Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Something terrible -- Paris, Eagles of Death Metal (maybe)

Default Something terrible -- Paris, Eagles of Death Metal (maybe)

Some terrible terrible things going on in Paris right now. More than 100 dead from terrorist attacks.
    NY Times reporting hostages taken at concert hall (looks like Bataclan): http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...g-attacks.html Zoom the map and look at the location.
    Schedule of events from Bataclan: http://www.bataclan.fr/events.php -- Eagles of Death Metal

No matter who, what, where, when ... this is all around terrible and sad.

It's true.
    More than 100 dead at concert alone.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...82f_story.html
    "At the concert hall, there were reports of gunfire and explosions as security forces moved in on hostage takers who had stormed a concert by an American rock band."
    "France’s deputy mayor, Patrick Klugman, said at least 118 people were killed at the concert hall alone. The final death toll was not immediately know but was expected to be considerably higher."
    Last edited by zeppelin77; 11-13-2015 at 04:58 PM.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Default Re: Something terrible -- Paris, Eagles of Death Metal (maybe)

The band said they're trying to figure out if the band and crew is even alive. Fucking wild

"She said she spoke to her son’s wife, who said that the band members had managed to flee the concert hall when the attack began. The fate of several crew members remains unknown, she said."

Sounds like the band made it out.
    Drive Like Jehu - Feb 25 Irenic
    Underworld - Apr 13 Fox Theater, Pomona
    Savages, Death Grips - Apr 20 Fox Theater, Pomona
    Parov Stelar - Apr 21 North Park Theater
    The Cure - May 20 Sleep Train, Chula Vista
    Moderat - May 27th North Park Theater

old school

Some posts in the default thread. Brooklyn Vegan Updated their page with EODM's Update stating there were members and crew that had not been accounted for.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archive..._death_12.html
    Last edited by shoegazer76; 11-13-2015 at 05:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    holy shit dude
    ^I earned this.^

"Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

Heard on the radio that Josh made a communication saying they were ok.

But 118 confirmed dead at the venue. Jesus fucking Christ.

Definitely feels like a personal attack in a way since music is such an escape for so many of us, the exact place we go to get away from bullshit like this.

Having seen Jesse and the band a few weeks ago in LA and seeing the love they had for the fans and the fans in return, I can't even imagine how this begins to get processed. Can picture exactly how much fun everyone there was having right up until everything went to shit, as this band is purely about having a good time and dancing your ass off. Crushing.

Perfectly said JustSteve. As someone who uses music to escape from life and its harsh reality at times this attack hits me in an personal way that none before has. I can only imagine the pain if the young men and women that are lucky to survive this must be feeling and will have to endure for a long time. Or the feeling that all the loved ones who just thought their friend or family member who was just going out to enjoy a show never to come back must be feeling. And most of all the tragic loss of life for people that in all likelihood believed in peace, love and respect for all. I can't help but think of all the shows that I have been to and will go to and how it is the last place I would think something like this would happen.

old school

MSNBC just reporting that EODM's managment has told them a member of the band is among the slain victims.

and NBC reporting it also. http://www.nbcbayarea.com/entertainm...347921681.html

Hopeully wrong.
    Last edited by shoegazer76; 11-13-2015 at 06:37 PM.
    holy shit dude
    ^I earned this.^

Damn I forgot McJunkins is touring with them. Hope all the band are ok. So sorry for the tragic loss of life. Found out I lost a friend today too... crap fuggin day.
    Tool| Tool| DeVotchka| Godspeed You! Black Emperor| Black Sabbath| Iggy Pop| Bruce Springsteen| New Order| David Gilmour| David Gilmour| Courtney Barnett| Coachella| Explosions in the Sky| Explosions in the Sky| Scorpions| The Cure| The Cure| The Who| Refused| Chelsea Wolfe| Peter Gabriel/Sting| Peter Gabriel/Sting| Radiohead| Adele| PJ Harvey| Guns N' Roses| FYF| Swans| ELO| Lush| Echo & The Bunnymen| Sia| Desert Trip| Garbage| BRMC/DFA| This Will Destroy You| Temple of the Dog

Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

old school

... Deftones were at the show too.

http://www.fuse.tv/2015/11/deftones-...ack-15-minutes
    holy shit dude
    ^I earned this.^

So all the band members are ok and will be heading home, tour canceled obviously. One of the crew may not have made it, though. Damn.

