Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IAMX 2013

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Default Re: IAMX 2013

I'm sure everyone who paid to watch is thrilled it is now available for free.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    I'm sure everyone who paid to watch is thrilled it is now available for free.
    The fact that Stageit announces these are exclusive are will never be broadcast anywhere is such a joke. It's as impossible as stopping leaks from happening. While I'm sure there are those that are pissed because they paid, there's just as many (or at least enough) fans that do pay for the privilege to see it first and directly support him. Look at the pay-per-view market. I know it's sports vs concert, but it's as close a comparison I can think of.

The latest news is that he is doing a residency at the Complex in Glendale, CA every Sunday in October. 10/5, 10/12, 10/19, 10/26. I'm in Mexico on 10/5, but will be all smiles during shows 2, 3 and 4. If anyone is coming out to these, let me know. There will be a few boardies there on the 19th.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    3/9 Japandroids @ Fonda - 3/10 STRFKR @ Observatory - 3/11 VIVA PHX - 3/25 Electric Guest @ Teragram - 4/7 Classixx @ Fonda - 4/8 Foxygen @ Fonda - 4/9 Chairlift @ Echoplex

I can't make the shows. I live up north (Sacramento) and will be traveling out of the country for three of those four weekends. But I have a co-worker coming down for a couple of the shows. I hope to see him in 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    I'd rather see my own gruesome rape and subsequent beheading than see Rammstein.

IAMX has been added as the opener for Gary Numan at the Glasshouse on Thursday 10/23. Great place to catch him if you missed out on tickets to the residency shows.
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    3/9 Japandroids @ Fonda - 3/10 STRFKR @ Observatory - 3/11 VIVA PHX - 3/25 Electric Guest @ Teragram - 4/7 Classixx @ Fonda - 4/8 Foxygen @ Fonda - 4/9 Chairlift @ Echoplex

Gary Numan + I MAX at the glass house sounds fucking amazing. Super jelly about that happening. Have you gone to all of these shows Jorge? Has regina? spector what's her face come out as a guest ?
    Translation

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    Not going to change the fact that you’re an idiot.

I was in Mexico during night 1 of the residency, but Thomas and James went and sent me a couple of vids. It was supposed to be different set lists each night, but turns out Night 2 had the same setlist as Night 1. I'm hoping he changes a few songs this coming Sunday. I'm going nights 3 and 4 and definitely not missing the Glasshouse show.

Next time he plays SF we'll go together =o)

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

surely there must be something more interesting than the fact that the first two nights had the same set list.

He doesn't have a full band right now, just him and Janine. The Complex is VERY tiny, but he did have his full video display (3 screens on stage). The best parts were the rare songs he played:

Full set list

I Come With Knives
    The Alternative
    Mercy (not played in years!)
    Volatile Times
    Bernadette
    This Will Make You Love Again (also not played in years and extended into a live remix version to dance to)
    You Can Be Happy (favorite non-single from VT)
    Your Joy Is My Low (hasn't been played since the 2nd album tour)
    President (for some reason the goths went crazy for this)
    Spit It Out
    Missile (giant sing along)
    Sorrow

I really feel like he could have made it dirtier and left out some of the staples (Alternative/Spit It Out) for some more deep cuts. We'll see what he plays these next 3 shows. He asked online what we wanted, I said Bring Me Back a Dog, Cold Red Light, After Every Party I Die and Great Shipwreck of Life.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

For a first time, it was a really amazing show. Thanks so much Jorge!
    last.fm
    8/7/16 - Sufjan Stevens @ Hollywood Bowl // 8/8/16 - Radiohead @ Shrine // 8/8/16 - Boris @ Regent
    9/14/16 - Wilco @ Theatre at Ace Hotel // 9/18/16 - Kraftwerk @ Hollywood Bowl

He added "I Am Terrified" for last night's set. Still a great show, but kinda sad that he didn't change the set list more since that's how it was specifically advertised. Seeing him on Thursday opening for Gary will be interesting, hopefully it's longer than 45 minutes or whatever time the opener gets.

IAMX playing a "Winter Formal" on Saturday 12/27 at the Complex in Glendale.

Also 12/31 @ Slims in San Francisco

I hope these are full band performances.

New IAMX album drive up on PledgeMusic

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/iamxmusic

So I really need to find someone to either split the $2K listening party (only 9 left!) or I'm going to start a kickstarter to fund me going to it. I have 60 days to decide if I'm doing this or eating in 2015.

IAMX6 titled Metanoia

Fall 2015 tour - official announcement coming Tuesday June 16, onsale dates on Friday June 19. Here's what the Internet has revealed early.

Oct 6 - Santa Ana, CA - Observatory
    Oct 23 - Toronto, ON - Lee's Palace
    2004-2005-2006-2008-2012b-2013a-2014a-2016a-2017a

IAMXHappiness.jpg

Good thing I have vacation time saved up, I'm definitely going to a few of these. I just hope an LA date doesn't pop up after Santa Ana on 10/8, same night as Garbage at the Greek.

