at his new album/mixtape/whatever the hell it is cover. Looks like some ms paint meme.

I find the back and forth between Drake's creepy/needy/desperate/obsessive "love" songs and his fake "goon" mentality frustrating and annoying, but damn if he does not kill it when he ends up on anybody else's track. I've yet to get the appeal of his own music though. Will almost assuredly end up seeing it, however, given how light Sunday is for me and how much my brother and cousin love him (which is funny, given that my brother's #1 request was Jose Gonzalez) and if nothing truly exceptional is playing, I prefer to end the festival with my whole group. Am expecting it to be a big guest filled party but nothing more than that.

Don't expect any guests besides Wayne & Nicki. Maybe Partynextdoor and Weeknd. Anything else and you're fooling yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Corona89 View Post
    Lol at his new album/mixtape/whatever the hell it is cover. Looks like some ms paint meme.
    Yeah, but have you listened yet, Mike? I can dig it.

Don't expect any guests besides Wayne & Nicki. Maybe Partynextdoor and Weeknd. Anything else and you're fooling yourself.
    I'd be okay with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
    a cunt punt is always the best solution to cure someone of their bitchassness
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    What asshole brings an iPad to a hippie fire circle?

I'm listening to it now, and it's... not good. His rapping inflection is SO annoying, it seems really forced and like he's trying way too hard, the whole thing seems disingenuous and fake. Some people make the nasal rapping thing work for them, but he is not one of them. When the lineup was first announced I was surprised to find ONE Drake song that pleasantly surprised me, the rest have been so awful I'm not having any sort of hope for this set whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by svatomictwist View Post
    I spin in both directions, and I also dance in FRACTIONS.
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011!!!, 2012 (w1), 2013 (w2), 2014! (w2), 2015!! (w2)...

"COACHELLA GOING UP, ON A TUESDAYYYYYYYY"

Also, given their friendship, tracks together, and her previous Coachella attendance record, Rihanna has potential. Not to mention his own festival sets (blanking on the name but the one in Toronto) are very guest heavy, G-Unit and Lauryn Hill and whatnot.

Dude knows he won't be able to carry this on his own, and clearly has a chip on his shoulder in general.

If you're comparing a festival that he runs that usually only has 3 acts him being one to this you're a little off base. Those are meant to have guests because so many artists aren't usually in Toronto at one time. He's mentioned this many of times.

These are his first big NA festival headlining shows. He will make this about him cause it's his moment. He may show love to the people who got him here (Wayne & Nicki) or the people who are on his label (PND) or people who are just there (Weeknd). But if you're expecting Jay-Z, Kanye, Rihanna and are gonna waste 1 hour and half for it I'm trying to save you time. Word to the people who watched all of Kanye and only saw Justin Vernon & Pusha T.

I wish this thread was entitled, "Post a video of you dancing like Drake."

People need to stop hating and get with it!

fuckin' with the lights on

If you're comparing a festival that he runs that usually only has 3 acts him being one to this you're a little off base. Those are meant to have guests because so many artists aren't usually in Toronto at one time. He's mentioned this many of times.

These are his first big NA festival headlining shows. He will make this about him cause it's his moment. He may show love to the people who got him here (Wayne & Nicki) or the people who are on his label (PND) or people who are just there (Weeknd). But if you're expecting Jay-Z, Kanye, Rihanna and are gonna waste 1 hour and half for it I'm trying to save you time. Word to the people who watched all of Kanye and only saw Justin Vernon & Pusha T.
    Definitely not Kanye or Jay-Z. You don't think with two monster collaborations, though, and her frequent Coachella attendance (and having performed as a guest at somebody's set already, I think Calvin Harris) that Rihanna is at least worth batting around?

And frankly, even if Lil Wayne and Nicki Minaj are the only two guests, those are still fairly big names.

I'm sure I will be there, Sunday is really light for me with very few must sees (and the ones that are must sees I'm positive will not conflict) and a lot of my group loves Drake, so I doubt I'm missing it. I'm open to being surprised, but I think it will be a fun drunk party for me and not anything transcendent. His own music has just never done it for me, although I respect that lyrically the guy can get into beast mode when he wants to.

Also while both seem painfully insecure, there is a difference between Kanye insecurity and Drake insecurity that will lead to them approaching their first big festival show differently. But you're clearly the expert here (I don't mean that in a condescending way, I'm just only familiar with Drake's singles).
    Last edited by travelfan; 02-13-2015 at 11:53 AM.

Not to get into gossip but I don't even think those 2 are close. And yes Wayne and Nicki are big names but even if they aren't there he has more than enough solo material to hold his own show. He may not be everyone's cup of tea but he has tons and tons of songs to hold an 1hr30 to 2 hour set. And that's before the new album dropping in Spring.

Not to get into gossip but I don't even think those 2 are close. And yes Wayne and Nicki are big names but even if they aren't there he has more than enough solo material to hold his own show. He may not be everyone's cup of tea but he has tons and tons of songs to hold an 1hr30 to 2 hour set. And that's before the new album dropping in Spring.
    Oh totally. He has material for days and way more hits than people give him credit for. I actually think he's a deserving headliner unlike a lot of people (even though he's not my thing), and honestly feel like he's a great fit for Coachella (especially with the balanced headliners this year and his "Pitchfork" audience crossover). If I was a betting man, I would think Wayne/Nicki are almost guaranteed given the staggering number of collaborations and the fact that he absolutely owes his career to Wayne, and he and Nicki I think helped boost each others profiles quite a bit. And I also feel like he genuinely gets excited about breaking new artists, so I assume Weeknd/Partynextdoor/ILOVEMAKONNEN or something like that will go down. I just get the feeling like there will be guests, ample solo material or not, but not a Dre/Snoop level thing.

You're an asshole

Quote Originally Posted by hossss View Post
    While they probably should have switched AC/DC and Drake, RHCP closing two years ago was worse. Arcade fire wasn't that great either. I'll be watching just to see who he brings out as guests.
    You're an asshole

yes, you

Remember Kanye 2011, when he was supposed to bring out "mad guests" and it turned out that like Bonnie Bear and Pusha T were it? I wouldn't be surprised if Drake did something similar; from an ego standpoint, I would expect that the whole point of getting the big Coachella stage is to prove that you can handle the moment yourself.

If Drake is as forward thinking as his proponents claim him to be, he will see that the "guest stars!" thing totally played itself to the point of parody by the end of Coachella 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Remember Kanye 2011, when he was supposed to bring out "mad guests" and it turned out that like Bonnie Bear and Pusha T were it? I wouldn't be surprised if Drake did something similar; from an ego standpoint, I would expect that the whole point of getting the big Coachella stage is to prove that you can handle the moment yourself.

If Drake is as forward thinking as his proponents claim him to be, he will see that the "guest stars!" thing totally played itself to the point of parody by the end of Coachella 2014.
    Hell he was a guest at the smallest stage and it was barely talked about. That's why I think he's just going to make himself the main attraction.

I think the guest appearance influx since Dre and Snoop would suggest otherwise. J5 is the only rap set I can think of where a guest hasn't come out.