Page 192 of 286 FirstFirst ... 187188189190191192193194195196197 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,760 of 8565

Thread: Official CD/LP purchases thread

  1. #5731
    Brackish African wmgaretjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,554

    Default Re: Official CD/LP purchases thread

    despite being a big autechre fan, I somehow had never heard the Lego Feet lp. the 2lp repress is incredible and anyone into early, weirdo IDM should pick it up.

  2. #5732

    Default Re: Official CD/LP purchases thread

    Jared, where did you buy that? I'd be really interested in hearing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    I love when people huff an 8 ball and then come on here to show off what they think they know about Stanley Kubrick.

  3. #5733
    Brackish African wmgaretjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,554

    Default Re: Official CD/LP purchases thread

    i picked up my copy at wall of sound in seattle when i was up there. i think i spotted a copy at easy street as well. but it's also available online:
    http://www.mimaroglumusicsales.com/a.../autechre.html
    http://beta.forcedexposure.com/Catalog/SKA.001LP.html
    http://www.experimedia.net/index.php...oducts_id=6054

  4. #5734

    Default Re: Official CD/LP purchases thread

    Just picked up an original pressing of Godspeed You! Black Emperor - F♯ A♯infinity for $16 at Origami

  5. #5735

    Default Re: Official CD/LP purchases thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    i picked up my copy at wall of sound in seattle when i was up there. i think i spotted a copy at easy street as well. but it's also available online:
    http://www.mimaroglumusicsales.com/a.../autechre.html
    http://beta.forcedexposure.com/Catalog/SKA.001LP.html
    http://www.experimedia.net/index.php...oducts_id=6054
    Ah I see. If it wasn't listed under Autechre I probably missed it. Jeez, I need to pay better attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    I love when people huff an 8 ball and then come on here to show off what they think they know about Stanley Kubrick.

  6. #5736
    Happy Feet Coachella Bound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    City of Wasted Dreams, CA
    Posts
    5,557

    Default Re: Official CD/LP purchases thread

    Went to Vinyl Soultion in HB for the first time yesterday... not sure why it took this long. Really kind of fell in love w/ the place. From everything ive heard the staff isnt the best, so i left them a lone and spent a good hour practically alone. Deff a lot of records you wont see anywhere else, yet not nearly as many records as you would see at some other shops. And they dont over stuff the racks, making it easy to dig..... didnt seem to have an electronic section, and very small categories of most other genres (jazz, hip-hop, funk & soul, etc). The guy that runs it seems compelled on a collectors image and selling vinyl in good shape. He seems to price things pretty fairly, if not on the low end... Excellent 99cent bin as well.

    Yaz - Upstairs at Eric's
    English Beat, the - I Just Can't Stop It
    Sérgio Mendes & Brasil '66 - Herb Alpert Presents Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66
    José Feliciano - Feliciano!
    Coltrane ‎– Live At Birdland
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

    - PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

  7. #5737
    Member FEELS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA
    Posts
    2,334

    Default Re: Official CD/LP purchases thread

    Yeah, that place has awesome stuff.. but the racist vibes (last time I was in there they were playing a song that went something like "get that coon off my land") is pretty off-putting.

  8. #5738
    Happy Feet Coachella Bound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    City of Wasted Dreams, CA
    Posts
    5,557

    Default Re: Official CD/LP purchases thread

    really.....? they were bumping Outkast yesterday. Its possible they were just playing a record for a potential buyer, as ive heard they will do that upon request. Then again its HB, so who knows....
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

    - PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

  9. #5739
    Member FEELS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA
    Posts
    2,334

    Default Re: Official CD/LP purchases thread

    Yeah. Idk, I've heard the place is known for selling white supremacist material.. and then to hear the owner actually playing it in the store. I fucking hate HB's notoriety for skinheads

  10. #5740
    Coachella Junkie greghead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    6,314

    Default Re: Official CD/LP purchases thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FEELS View Post
    Yeah, that place has awesome stuff.. but the racist vibes (last time I was in there they were playing a song that went something like "get that coon off my land") is pretty off-putting.
    Context is pretty important, though, were they playing hardcore or metal, or was it a dusty old hillbilly song from the 40s? Old country & Texas swing is full of racial material, but it seems more a product of the time-period than any sort of overt neo-Nazi/white supremacist shit. Por ejemplo, Bob Wills did a song called "Take Me Back To Tulsa" that features a lyric about "darkie" raising the cotton and "white man" keeping the money. Interesting sociological commentary on race and class in the agrarian South in the 1930s & 40s. Or completely fucking racist. Context.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    No Taj Mahal or Ry Cooder? Fuck this thread.

