What's next, retina scans to get inside the Sahara? Microchips for the Mojave?
Forget Heineken. These are the puppies I'll be keeping cold...
Is there any information on the this site about this? I can't find any.
Interesting idea and im sure plenty of people will take advantage of it, but I'm far too mistrustful and paranoid about the real intentions these big companies have when they offer "free" stuff like this. My fingerprints? No thanks.
It will be interesting to see how much beer they will be able to accomodate, seems like it will be really awesome or just another line to wait in.
BUMP... Has anyone from week1 tried this???
Never found the damn thing or I would've tried it out... we were parked @lot14d which was a helluva walk to get beer at sundown each day... I'm anxious to hear how it worked out from people who got a chance to use it too
"conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"
It was right next to the general store, and looked to be a complete joke and failure.
My group and I stopped by in the morning because we didn't know what it was. The staff was like you can't be in here and asked us to leave. Now seeing what it was it may have been too early and they might not have been open yet. Didn't explain what it was for and at the time seemed to take up decent real estate. A sign outside explaining what it was for could have been helpful. We ended up thinking it was where Heineken staff members went to keep cool because the only thing that appeared to be staying cool in there was also being paid to work there.
Went W2 and this place was amazing. Not only did they have amazing fans blowing while you waiting in just a 2 minute line but they'd bring back your Heine's freezing cold. We took in a case each day and never waited more than 5 minutes to check in and out.
I only knew about it because a friend who works for Heineken told me about it. It definitely came in handy this past weekend. You check your beers and then check out however many you wanted. We would do it by the case as well and the dome provided a nice respite from the heat. It was only convenient if you were located near the dome itself, otherwise, it might have been a pain in the ass.
Bring this back in 2013 please. So much easier than bringing dry ice or buying bag after bag of ice from the General Store.
Any more reports on this from last year? Do they only allow you to store Heineken? Was there a limit on how many you could store?
I too would like more info on how this worked.
HIENY.jpg I GOT THIS NOT SURE GUESS I DONT HAVE TO WAIT IN LINE ????
got that from where?
HEINEKEN POSTED ON THERE FACEBOOK FIRST 100 PEOPLE TO REGISTER AT EVENTBRITE GET A FREE PASS http://heinekencoldstorage.eventbrite.com/
Keep your beer safe and cold at Coachella free of charge, courtesy of Heineken Cold Storage. Simply register on-site with your name and fingerprint, drop off up to two cases of Heineken or Heineken Light cans, and come back when you and your friends are ready to enjoy another cold Heineken.
• Cold Storage is only open to campers 21 years and older.
• Must provide a valid photo ID.
• One ticket allowed per person, which secures a space in Cold Storage for up to two cases of Heineken or Heineken Light cans. Only aluminum cans are allowed on the campgrounds and will be accepted at Cold Storage.
• The first 100 spaces are open for pre-registration, and the remaining spaces are first come, first served at Cold Storage.
• Hours of operating are as follows:
– Thursday at 12pm - Friday 2am
– Friday 8am - Saturday 2am
– Saturday 8am - Sunday 2am
– Sunday 8am - Monday 2am
• After you register for your ticket, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of Heineken Cold Storage.
• Your e-ticket(s) will be attached to your order confirmation email. Important: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder.
• Print out your ticket to bring to the Cold Storage tent at Coachella OR go green and download the Eventbrite app on your smartphone.
• If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, click here to access the help center.
• If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact us. For non-technical ticketing questions and general festival info, click here.
• Need to view or update the information on your order? Click here for instructions.
That went quick. I think I'm gonna try this when I get there, drop off a case just to have easy access to beers while hanging out in the main hub of the campgrounds. Sure beats walking back and forth filling pockets with as many beers as possible.
This worked out perfect for me last year in the campground, hopefully it's back again.
Don't you think it's a really dumb idea as someone working for an official vendor to be calling clients names?
2/13/16 - Black Sabbath @ Mandalay Bay Events Center 2/25/16 - Carly Rae Jepson @ Fonda 3/18/16 - Clint Mansell @ Theater at Ace Hotel //
3/19/16 - Blanck Mass @ Resident // 3/25/16 - Joanna Newsom @ Orpheum // 3/26/16 - Greg Dulli @ Teragram Ballroom //4/7/16- Basement/Turnstile/Defeater/Colleen Green @ Echoplex
4/13/16 - Underworld @ Fox Theater // 5/7/16 - Napalm Death/Melvins/Melt Banana @ Troubadour // 6/1/16 - At The Drive In @ Palladium