Send me the picture of your busy p.
Send me the picture of your busy p.
David Hasselhoff was right in front of me during NERO, got some pictures....
Metallica: 8/20 @ U.S. Bank Stadium
I met TomAZ and Courtney. Those are my "claim to fame"s for the weekend
I saw Paris heading toward the Dumb Zone.
Earl Sweatshirt and most of OFWGKTA
Donald Glover (Childish Gambino)
Aaron Paul (Breaking Bad)
Blake from Workaholics
Francis and Stevie from Malcolm in the Middle
Saw into Josh Homme from QOTSA and Them Crooked Vultures in the artist compound
A few more that I forgot, but we had Guest passes so we were mingling with them all weekend, luckily.
Coachella - '12 --- Lollapalooza - '08 --- Sasquatch - '06, '09, '10, '11
Friday: M83 : Explosions in the Sky : Amon Tobin
Saturday: Radiohead : Flying Lotus : tune-yards : Childish Gambino : The Shins : Jeff Mangum : Godspeed You! Black Emperor : SBTRKT
Sunday: Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg : DJ Shadow : At the Drive-In : Beats Antique : The Weeknd : Girl Talk :
Put this up on my fb:
1) Asked to take a picture of Josh Homme in the guest area before the Buzzcocks Weekend 1. Told him he regularly kicked ass. Noticed Tim Roth (not pictured) standing next to him and let him know he kicked ass as well.
2) Shook the hand of Jimmy Cliff as i was exiting and he was entering the Artist Compound. Told him the show was great and he said "Thank you." (blurry pic after this not included)
3) Talked to Scott Kirkland from Crystal Method after Feist about stuff that included our past connection through Groove Radio.
4) Got to meet Gary Tovar (founder of Goldenvoice) at Kasabian 2nd Weekend. Told him "Gary! i'm an Olympic / Perkins Palace kid" He liked that.
5) Ran into Fred Arminsen and Rebecca from Wild Flag in the Guest Area after PULP. Told Fred he was doing everything right.
6) Brief encounter with Ritchie Sambora in the Guest Area after the Hives. Told him if GV did Rockchella, they would be a great headliner. He liked that. (Have a picture of Ritchie and board member Missy together)
7) Radiohead was coming into their trailer area as i was going out. Was standing next to Thom Yorke. When he was done talking to someone else, i said to him "This is the closest i will ever be to you. You're the best. Looking so forward to tonight's show." Shook his hand (which i was careful not to hurt) and went away.
Last edited by ivankay; 04-25-2012 at 03:09 PM.
(disclaimer: this was not AT coachella but NEAR it, don't hassle me)
sunday morning after RH played, I went into Koffi in palm springs and while waiting in line, glanced behind me to see a certain someone.
didn't say anything, felt it would be inappropriate as he seemed to be enjoying his day off...
is this creepy? yes? oh well.
I met Gary Tovar right before Jeff Mangum. I had seen him enter the vip/guest area in front of the outdoor theatre and I immediatedly noticed Paul Tollett walking in, and Gary Tovar was with him, and Gary makes eye contact with me. He walks up to me at the barricade and says "You know who that guy is? He's the king of Coachella." I told him I knew and then he said "and I founded Goldenvoice!" I shoke his hand and then off he went. Very cool. I saw him later in the VIP/Guest for Justice.
Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1), 2014 (W1), 2015 (W2)
I saw Josh right before ATDI I think. I can't think what set I saw him but that and Dre was the only set I was rail for so it makes sense.
I played some Jenga with Haley Joel Osment in the Red Bull Speakeasy, didn't know it was him, he gained some wait in the last few years, then my girlfriend started talking to him about his movies. Pretty cool kid.
weekend 2: right before radiohead, dave chappelle was walking in between the barriers. Tried to get a picture, but he was too fast. Heard someone yell "Dave!" and he turned and waved. Oh and yes, he was most likely high as hell.
How did I miss Josh? I was at that Buzzcocks show grrrrrrrrr!
My "celebrity" brush was at Justice when Jamie Kennedy stood near us. About 4 of us tried to hit him in the head with a beach ball and failed. The highlight was my friend Dave yelling "hey Malibu's Most Wanted, FUCK YOU!"
We also got to say hi to Chromeo who was at that show as well.
Random list of shows I'll never remember to edit
in 2010 I crossed paths with Dave Grohl near the outdoorl, and met Busy P and Miguel Miggs in the VIP area. I think that's about it for people I've met at Coachella.
I saw Ed O'brien walking around with what looked to be a camera crew week 1 and then had him rock out in front of me during Modeselektor week 2.
I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.
A foot away from Dave Chappelle and John Salley while at the front of the 2nd barrier for Dre and Snoop 2nd Weekend, and Tony Hawk right before that for Justice and ATDI.
I've never seen a celebrity at Coachella other than that stupid spoiled whore Paris Hilton. Am I not standing in the celeb hot spots? I usually don't get really close to the stages because I like to enter/exit as easily as possible.
Last edited by SepaGroove; 05-09-2012 at 09:22 AM.
took a picture with Blake as well, right after Childish Gambino weekend 1.
11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena
fairly certain I saw the Cameron Diaz/Drew Barrymore combination platter side stage as Oasis performed. The crowd/band/set was pretty dead, so it's easy to eye wander.
You mean Noel Gallagher and the High Flying Birds?
No, Oasis actually played one year. The band stood there, the audience stood there, and Cameron Diaz stood there as well. It was like an unintentional Leonard Cohen show without the emotion.
not coachella, but was sitting right next to rainn wilson at the hotel pool yesterday down in huntington beach. cool guy.