  11. #5741
    Coachella Junkie stinkbutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,383

    Default Re: Official CD/LP purchases thread

    A lot of hardcore uses satire too, so in passing it can seem hard to tell
    DREAM BIGGER

  12. #5742
    LOLocaust Survivor Hannahrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    stately Rain Manor
    Posts
    17,475

    Default Re: Official CD/LP purchases thread

    Annual Fat Possum sale is on until 9/3. Per usual, most stuff is $10.

  13. #5743

    Default Re: Official CD/LP purchases thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Annual Fat Possum sale is on until 9/3. Per usual, most stuff is $10.
    Welp, this just got me to spend $40.

  14. #5744
    old school nosurprises12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Posts
    4,318

    Default Re: Official CD/LP purchases thread

    Serge Gainsbourg ‎– Histoire De Melody Nelson (2009 180 gram reissue)
    The B-52's - s/t (1983 reissue, and both sleeve and disc are in immaculate condition)
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

  15. #5745
    Member FEELS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA
    Posts
    2,334

    Default Re: Official CD/LP purchases thread

    Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Context is pretty important, though, were they playing hardcore or metal, or was it a dusty old hillbilly song from the 40s? Old country & Texas swing is full of racial material, but it seems more a product of the time-period than any sort of overt neo-Nazi/white supremacist shit. Por ejemplo, Bob Wills did a song called "Take Me Back To Tulsa" that features a lyric about "darkie" raising the cotton and "white man" keeping the money. Interesting sociological commentary on race and class in the agrarian South in the 1930s & 40s. Or completely fucking racist. Context.
    I get what you're saying, and yeah it was some old hilbilly song. Still, you'd think they wouldn't be stupid enough to play it in the store. That + carrying racial material (the neo-Nazi hardcore punk bullshit) pretty much seals the deal for me. Whatever, I'd rather make the trek to Fingerprints

  16. #5746
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Bay Area
    Posts
    12,508

    Default Re: Official CD/LP purchases thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    Went to Vinyl Soultion in HB for the first time yesterday... not sure why it took this long. Really kind of fell in love w/ the place. From everything ive heard the staff isnt the best, so i left them a lone and spent a good hour practically alone. Deff a lot of records you wont see anywhere else, yet not nearly as many records as you would see at some other shops. And they dont over stuff the racks, making it easy to dig..... didnt seem to have an electronic section, and very small categories of most other genres (jazz, hip-hop, funk & soul, etc). The guy that runs it seems compelled on a collectors image and selling vinyl in good shape. He seems to price things pretty fairly, if not on the low end... Excellent 99cent bin as well.
    Making me feel old, been shopping there for probably around 17 years or so. That store and a little shop in Costa Mesa called Noise, Noise, Noise(rip) were my go to places.

    There is a place right down the street from me called Factory Records that you should check out if you are in the Newport/Costa Mesa area sometime, it is run by the guy who ran Noisex3. He is one of the raddest guys ever, and so knowledgeable about everything you could be looking for. Right on 17th Street in the same lot as the Little Knight(rip), tucked in the back with no real signage from the street. Yelp reviewers seem to love it, too, 4 1/2 out of 5 stars. Will be taking my kids in the next couple days to introduce them to the joy that is a record store.

    A bit afraid to let this little gem out onto the board, but support this guy and his store, he deserves it.

    yelp link:
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/factory-records-costa-mesa

    facebook page is updated quite frequently with new arrivals, too:
    https://www.facebook.com/factoryrecords92627
    Last edited by JustSteve; 08-28-2012 at 02:17 PM.