A bunch of people were there from another forum I have frequented over the years. All got out safe, but one was shot a couple times it sounds like, will survive.

just reminds us that there is no shying away from this fight. these Muslims hate us for who we are, our life style and our democracy. I'm sickened and disgusted by this and see no difference from these poor French kids and any of us attending a show here in the states. glad to see some gains on the battlefield this week in both Syria and Iraq, and a special delivery for jihadi john. hopefully the world will redouble its effort and resolve to defeat this warped ideology but it's going to be a long, tough slog...many of these would-be assassins are hiding among the masses, getting radicalized online and waiting for their chance to be "martyred." the world has to galvanize around defeating this sinister, jaded ideology.

old school

Should've screen capped that NBC "1 Band Member dead," headline. Schotty journalism covered by the edit & delete buttons.
    holy shit dude
    ^I earned this.^

I'm leaving for Europe for my honeymoon on December 1st. Flying into London. Was gonna spend a few days there, then a few days in Paris, then a few days in Dublin, and am eventually flying out of Dublin on December 15th. Would you guys still go to Paris? Just three weeks after this tragedy? I know this shit can happen anywhere. Never been to Paris before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

I'd go. It's a lovely city.

Paris is wonderful. I was there in January about a week after the Charlie Hebdo shooting and everything was fine. Security was really beefed up and there were police on the corner of every street. We had an amazing time and it was definitely worth it. It will probably be even safer now since they will be on such high alert.

I agree with the above comments. I love the city and my only regret each time I visited was that I wasn't there longer.

If I could hang out in Paris tomorrow I'd do it. Amazing city. Make sure and go to the Marché Bastille. I felt after the half dozen or so open air markets (including the one in Versailles) that Bastille was the best one.

Speaking of Versailles, highly recommend this if you are into biking

http://fattiretours.com/paris/tours/...lles-bike-tour

Great way to see the palace grounds, weather permitting.
    Tool| Tool| DeVotchka| Godspeed You! Black Emperor| Black Sabbath| Iggy Pop| Bruce Springsteen| New Order| David Gilmour| David Gilmour| Courtney Barnett| Coachella| Explosions in the Sky| Explosions in the Sky| Scorpions| The Cure| The Cure| The Who| Refused| Chelsea Wolfe| Peter Gabriel/Sting| Peter Gabriel/Sting| Radiohead| Adele| PJ Harvey| Guns N' Roses| FYF| Swans| ELO| Lush| Echo & The Bunnymen| Sia| Desert Trip| Garbage| BRMC/DFA| This Will Destroy You| Temple of the Dog

Hell yes, go to Paris! I have my wife to thank for getting me to the louvre, musee d'orsay and musee Rodin...highlight of our visit was checking out these museums, much to my surprise.
    Last edited by breathewithme; 11-16-2015 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by breathewithme View Post
    just reminds us that there is no shying away from this fight. these Muslims hate us for who we are, our life style and our democracy.
    You are an idiot.

just reminds us that there is no shying away from this fight. these Muslims hate us for who we are, our life style and our democracy. I'm sickened and disgusted by this and see no difference from these poor French kids and any of us attending a show here in the states. glad to see some gains on the battlefield this week in both Syria and Iraq, and a special delivery for jihadi john. hopefully the world will redouble its effort and resolve to defeat this warped ideology but it's going to be a long, tough slog...many of these would-be assassins are hiding among the masses, getting radicalized online and waiting for their chance to be "martyred." the world has to galvanize around defeating this sinister, jaded ideology.
    You understand that not all Muslims... Oh, what's the point.
    #thisbitch

He also said that the louvre was a highlight to his surprise. He's uncultured swine incapable of a nuanced world view

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    You are an idiot.
    Seconded. Jesus Christ.
    Last edited by captncrzy; 11-14-2015 at 03:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyInHeaven View Post
    Devin - how does it feel to know that there are still more women in the world that would fuck me at this very moment than would fuck you?

I think anyone who has been to Paris before would go back in a heartbeat. The inner arroindoisements are fantastic and are worth exploring in all seasons if you've never been there. A lot of the tension in the community (from my understanding) lies outside of the areas most well-traveled by tourists. It's your honeymoon, do honeymoon things...not a lot of better places to do those than in Paris.
    Radiohead 8.4 // RUFUS 8.11// DEP 8.15 // Deftones 8.24 // FYF 8.27-28 // UMO 9.1 // Local Natives 9.16 // Trentemoller 9.28 // Faint 10.20 // Wild Beasts 11.5

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

cr****

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    cr****
    what does that even mean, dipshit?

Quote Originally Posted by HunterGather View Post
    You understand that not all Muslims... Oh, what's the point.
    #thisbitch
    of course not all Muslims, asshat. who said anything about all Muslims? God damn there are some stupid motherfuckers running around this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by slinkybutt View Post
    He also said that the louvre was a highlight to his surprise. He's uncultured swine incapable of a nuanced world view
    blow me, shithead.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Seconded. Jesus Christ.

you had to edit that, and I'm the idiot. well done, dumbass.