Thread: Steve Miller Band

Default Steve Miller Band

this would be great
    "why are you so annoying" TheKlein25

Default Re: Steve Miller Band

Yes it would. 4pm main stage Sunday
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Spamalot (7/31), HARD (8/1) 2001 Space Odyssey with LA Phil (8/12), Opeth (10/18), TOOL (10/31), Coachella 2016 (WK1), David Gilmour (Wherever I need to go)

Bumping this for next year. No real indication, but god damn this would be a fun show.

I saw them almost 20 years ago. Was a wreck.

Zero interest. This is Kaaboo stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

I'm a joker
    I'm a smoker
    I'm a boring stoner who writes shitty lazy soooooongs
    I play my music in the suuuuuuuuun

really? anyone seen them recently? I think they have some fun songs, not just Space Cowboy.

I miss when slowmotionapocalypse and rodgerramjet would post wishes for all the county fair dinos.
    6/26 Sunflower Bean @ Constellation Room, 7/3 Telecaves @ Non Plus Ultra, 7/7 Mitski @ The Echo, 7/22 Weird Al @ Hollywood Bowl, 7/28 Tokimonsta @ Hammer Museum, 8/3 Marissa Nadler @ The Echo, 8/4 Radiohead @ Shrine Auditorium, 8/7 Sufjan Stevens @ Hollywood Bowl, 8/27-28 FYF Fest, 9/24 Music Tastes Good, 9/25 Lush @ Fonda

Have seen them recently as they play the local amphitheater here every year for cheap. They were fucking awful and played an alternate version of Space Cowboy just to rub it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Wu-financial View Post
    Have seen them recently as they play the local amphitheater here every year for cheap. They were fucking awful and played an alternate version of Space Cowboy just to rub it in.
    Alright. Then never mind. Just listened to their greatest hits, which I didn't know I had on my iPod, and was kinda like "this could be a fun mid afternoon slot show." Guess I was wrong.

When you guys talk about "Space Cowboy" (which goes "I'm a spaaaaace cowboy/bet you weren't ready for that" and is the much better song) do you really mean "The Joker" (which is the one that goes "some people call me the space cowboy/some call me the gangster of love" and isn't as good)?

Quote Originally Posted by gazercmh View Post
    When you guys talk about "Space Cowboy" (which goes "I'm a spaaaaace cowboy/bet you weren't ready for that" and is the much better song) do you really mean "The Joker" (which is the one that goes "some people call me the space cowboy/some call me the gangster of love" and isn't as good)?
    Yeah, I meant The Joker. Like I said, I stumbled across their greatest hits on my iPod which I didn't know I had. not a huge fan of the band, was just jamming out.