Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 131415161718

Thread: Celebs you've met @ past coachella

Default Re: Celebs you've met @ past coachella

Bumped into diplo last year leaving the epik high performance. Dude looked really high.

Quote Originally Posted by Twattycakes View Post
    Tyler the Creator was at Death Grips in the special little area in the front left of the crowd losing his shit and diving into the crowd. It was pretty special.
    Where was this?!?

paris hilton, at the same time, in the same spot, every year for 3 years. idk how it happens. going for the 4th this year. ps she was wearing the exact same outfit 2 years in a row '15/'16....not hot!

David Hasselhoff, kristen stewart & that vampire boy, the singer from that one band that played last year that looks like the Weeknd but isn't?, Miley Cyrus, Ron Jeremy, Gene Simmons' son Nick, Aaron Paul (Breaking Bad) who gave my gf a hug when she ran up to him screaming his name over & over, i think she freaked him out for a second since it was dark and he had just came from backstage

Of Monsters and Men, Brittany Howard of the Alabama Shakes (chill as a motherfucker), Flume (he had very clammy hands), Grimes, Silversun Pickups (Lead guitarist is kind of an asshole, but their bassist is one of the nicest celebrities I have ever met, the drummer from Alt-j (the lead singer was wasted and retreated immediately to an area we couldn't go, the drummer was very nice, probably talked to us for half and hour), HAELOS.

Are these sightings in GA, backstage, or VIP?
    A lot of musicians wander out from backstage to general areas over to the right side of the Outdoor Stage. I love this space - so much room to dance usually, until now probably...

I talked to Gaslamp Killer very briefly while getting spicy pie before heading to ACDC. I told him that I might see his set but I was most likely gonna see Tycho (which I did). I don't think he appreciated that. Cool guy I guess

Met most of LCD last year in the beer barn, their manager tried to buy my friends lighter for $20 lol
    2014 Wk1 , 2015 Wk2, 2016 Wk1, 2017 Wk2

Quote Originally Posted by M0D3Z View Post
    Would really make Hell a less enjoyable place. I want to be able to see Satan as he tortures me.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnumstrike View Post
    Of Monsters and Men, Brittany Howard of the Alabama Shakes (chill as a motherfucker), Flume (he had very clammy hands), Grimes, Silversun Pickups (Lead guitarist is kind of an asshole, but their bassist is one of the nicest celebrities I have ever met, the drummer from Alt-j (the lead singer was wasted and retreated immediately to an area we couldn't go, the drummer was very nice, probably talked to us for half and hour), HAELOS.
    Not sure I'd call the bassist of silversun pickups a celebrity.

Last year during Melody's Echo Chamber I was standing next to the guitarist from Mint Field who had played at noon. Definitely not a celebrity because she starting laughing at the notion that anyone recognized her. Found out we're members of the same Facebook group for fans of shoegaze.

I saw Dan Bilzerian walking into VIP last year during W2 which was....gross.

I saw Anthony Tiffith (TDE CEO), lil yachty, lil dicky, tyler, Quavo and Martin garrix this year

I saw Prince on the stage in 2008 does that count?
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I, 2015: I, 2017: II

It's been a wild ride over the years, was feeling nostalgic since I'm taking my first year off since 2004 this year.

Out of all the celebs I've met at Coachella over the years this guy was one of the greatest. The Coachella holy grail. Sis and her friend met him bckstage earlier in the day and she introduced us. When he saw them he yelled out "my babies, my babies!!!"

Spent an hour talking to this guy backstage about Coachella and life the year prince played, too, was surreal haha. Was during a break from him filming an episode of California Gold with my buddy Fold that day. At the end I asked for a pic and he said "Well if I take a pic with you then everyone else is going to ask for one, so let's do it." And he was right, all of a sudden 15 people were waiting their turn. We weren't even bothered the whole time we were talking, seems everyone was respectfully waiting until we were done hanging out.

Last edited by JustSteve; 04-20-2017 at 08:35 AM.

Not sure how Josh felt about me

Asked this guy for piece of gum

Last edited by JustSteve; 04-20-2017 at 08:36 AM.

This last shadow monkey in 2016

Hanging with Kasabian before/after their show in 2015. It was their music playing as I went under for my double lung transplant just 8 months prior. Got to share the story with them, Tom even teared up when I was done, invited me into their trailer for a couple beers and couple hours of hanging out. He was making me show everyone around my scars haha. One gorgeous woman freaked out, said she couldn't look because it made her nauseous heh. Great group of guys all around.

Last edited by JustSteve; 04-20-2017 at 08:41 AM.

i saw Russell Simmons on the yellow path when i was leaving sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Magnumstrike View Post
    HAELOS.
    jealous!

2017 Coachella weekend 1

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

i got a picture with casey neistat in VIP and it made me so happy
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    Passion Pit drew the biggest congregation of white people that couldn't dance that I've ever seen.

Spoke with Scott Hansen for a bit after Tycho's set, before Ga Ga. Said hi to Jack Garrat before Zimmer too.

Saw a lot of other celebs just being normal people and enjoying Coachella.

I saw Die Antwoord driving out of the Indian Wells Tennis place on Saturday. Yelled "Hey Ninja!" and got the best grill smile ever as he was going through the intersection.

W2 at Floating Points' set, we saw Dan from Caribou hanging out watching the show with Four Tet and Ben UFO. Numerous people were approaching them to say hi, give hugs and hi-5's, etc. We went over to say hi to Dan since we are big big Caribou fans, got to thank him and give him a hug! It was really a special moment of this year's festival and really cool to see them hanging out together on the grounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by svatomictwist View Post
    I spin in both directions, and I also dance in FRACTIONS.
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011!!!, 2012 (w1), 2013 (w2), 2014! (w2), 2015!! (w2), 2016 (w2), 2017 (w2), 2018 (w2)...

this wasn't "at coachella" but... i was at the grizzly bear show @ the moroccan lounge, last night, and met flume at the bar. nice guy.
    RECENT/UPCOMING: 10/14 1975 @ LA Forum, 2/1 Run The Jewels @ Shrine, 2/9 Austra @ El Rey, 2/18 Air & Style, 2/24 Radio Dept @ Fonda, 3/12 Full Moon Party (Thailand), 4/8 Radiohead Seattle, 4/9 Radiohead Portland, 4/11 Radiohead Santa Barbara, 4/14 Coachella Wk1, 4/21 Coachella Wk2, 5/12 PJ Harvey @ Greek, 5/13 Conor Oberst @ Greek