Page 1 of 14 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: G n R

Default Re: G n R

Cool story

Oh, is it this time of year again?
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyInHeaven View Post
    Devin - how does it feel to know that there are still more women in the world that would fuck me at this very moment than would fuck you?

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

GREAT POST ASSWIPE
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

ugh
    Last edited by porkappa; 12-31-2015 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by porkappa View Post
    You know there are over 100 other bands to see over the course of the weekend, right?

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    GREAT POST ASSWIPE
    Well, you're a very sexy girl that's very hard to please...

Quote Originally Posted by porkappa View Post
    That's some fuckboy shit

A+ thread. Great job. Keep em coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

Never understood the petition to get someone off a festival lineup. In what world does someone feel that level of entitlement? If you don't like it, either don't see them at the festival or don't attend the festival altogether.

I hate people. They're the worst.

Nothin' lasts forever and we both know hearts can change...

http://www.alternativenation.net/gun...ure-8-members/

Mitch Lafon is reporting that the Guns N’ Roses reunion lineup will feature Axl Rose, Slash, Duff McKagan, Dave Kushner, Richard Fortus, Frank Ferrer, Dizzy Reed, and Chris Pitman. Kushner, Velvet Revolver’s rhythm guitarist, is a new name that hadn’t previously been linked to any Guns N’ Roses 2016 rumors. Kushner teased the possibility of joining the band a few days ago, but most of his tweets seemed fairly light hearted.

Chris Pitman has seemingly confirmed his involvement by updating his Twitter to say ‘Member of Guns N’ Roses, 1998 to present.’ Lafon broke the news of GNR’s reunion being announced on Jimmy Kimmel Live.
    It's funny how everything was roses when we held on to the guns.

Kimmel event is cancelled. They need to have Izzy involved. Ugh.
    @cloneradio

Coachella '10, '11, '12 Weekend 1, '13 Weekend 1, '14 Weekend 1, '15 Weekend 1, '16 Weekend 1, '17 Weekend 1
    Lollapalooza '08, '12, '13, '15
    Bonnaroo '13, '14
    Riot Fest Chicago '14, '15, 16'
    Governor's Ball '14, '15
    Made In America '12, '13
    WayHome '15, '16
    Osheaga '14, 16'
    Sarsfest' 03
    Amnesia Rockfest '15
    Rock Am Ring '06
    Download Festival '06
    Novarock '06
    Rock The Bells '07
    Orion Festival '12
    Laneway Detroit '13

Can someone please explain to me what exactly is the benefit for GV booking this? From a purely business perspective of course. They are clearly the most expensive act on the poster, and most likely by a nice margin, even though Calvin is expensive and I'm sure LCD is getting a big payday. However, they are dropping all this dough for a reunion, that let's be honest, the general public does not care about at all. There is zero buzz about this among the younger 20something crowd that Coachella caters to. What exactly is the thinking here? A huge reunion is obviously what Coachella is always after, but GnR? I mean, I like them, and will be at the set, but I'm still curious.

Same thing that they were thinking when they booked Blur, Pulp, Stone Roses, Pavement, Faith No More. We want great bands to play our fest. And GNR is one of the great bands. This is one of the biggest reunions in rock n roll in the past 20 years, but I am biased because I am a huge fan of GNR. Saw them 3 times with the 90's lineup. The kids might not be talking about it but that could also be because the kids are idiots and have no clue. I think if they knew anything about what a force in music GNR was back in the day they would appreciate what is happening on the polo fields this year. I think Axl has tarnished the GNR name/brand over the years unfortunately, which probably is a huge reason as to why people feel less than stellar over this reunion.

To most kids of the 90's like myself, this is a major reunion. Up there with Pink Floyd at Live 8. For Goldenvoice to be the ones to bring them to the public (not that the band wasn't going to play elsewhere) but to be the first place to announce the return of this band is a major achievement, especially with the unknown looming over what it actually will be like, or if it will actually take place and all of those things that made this band famous to begin with.

Also, if there was no leak of this announcement a few weeks ago, people would be going apeshit right now.
    Last edited by shotglass75; 01-05-2016 at 09:39 AM.

