Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Madeon

Default Re: Madeon

The Sahara is never my main priority at Coachella, but made it in for the first 3/4 of his set and it was so much fun.
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1 & W2, 2013 W1 & W2, 2014 W1 & W2, 2015 W1 & W2 and SOON 2016 W1 & W2!!

I was very surprised at his mixes. They were poppy but still somewhat fresh. Lots of dancing and good way to kick off the festival.

if the set times stay the same, I highly recommend madeon into alesso. they both owned.

Madeon crushed Friday, was easily one of the top 3 sets of my weekend. Turns out he was in Phoenix the following night, where a bunch of my friends caught him too. His transitions, sample choices, and the way he hooks a crowd in with his infectious beats spoke to experience well beyond his years.

If he keeps his head on straight, he's going to be huge. Bigger than Justice huge

Lurker

Madeon was easily one of the most fun and i guess fresh sets for me having never heard any of his material other than Pop Culture and a couple other mixes. Great visuals and Sahara went off for this kid, definitely has potential. Dont think he conflicts with much so def go see if you are into it

Bumping this thread as I haven't seen a Madeon 2015 thread yet.. I enjoyed what I saw of him in 2012, so I may try to check him out this year too, one of the only Sahara acts I'm interested in. Plus, he just released this awesome browser sampler thing called Madeon's Adventure Machine, and the sounds that come out of it are.. verrrry nice
    Quote Originally Posted by svatomictwist View Post
    I spin in both directions, and I also dance in FRACTIONS.
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011!!!, 2012 (w1), 2013 (w2), 2014! (w2), 2015!! (w2)...

Everyone's a Photographer

^This. I love this track

Yeah I might just brave the sahara for this dude. His new stuff is pretty fun

I usually find one act on the lineup that I will check out in the Sahara for the weekend (2014-Big Gigantic, 2013-Eric Prydz, 2012-Madeon) just so I can can see what that tent looks like every year. But one set for the entire weekend is plenty for me. Looks like it'll be Madeon again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TrigoLoc View Post
    here's a video of his live performance, apparently this is his second ever live performance and this video is only from August 2011. this set at coachella could really be huge for him

This is a must see...........

Got backstage at his 2011 SnowGlobe set. He puts on a killer show, lots of up beat music that makes you want to dance. I know I'm not missing this one.

Quote Originally Posted by electrocute View Post
    Bumping this thread as I haven't seen a Madeon 2015 thread yet.. I enjoyed what I saw of him in 2012, so I may try to check him out this year too, one of the only Sahara acts I'm interested in. Plus, he just released this awesome browser sampler thing called Madeon's Adventure Machine, and the sounds that come out of it are.. verrrry nice
    All the buttons are now unlocked! And I thought this thing was fun before...

You can stream his NEW album for FREE in full on iTunes

Quote Originally Posted by nevilledevil78 View Post
    This is a must see...........
    hehe, live? barely used his trigger pads. What is that, Native instruments? There are guys who can kill it live. This dude isn't even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Dollardude View Post
    hehe, live? barely used his trigger pads. What is that, Native instruments? There are guys who can kill it live. This dude isn't even close.
    Have you seen him live? Any of his sets?

Madeon played in the Sahara in 2012 I think. Definitely nothing special. I don't know how his name made it so far up on the bill. Besides his remix of Blur's "Song 2", the set was lacking
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Spamalot (7/31), HARD (8/1) 2001 Space Odyssey with LA Phil (8/12), Opeth (10/18), TOOL (10/31), Coachella 2016 (WK1), David Gilmour (Wherever I need to go)

Quote Originally Posted by powmow View Post
    Super pumped for this!

I hope he utilises the pad a bit more than SXSW by the sound of it though...
    Lol. Him using the pads is a gimmick. No point in trying be someone your not.

I've seen him 4 times and loved it every time. His new show is going to be even better, and Adventure is REALLY good.

This new 'live' video of You're On just got posted
    http://www.popjustice.com/briefing/m...-video/134780/

I think Adventure just came out. I'm downloading it this very second. Can't wait to hear it!

Listening to Adventure now and loving it!! Getting me really excited for his set. Over the past few months I've been fearing that Sunday night would be terrible/not have anything I cared about, but more and more I'm coming to really like the Sunday lineup.
    Quote Originally Posted by svatomictwist View Post
    I spin in both directions, and I also dance in FRACTIONS.
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011!!!, 2012 (w1), 2013 (w2), 2014! (w2), 2015!! (w2)...