Thread: Jukely- The Netflix of Live Concerts?

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Default Jukely- The Netflix of Live Concerts?

Is anyone else on here subscribed? It's a $25/ month service that allows you to go to unlimited concerts. It's been in NYC just now in LA as of yesterday. The lists of shows NYC had was incredible so far the biggest (see recognizable) names I've seen for LA are Aesop Rock, Trippy Turtle, Bixel Boys. Granted it's only the first weekend and you guys listen to more artists than me so y'all might recognize more names.

The premise (or catch) is they only show your dates 2-3 days ahead and you can't get free tickets to a show until you've attended the show you already have tickets for and there's a chance that show runs out of free tickets by then. There is also a $45 option for your name +1

Jukely.com
    Last edited by WhyTheLongFace; 01-09-2015 at 01:36 PM.
    Voted Best Black Board Member 2010

Default Re: Jukely- The Netflix of Live Concerts?

I haven't subscribed but will definitely be joining up depending on what's offered, especially if it's venues I normally already go to. If it's a bunch of Whiskey and Viper room shows, i'll probably pass. I can't tell by looking at their site but it just seems to be a concert calendar, so what they actually have available will be much smaller I'm sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    5/15 PsychoCA @Observatory - 5/16 Juan Maclean @Regent - 5/18 Tanlines @Echoplex - 5/22 Dickslap w/DJ Alison Swing @Precinct - 5/27 Neutral Milk Hotel @Warner Theater - 5/31 Courtney Barnett @Roxy

It looks pretty cool to me so far. I could have got tix for Hail Mary Mallon tonight at the El Rey. I'm going tomorrow at the Observatory so I'm gonna pass. That would have been worth it already though for me. Pretty cool.

Here's the only testimony i could dig up from the AbsolutePunk messageboard.

"I got the subscription (solo, $25/mo) to check it out. The interface is weird at times - I don't have an iPhone and since there is no Android app yet, I have to use the web to scroll through the different dates. I wish you could choose the particular date for shows available since there are some nights I know I can't go to the show.

It looks like they only offer 3 days worth of shows at a time, and update around noon (maybe a little before) each day. You can only get one pass at a time - so when I grabbed a pass for Thursday, I couldn't choose another day until that show had passed. I think this makes sense because people would choose to RSVP to a bunch of shows at a time - so this gives everyone a chance to pick something.

So far I've used it for Augustana at Webster Hall last week and getting in was super easy. They send you a text to confirm and said you can contact them at the number if there were any problems. I said I was on the list and I went right in! Tonight I will be using it for the Pains of Being Pure at Heart at Glasslands.

So far, I'm impressed." -Dob

Sounds super fucking cool to me.
    ------------------
    "Mr. Toad's Wild Aidz."

Anyone get this for LA yet? Which venues are included?

I'm not subscribed but I used their point system to get a pair of free tickets to Delta Spirit a few months ago. Legit.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    Anyone get this for LA yet? Which venues are included?
    It covers most venues around town. But its really just bottom tier shows, thats the issue. Every once in a while it seems that youll be able to get in on a really good show.

Bottom tier or just undersold? Probably the same thing, but sound really different in my head.

I wonder if there will be less giveaways thru local blogs since Jukely is sharing their revenue stream with the venues/promoters. I think most folks on this board have gotten into shows at least a few times thru those contests.
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    5/15 PsychoCA @Observatory - 5/16 Juan Maclean @Regent - 5/18 Tanlines @Echoplex - 5/22 Dickslap w/DJ Alison Swing @Precinct - 5/27 Neutral Milk Hotel @Warner Theater - 5/31 Courtney Barnett @Roxy

In the week trial the best shows I saw were Curren$y at the Observatory and Tamyrn at the Echo. I didn't make it to the Tamyrn show and I got some weird threatening notification that if I didn't check in my GPS at the echo I could lose opportunities at tickets in the future. I was gonna sign on for another month but choose otherwise.

And I would say bottom tier moreso than undersold. Shows that never had a chance of selling out.

They threaten you because they want people to actually go, they don't want a person taking up someone else's spot, depriving someone who would've gone from being able to do so. I believe you have up until 5pm the day of he show to cancel your order, though. You can get locked out for not showing up.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Right in the application when you accepted the 7 day trial it very specifically said that there if you accepted tickets to a show there would be consequences for not going.
    last.fm
    5/15-17/15 - Psycho CA @ Observatory // 5/22/15 - Laura Jane Grace @ Hollywood Forever Cemetary // 5/27/15 - Neutral Milk Hotel @ Warner Grand Theater
    6/3/15 - Sufjan Stevens @ Dorothy Chandler // 7/15/15 - Shellac @ Regent // 7/31/15 - Melt Banana w/Torche @ Roxy

Oh I knew that. It was moreso how the notification was worded more so than me actually getting one. Also that had no weight on me canceling, just an added piece to the story.

So I signed up today since they are offering tix for Warpaint @ the Roxy on Feb. 8. I figure $45 is a good deal since a pair will go for $64 (including fees) during the on sale this Saturday. Any other show i catch after that will be a bonus IMO.

5/17/15 Ex Hex @ Acerogami
    5/25/15 Refused, Turbonegro @ Observatory
    5/28/15 Mystic Braves w/Mr Elevator & the Brain Hotel @ Soho
    5/31/15 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Ventura Theater
    6/03/15 Kiasmos @ Masonic Lodge
    8/21/15 Modest Mouse @ Hollywood Forever
    8/22-8/23 FYF Fest @ Exposition Park

Are you sure they're offering tickets or is it just on the calendar? They don't post tickets usually for a show that far in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Are you sure they're offering tickets or is it just on the calendar? They don't post tickets usually for a show that far in advance.
    Theyre presenting the show, and its their promo. All you have to do was sign up and you get a ticket or tickets, thats it.

https://www.jukely.com/s/e41ed1/subscribe

I didn't sign up for the service, but I must have signed up for their mailing list. This was the list of eligible events shown in today's email

Bush @ Wiltern 1/31
    Brooke Fraser @ Fonda 1/29
    Marek Hemmann @ Roxy 1/31
    Jukebox the Ghost @ El Rey 1/31
    Watain @ Fonda 1/31
    Guy Gerber @ Sound Nightclub 1/30

Has anyone used this? How has it improved?