I love GnR but Axl is completely fucking shot. I am not a fan of seeing rock bands where the lead singer's voice is completely gone. That's really my only concern with this booking. If I thought it would actually be a good show, it would be a big deal. People are shrugging this off for that exact reason, in my mind at least. Literally nobody has any faith in Axl as a performer.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by igotmyxomatosis View Post
    Can someone please explain to me what exactly is the benefit for GV booking this? From a purely business perspective of course. They are clearly the most expensive act on the poster, and most likely by a nice margin, even though Calvin is expensive and I'm sure LCD is getting a big payday. However, they are dropping all this dough for a reunion, that let's be honest, the general public does not care about at all. There is zero buzz about this among the younger 20something crowd that Coachella caters to. What exactly is the thinking here? A huge reunion is obviously what Coachella is always after, but GnR? I mean, I like them, and will be at the set, but I'm still curious.
    AEG might be using Coachella to promote the 25 date GNR stadium tour. Giving those under 35-40 a reason to care.

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    Same thing that they were thinking when they booked Blur, Pulp, Stone Roses, Pavement, Faith No More. We want great bands to play our fest. And GNR is one of the great bands.
    It's more than that. AEG/GV have to maintain their "prestige" of being neck and neck with Glasto for the biggest/best music festival in the world. AEG also want to be considered as equals with Live nation when it comes to promoting shows and negotiating major tours in the future.

It also crossed my mind that Tovar/Tollett privately hated the direction that the festival was going in and wanted to make a bold "Rock" booking. I've seen the 80 year old Eavis say he helps book the Glastonbury headliners and a couple legacy acts and leaves the rest of the lineup to others.

old school

I love GnR but Axl is completely fucking shot. I am not a fan of seeing rock bands where the lead singer's voice is completely gone. That's really my only concern with this booking. If I thought it would actually be a good show, it would be a big deal. People are shrugging this off for that exact reason, in my mind at least. Literally nobody has any faith in Axl as a performer.
    Axl is still capable of singing well. When he wants to and when he's in shape.

You make it sound like it will be Bob Dylan or Ian Anderson(Jethro Tull) fronting GNR.

The Kimmel cancellation could be a sign of things to come. I could see Weekend 1 starting late, no-showing or at very least not being 100% on point (a la Outkast). Then after AEG threatens to blow up the whole tour maybe Axl pulls it together for Weekend 2. Or not.

I hope Paul T has Bowie on speed dial.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a, 2016a, 2017a

I could see Ice Cube's second-billing becoming a full-on headlining N.W.A. reunion if GnR falls apart.
    Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band - LA Sports Arena, March 17
    Coachella - Empire Polo Field, April 15-17
    Adele - AccorHotels Arena, June 10
    Glastonbury - Worthy Farm, June 22-26

Quote Originally Posted by InDaGreen View Post
    I could see Ice Cube's second-billing becoming a full-on headlining N.W.A. reunion if GnR falls apart.
    EAZY-E Hologram? I'm down for that
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceArthur32 View Post
    what happens if someone makes a masturbation while i dancing so fast?
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Ohh are you laughing Lithium??! You are soooo cool. You know so much more than everyone else don't you? Nerd.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbellingham View Post
    Thanks for your comment, Major Asshole (Lithium )
    Quote Originally Posted by mb1234 View Post
    Why is this Lithium guy so pissy about everything

I hope they play their full 2.5-3 hour set!

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Axl is still capable of singing well. When he wants to and when he's in shape.

You make it sound like it will be Bob Dylan or Ian Anderson(Jethro Tull) fronting GNR.
    Any links to a performance that shows this? All I'm seeing is recent stuff that just makes me painfully wince.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Waxlrose View Post
    I hope they play their full 2.5-3 hour set!
    Watch the official Tokyo 1992 DVD and you will see those 3 hour shows have an hour of total filler.

Make it 100-120 minutes of all killer, no filler at Coachella.

Plus Coachella haven't given a headliner more than 2 hours since McCartney. I'd be more worried about "only" getting a 2 hour LCD Soundsystem show.

old school

Any links to a performance that shows this? All I'm seeing is recent stuff that just makes me painfully wince.

Japan 2009 had some good stuff. Axl handling the high stuff with ease and little of the "shrill" Axl that other audiences have got on recent tours.
    Last edited by Bumblebee; 01-07-2016 at 09:40 PM.

old school

Here's some more high stuff that AXL has been singing right up to the most recent shows he's done.

GnR reunion is fuckin huge people! This will be just as amazing as Paul McCartney, Roger Waters and Prince. There was a time when these dudes were fucking kings for all the right reasons. Fucking Slash is held right up there next to Jimi Hendrix and Jimmy Page, he's a god damn living legend. God, I have to get out to weekend two.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fuzz View Post
    GnR reunion is fuckin huge people! This will be just as amazing as Paul McCartney, Roger Waters and Prince. There was a time when these dudes were fucking kings for all the right reasons. Fucking Slash is held right up there next to Jimi Hendrix and Jimmy Page, he's a god damn living legend. God, I have to get out to weekend two.
    My brotha!!!