RFTC's website says pretty clearly "We are not playing the Indio Date festival", which is probably a poke at Coachella. Or they could be masters of sarcasm and actually end up playing. I guess we'll see in... how long...? I'd expect teasers to start coming pretty soon.
1/10: Mister Lies/Matthewdavid
The Underachievers confirmed playing Coachella through their twitter.
FridayModest Mouse, Passion Pit, Of Monsters and Men, Earl Sweatshirt, Aesop Rock, The Neighborhood
The XX, Phoenix, Grizzly Bear, Violent Femmes, Two Door Cinema Club
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Vampire Weekend, Grimes, Unicorn Kid, Wu-Tang Clan
the more important thing about monklish's list is if any names were dropped.
http://www.datefest.org/ which is a clever way of confirming a Coachella appearance.
2. Fake Posters (Where 90% of Paulb's posts will reside)
3. Is (fill in the blank) Big Enough to Headline?
4. RotationSlimAnus Subtly Explains His Tourette's To Newbs
5. What Stage and Time Slot Would (Fill in the blank) Play? (were 90% of concertgoers posts will reside)
6. Zafocaine Writes Paragraphs About Stuff
7. The Bjork Thread
8. MotorAve Lists Bands Who Either Will Or Won't Be On The Lineup And Regulars Cry About It
9. Guess Three Headliners So You Can Quote It Later If You Are Right And Claim To Know More Than Monklish
10. Nick5745 Awkwardly Hits On Men In Their 30s.
Skrillex 2013 tour dates:
1/24/13 – Montreal, Canada
4/12/13-4/21/13 POLO FIELD-SIZED GAP
7/12/13 - Montreal, Canada
7/13/13 - Toronto, Canada
7/17/13 - Winnipeg, Canada
7/19/13 - Calgary, Canada
7/21/13 - Vancouver, Canada
That would be a fucking wet dream right there
UNKLE sounds...interesting. Didnt know they were coming back around. Last album kinda flopped. And Shadow is clubbing by himself.
9/14 - Lauryn Hill - Greek Theater
9/20 - Empire of the Sun - Hollywood Bowl
9/25 - Kanye West - Hollywood Bowl
9/25 - Daniel Avery - Lot 613
9/29 - Disclosure - The Coliseum
10/2 - Dirtybird Campout
10/9 - CRSSD Festival
10/15 - Autechre - Fonda Theater
10/18 - Hudson Mohawke - Fonda Theater
Macklemore will not be playing this years fest..
07/28 Jamie XX
08/1-2 Hard Summer
08/7 Echo & the Bunnymen
08/12 Deep Purple
08/13 Jesus & Mary Chain
08/20 Bloc Party
08/22-23 FYF Fest
10/22 Skylar Spence (Saint Pepsi) & Kero Kero Bonito
so what username is Monklish using in this thread now
What a horribly long signature. Most of those shows are long past.
betting on Stones/Bowie/Outkast
Im hoping for NIN/Bowie/Outkast
What about Titus Andronicus? is there a reason no one is talking about this possibility?