You people are comparing Coachella to a TV show. a TV show about dragons.
If anybody gave a shit about you, they'd've staged an intervention already.
1) It's clear to me that your heart is not pure, and you would make a really lousy medieval warrior.
2) It's not TV. It's HBO.
3) The show is not about dragons.
4) There are approximately 3 events I can think of that would prevent me from attending Coachella: My father's funeral. My mother's funeral. My own funeral.
5) My digital video recorder allows me to enjoy my favorite television shows at my leisure, thus preventing the Sophie's Choice type decision I'd have to make Sunday evening at Coachella.
6) Like almost every poll on this board, it is/was a joke. Thanks for playing.
The logical vacuum that post has created is going to suck in everything else in this thread. Nearby threads are also in danger.
Have you seen Game of Thrones?
I've been to Coachella seven times, and I'll be there next year. The poll was "What are you most anticipating?", not "Will you forgo Coachella to watch the first (or second) episdoe of Game of Thrones?" That's just silly.
Of course, after last year, a nice HDTV with a DVR is now one of the minimum requirements for our lodgings.
But for you to dismiss Game of Thrones as a "TV show about dragons" invites similarly ignorant arguments about Coachella such as the one I proposed above. Point is, whether its April 15th or the 22nd, that's my most anticipated day of the year.
Also, I swear to you that those who voted for Showtime and Bonnaroo shall die screaming.
If the season premiere of a tv show is your "most anticipated day of the year", then I'm glad I don't have your life.
Indubitably, but my point was that whichever day is my Coachella Sunday (15th or 22nd), combined with a new episode of Game of Thrones (1st or 2nd), is my most anticipated day of the year. I'm rather looking forward to it.