You're hot, uncomfortable, overwhelmed by the 106-degree temperature and don't know what to do. The good news? Buzzcocks guitarist Steve Diggle empathizes with you. As a veteran of the punk rock circuit and festival scene, Diggle knows a thing or two about surviving in the elements. Here are the five ways to defeat the heat like a punk rocker.
5. Drink champagne! "There's nothing quite like champagne to get you through the day faster. It will take you to another universe and goes down smoother than a couple of pints. A few glasses of champagne will get you going and the heat will be the last thing on your mind."
4. Smoke cigarettes! "When you're having a smoke, in our experiences, it will keep your mind off being dehydrated. Cigarettes and champagne provide the rocket fuel to get you going."
3. Use mind over matter: "When we're on-stage, the heat is the last thing on our mind. You can't stand there thinking about it (the heat). Punk rock is about attitude and there's a way to find the heat spiritually without it bothering you. By not thinking about it, you're kicking its ass without even knowing it. Just embrace it."
2. Get naked: "If you're hot, there's no better way to say 'fuck it' than whipping off your tops and knickers. Wave them around; not giving a shit is the way to go."
1. Drink MORE champagne: "Champagne is the best because it gets you going faster. Margaritas are good as well. Both will get you through to the next day without ever remembering how hot it was when you were drinking. Don't worry about getting dehydrated; it's going to happen one way or another. You might as well have fun."
^hahaha, yes! I was very, very impressed by Buzzcocks last weekend. So glad I got to see them.
The only part of their set that I found completely annoying was their leather jacketed guitar tech. He kept scowling and storming onstage to pop beach balls. Then when Steve dropped his guitar and walked off to a wall of feedback to close the set, Leather Man ran out and turned his monitor off. Really? Nothing says rebellion like turning the music down. Do you not enjoy having fun? We paid $300 + travel expenses, you got a free ride and were being paid to literally do nothing but scowl and look punk while holding a guitar. Don't act more important than you are, pal, you're just a glorified guitar stand.
So glad you raved about them Tom. I made sure to be in the tent for their whole set, and they were just as great as you led me to believe. That closing string of hits was just mind blowing, and hot damn Steve Diggle is entertaining live.
Originally Posted by canexplain
Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****