  17. #5747
    Coachella Junkie bballarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    15,103

    Default Re: Official CD/LP purchases thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Annual Fat Possum sale is on until 9/3. Per usual, most stuff is $10.
    Well, so much for not buying records for awhile.

  18. #5748
    Happy Feet Coachella Bound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    City of Wasted Dreams, CA
    Posts
    5,557

    Default Re: Official CD/LP purchases thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    Making me feel old, been shopping there for probably around 17 years or so. That store and a little shop in Costa Mesa called Noise, Noise, Noise(rip) were my go to places.

    There is a place right down the street from me called Factory Records that you should check out if you are in the Newport/Costa Mesa area sometime, it is run by the guy who ran Noisex3. He is one of the raddest guys ever, and so knowledgeable about everything you could be looking for. Right on 17th Street in the same lot as the Little Knight(rip), tucked in the back with no real signage from the street. Yelp reviewers seem to love it, too, 4 1/2 out of 5 stars. Will be taking my kids in the next couple days to introduce them to the joy that is a record store.

    A bit afraid to let this little gem out onto the board, but support this guy and his store, he deserves it.

    yelp link:
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/factory-records-costa-mesa

    facebook page is updated quite frequently with new arrivals, too:
    https://www.facebook.com/factoryrecords92627

    Hahaha... ive lived in the area for a long time, i just usually go to TKO off Garfield and Brookhurst. Thanks for the recommendation, ill deff check it out come pay day. We should go digging sometime.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

    - PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

  19. #5749
    Coachella Junkie greghead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    6,314

    Default Re: Official CD/LP purchases thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bballarl View Post
    Well, so much for not buying records for awhile.
    Right? Fuck, I was doing so well, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    No Taj Mahal or Ry Cooder? Fuck this thread.

  20. #5750
    The Fro PassiveTheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ciudad de ángeles
    Posts
    11,045

    Default Re: Official CD/LP purchases thread

    Hey so... This is going to be another one of those "hey everybody I need to ask you something that you have been asked already" kind of posts, but yeah. I need your recommendations on sub-300$ turntables since I am almost done moving into my new place and I need a record player. I'm going to comb craigslist to see what I can find, but I could use some help. Thanks.
    Upcoming Shows:
    • Caribou @ The Fonda in Los Angeles on Saturday, February 28th
    • The Replacements @ The Palladium in Los Angeles on Wednesday, April 15th
    • Belle & Sebastian + Mac Demarco @ The Fox Theater in Pomona, CA on Thursday, April 16th

    6x Coachella Attendee (2007 - 2011, 2014a)


    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

  21. #5751
    Coachella Junkie bballarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    15,103

    Default Re: Official CD/LP purchases thread

    Mail order.

    LP:
    Burial - Burial
    Burial - Untrue

    CD:
    VA - 5 Years of Hyperdub

    12":
    Mike Simonetti - Mike Simonetti's Circadian Rhythms

  22. #5752
    Member ialvarado2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    El Lay
    Posts
    1,121

    Default Re: Official CD/LP purchases thread

    PopMarket has a vinyl bindle of the Black Keys... I would have been very excited about this 3 years ago.

    $57 for Brothers, El Camino, Attack & Release and Magic Potion

    Free shipping. The price looks alright, I wonder how much can I get if I re-sell El Camino?

    http://www.popmarket.com/details/266...re_id=27727524
    AC/DC-Ride-FlyingLotus-ActionBronson-WuTangLtd-Interpol-TameImpala-LykkeLi-Caribou-Squarepusher-Kimbra-ReverendHortonHeat-SylvanEsso-Haerts-Eagulls-LosRakas-GhostofASaber

    JackWhite-Ratatat-RunTheJewels-Swans-Antemasque-Bostich+Fussible-BadReligion-Tyler-WarOnDrugs-AltJ-FKATwigs-Tycho-Kasabian-DriveLikeJehu-Jungle-CleanBandit-GaslampKiller-ParquetCourts-Yelle-Radkey

    St.Vincent-Florence-BrandNew-Desaparecidos-OFF-ChicanoBatman-MŘ-NightTerrorsOf1927-Drake... nah, just kidding, Fuck Drake

  23. #5753
    Coachella Junkie chiapet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle area
    Posts
    20,771

    Default Re: Official CD/LP purchases thread

    Stone Roses - Fools Gold 9.53 12" (clear gold vinyl)
    A Child's Garden of Grass <-- I remember my parents getting baked and playing this all the time when I was little.

