Best set of the second day! Blistering, fukin old dudes turning in hit after hit. The pit was crazy! I lasted probably till 2/3rds the way in before I literally wasn't able to catch my breath. Shoes flying everywhere. Orgasm Addict felt like a mini-riot. I've seen some good Coachella crowd responses in the past (Refused the night before, for example). But this show was the most fun I think I've ever had at Coachella- good job all! Oh, and to the blonde girl I was furiously jumping up and down on periodically when I rested from the pit at the front- sorry about that. I should have at least gotten your name!
Also, I have never done the autograph thing... till yesterday! I bought 4 of the small Orgasm Addict stickers from the merch booth. Then I had each member of the Buzzcocks sign one. Now I'll get all four framed on board! (when Pete asked what I was doing he said "ah, I see what you're up to... good idea!" Then I gushed like a freakin school boy and told him I thought he was the most awesomest thing since the beginning of awesome.
/lil embarassed today
Teenage Fanclub| A Perfect Circle| A Perfect Circle| Sigur Rós| A Perfect Circle| Flaming Lips| JAMC| U2| U2| Midnight Oil| Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds| Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds| FYF| Elbow
This was a really fun set. I had never seen the Buzzcocks so I was pleasantly surprised by how many songs I knew.
Now, I rarely use the video feature on my camera, but I was cracking up over the Slam Pit -- er, I mean, Mosh Pit having started out farther away from us and was now suddenly much closer. So I attempted to record it. I apologize for the poor quality and brief clips, but maybe some of you will spot yourselves having a good time:
Haha...my husband and I were standing behind the pit when that big guy with the white hat (last video in the pit) came mowing through almost knocking me down. I was sorta pissed at first. Then I saw the biggest smile on his face, and it made me smile! He was having the best time out there.
Early in the Buzzcocks set a shoe came flying back right to where we were (in front of soundboard, behind mosh pit). About halfway through the set another shoe came flying back and landed in almost the same spot. It was the other half of the pair. Women's gold flats. so weird.
Haha I see myself a couple of times in those videos up there. I dont listen to the buzzcocks much but i just went to go with my friends and I am glad I went. And again this year, something about seeing cute girls go crazy in the pit is really attractive. Every pit i went to all weekend I would see a girl with greenish hair and a blue backpack. But anyway the buzzcocks were great and I'm glad my friend got me to with him. If you have nothing to do mid Saturday you should definitely go.
How were Buzzcocks weekend 2? Just as insane as week 1? Anyone?
I can't speak for Weekend 1 but it was absolute madness yesterday. The best crowd and most energy I have ever seen at Coachella. People bouncing off each other the whole time, everyone in a great mood, laughing and dancing.
A huge pit opened up in the middle where people were running around in circles. Orgasm Addict had the place going bonkers. Just amazing, probably the most fun I have ever had at Coachella.
You're hot, uncomfortable, overwhelmed by the 106-degree temperature and don't know what to do. The good news? Buzzcocks guitarist Steve Diggle empathizes with you. As a veteran of the punk rock circuit and festival scene, Diggle knows a thing or two about surviving in the elements. Here are the five ways to defeat the heat like a punk rocker.
5. Drink champagne! "There's nothing quite like champagne to get you through the day faster. It will take you to another universe and goes down smoother than a couple of pints. A few glasses of champagne will get you going and the heat will be the last thing on your mind."
4. Smoke cigarettes! "When you're having a smoke, in our experiences, it will keep your mind off being dehydrated. Cigarettes and champagne provide the rocket fuel to get you going."
3. Use mind over matter: "When we're on-stage, the heat is the last thing on our mind. You can't stand there thinking about it (the heat). Punk rock is about attitude and there's a way to find the heat spiritually without it bothering you. By not thinking about it, you're kicking its ass without even knowing it. Just embrace it."
2. Get naked: "If you're hot, there's no better way to say 'fuck it' than whipping off your tops and knickers. Wave them around; not giving a shit is the way to go."
1. Drink MORE champagne: "Champagne is the best because it gets you going faster. Margaritas are good as well. Both will get you through to the next day without ever remembering how hot it was when you were drinking. Don't worry about getting dehydrated; it's going to happen one way or another. You might as well have fun."