METANOIA TOUR

Oct 6 - Santa Ana, CA - Constellation Room (~200)
    Oct 7 - San Diego, CA - Casbah (220)
    Oct 9 - Los Angeles, CA - Fonda Theater (1,200)
    Oct 10 - San Francisco, CA - Great American Music Hall (600)
    Oct 12 - Portland, OR - Wonder Ballroom (778)
    Oct 13 - Seattle, WA - Neumo's (650)
    Oct 16 - Salt Lake City, UT - Urban Lounge (400)
    Oct 17 - Denver, CO - Marquis Theater (500)
    Oct 19 - Minneapolis, MN - Varsity Theater (962)
    Oct 20 - Chicago, IL - Bottom Lounge (700)
    Oct 22 - Detroit, MI - The Shelter (226)
    Oct 23 - Toronto, ON - Lee's Palace (550)
    Oct 24 - Montreal, QC - Virgin Mobile Corona Theater (753)
    Oct 26 - Boston, MA - Brighton Music Hall (476)
    Oct 27 - Philadelphia, PA - Underground Arts (600)
    Oct 29 - Washington, DC - U Street Music Hall (500)
    Oct 30 - New York, NY - Webster Hall (1,500)

http://www.reybee.com/iamx/615/
    Last edited by microcuts; 06-18-2015 at 07:10 AM.

In for the first 3. Can't do SF this time (first IAMX show I've missed in SF since ever....).

Have to try for a combination of either Minneapolis/Chicago/Detroit or Philly/DC/NYC. Time to start some planning. Need those European dates.

Definitely doing Detroit, mayyyybe Toronto but unlikely. So happy for these dates, really bad for anyone in the south though. WTF? Not even Atlanta. That's a bummer.

Between Garbage's show, and waking up today to see this and also grab Sleater-Kinney tickets, it has been a great last few days for upcoming Detroit area shows.
    Last edited by microcuts; 06-16-2015 at 09:58 AM.

How far are you from Detroit and how far is it from there to the surrounding dates (Minneapolis, Chicago, Toronto?). I'm sure I could google, but so much nicer hearing from someone in the area. If I did that run of dates, I'm sure I'd have to rent a car.

Doing Philly, DC, NYC I can take Megabus and do public transit while in each city. grrrr.choices.

I'm about an hour and a half from Detroit. Toronto and Chicago are almost about the same distance from me, customs can kind of make that questionable though. Probably a good 4 hours from Detroit. Minneapolis would be probably another 6-7 hours, and an insanely boring drive through Wisconsin. My friend in Minny says the Varsity is amazing though.

The Detroit venue is a total dump (basement club underneath St Andrews - even the venue entrance is in a shoddy alleyway occupied by homeless people), but Chris is going to own it. I think the setting will be perfect actually lol.
    Last edited by microcuts; 06-16-2015 at 01:40 PM.

I usually take the Amtrak to Chicago since it's so cheap ($25 a ticket last time I rode it) but I'm really not sure if that would be feasible for doing a run of shows vs. renting a car, especially if international travel was involved. The drives aren't really all that bad at all, just MN to CHI is pretty long and boring.

Days off submitted. If I find a really cheap airfare, i'll do a turnaround trip for 1 show in Chicago or 1 show in Detroit, but I'm going to concentrate on doing Philly/DC/NYC. Megabus from Philly to DC is $25 and from DC to NYC is $27. Plus Halloween in NYC the day after the Webster Hall show will be fun.

New single "Happiness"

IAMX announced that the October tour will be with a full band. Excited. Time off work confirmed for 10/27 to 11/3. Just booked my flight from LAX to PHL and got a $1 Megabus from PHL to DC. Gotta figure out my bus time from DC to NYC and my return flight, and NY accommodations but I have to wait until my next paycheck for that. Local friends are hosting me in Philly and DC, this is going to be so much fun. I hope to hear some more new songs soon.

Nice, Jorge. I will be out of the country for much of October, so I'm going to miss most of the tour. Otherwise, I'd be all over that 10/10 show in SF.
    I'd rather see my own gruesome rape and subsequent beheading than see Rammstein.

Happy about the full band again. While I enjoyed the Complex shows, it just wasn't the same without the full band.

Thoughts on the new album? Tour kickoff tomorrow night. So excited for the shows this week.

I like about half of the new album, but I think it will probably translate better live. Regardless, so excited for Friday!

17 song set list last night and they played for an hour and 50 minutes. I could not stop dancing and sweating my ass off. Chris brought some tracks out of retirement, here's the set list

I Come With Knives
    The Alternative
    Happiness (new song)
    Mercy
    No Maker Made Me (new song)
    Volatile Times (I call it the live "trap" version that somehow works for Chris
    Tear Garden (3 drummer action on this, crowd went wild)
    Oh Cruel Darkness Embrace Me (new song)
    Spit It Out (new arrangement, Sammi, Janine and Chris harmonizing the intro...all the feels on this)
    Bernadette
    Surrender (new song)
    After Every Party I Die
    Aphrodisiac (new song...probably my favorite on the album, it's so funky and kinda hilarious how high he sings this, I almost feel like he made this as a joke)
    Your Joy Is My Low
    ENCORE
    Bring Me Back a Dog
    Kiss and Swallow
    I Am Terrified

Tons of new merch: a hoodie, 3 new tshirt desgins, buttons, stickers, patches, a tote bag, 2 necklaces and his entire back catalog on CD (no vinyl though...apparently there's a delay at the manufacturer).

Very nice setlist!! I'll have to check that hoodie out in Detroit.

Outstanding! I'm out of the country, or else I'd be at the SF show.