  24. #5754
    Member zircona1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    1,505

    Default Re: Official CD/LP purchases thread

    I preordered Swans' The Seer and Children of God/World of Skin from the Young God website last week (both signed by Michael Gira), demand has been high so I'm waiting for a shipping email.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

  25. #5755
    Coachella Junkie greghead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    6,314

    Default Re: Official CD/LP purchases thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    Hey so... This is going to be another one of those "hey everybody I need to ask you something that you have been asked already" kind of posts, but yeah. I need your recommendations on sub-300$ turntables since I am almost done moving into my new place and I need a record player. I'm going to comb craigslist to see what I can find, but I could use some help. Thanks.
    I'll sell you one of my vintage 70s tables for well under $300 if you're still in CA.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    No Taj Mahal or Ry Cooder? Fuck this thread.

  26. #5756

    Default Re: Official CD/LP purchases thread

    Scott Walker - Tilt
    Stars of the Lid - Avec Laudenum
    Suicide - s/t
    Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - I See a Darkness
    Outer Space - II
    Lego Feet - s/t
    Bernard Parmegiani/Philip Samartzis - Immersion
    Karlheinz Stockhausen - Zyklus for Percussion / Klavierstuck
    Arnold Schoenberg - Piano Music
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    I love when people huff an 8 ball and then come on here to show off what they think they know about Stanley Kubrick.

  27. #5757
    Coachella Junkie getbetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    East Palo Alto
    Posts
    9,642

    Default Re: Official CD/LP purchases thread

    The Gun Club-Ahmed's Wild Dream


    So good
    Translation


    Swans @ Terminal West 03/28/15
    Drive like Jehu @ The Glass House 04/08/15
    Electric Wizard @ Slims 04/17/15
    Acid Mother Temple @ BOTM 04/18/15
    Faith No More @ the Warfield 04/20/15
    John Zorn @ UCLA 05/02/15
    Will Bulter @ Slims 05/26/15
    Neutral Milk Hotel @ Pappy & Harriets 05/30/15
    Mariah Carey @ Caesars palace 06/11/14


    Last.fm
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Fuck you.

  28. #5758
    old school cansei de ser sexme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Claremont
    Posts
    3,349

    Default Re: Official CD/LP purchases thread

    Animal Collective poster wasn't at amoeba when they opened. So sad.

  29. #5759
    Member send me ctrpllrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,505

    Default Re: Official CD/LP purchases thread

    My copy of Centipede Hz showed up a few minutes ago. Currently preparing (smoking) to listen.

    Also ordered recently...

    Ricardo Donoso - Assimilating the Shadows 2LP
    The North Sea - Tacazze Sunbird LP
    Charlatan meets The North Sea cs
    Air Rings Vol. 3 3cs

  30. #5760
    old school cansei de ser sexme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Claremont
    Posts
    3,349

    Default Re: Official CD/LP purchases thread

    Went back to Amoeba and picked up Centipede Hz deluxe 2xLP with a chill free poster. Also got the new cat power clear 2xLP w/ 7"

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 63
    Last Post: 05-03-2013, 05:11 PM
  2. The Official Why Must I Cry Thread
    By DeltaSigChi4 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-17-2010, 06:14 PM
  3. The Official 300 thread
    By brycerosen in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-12-2007, 01:25 PM
  4. Official MBV rumor thread
    By poser1 in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-13-2007, 11:44 PM
  5. The Official OSCAR Thread
    By DanMonk in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-10-2007, 07:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •