Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VIP Tickets not worth it

Default VIP Tickets not worth it

I've been coming to Coachella for several years now and I have normally purchased the general admission entrance. As a person who loves a whole variety of music Coachella is a great opportunity for me to sample a whole plethora of bands and types of music which I otherwise would never have gone to see or for that matter even heard of. Coachella allows me to expand my experiences with different types of music. The format of having bands basically staggered is a good one, but I've found myself in the past having to leave one band or come in late to another band. So this year I figured I would invest the money and purchase the VIP wristband to allow me to not have to fight the crowds and just walk up to the front area that is sectioned off (for what I thought was VIP). I figured this would allow me to come to a venue late and still be able to experience the performance up front and personal while out fighting the crowds. Well that is absolutely not true.

Basically all the VIP gets you are two areas one near the main stage and the other at the other end of the park past the Sahara Tent. There are some speciality food venders and purportedly cleaner bathrooms and less crowds. First off the food venders that they do provide really aren't a value add because the venders they have to the general public are all pretty good anyway, and provide great variety. In fact the few venders in the VIP area were so esoteric that it wasn't worth the extra $400+. The bathrooms were no cleaner than the general admissions area. Yes they were less crowded, but these are port-a-potties you can only do so much to make the experience better, so when its all said and done you are having the same experience. That is it! That is all you get extra. The whole purpose of my coming to Coachella Fest is for the music first and foremost and almost exclusively. I couldn't care less about the food and the food they provide to the general admission is pretty good anyway.

So all this is to say don't waste your money. You are paying over $400+ more for basically nothing. To tell you the truth I'm flabbergasted and feel cheated and that soured my experience this year. In EVERY SINGLE Hospitality around the world, when you pay more you get more. When I pay extra at a hotel I get a better room, better services, exclusive service, etc.. When I pay more for an airline ticket I get more for my flying (i.e. better seats, early boarding). When I pay more any thing in any industry I get more of what I specifically am there for. When I pay more at Coachella I don't get more for my music.

What is sad is that it wouldn't take much. Just allow people access to those area's. When the lines to get in the festival grounds get long, open up one or two exclusive lines for the VIP. Once the lines go down then there is no need for them, the VIP can enter with everybody else. Some people are willing to and have the means to pay more for more service, so if you have to make it extra options I understand. I mean you already do that for VIP parking, that is extra and not included as part of the VIP admission, so why not up front access.

All this is to say, save your money. Don't pay for a VIP ticket because it is not worth it AT ALL. Just purchase the general admissions and you can spend the money you save to buy more food and drinks that is the same thing the VIP's get in the VIP section, and when you're dancing at the different venue's just note that you'll have a VIP person standing next to you because they don't get any extra perks when it comes to the music, which is why people come from all over the world to Coachella.

Default Re: VIP Tickets not worth it

Any searching beforehand would have saved you alot of money. Won VIP last year, only upside is the flushable toilets in the rose garden vip area, but now since they built new toilets this year that isnt a perk anymore. Though the maine lobster truck was vip only last year which was sad until samsung hooked me up
    2014 Wk1 , 2015 Wk2

Quote Originally Posted by M0D3Z View Post
    Would really make Hell a less enjoyable place. I want to be able to see Satan as he tortures me.

<go fuck yourself, OP>

you've been coming to Coachella for years, yet you couldn't tell what the VIP amenities are when you purchased the passes? try reading about what the privileges are, you dimwit.

you won't find sympathy here due to your ineptitude. instead, accept responsibility for what you purchased since, you know, it was your decision to buy the pass.

</go fuck yourself, OP>
    Last edited by nine day brawl; 04-11-2015 at 10:23 PM.

Hahaha. You are an idiot.

Sorry but a simple Google search and/or reading the Coachella.com info about what VIP actually entails would have prevented your disappointment. Everyone knows VIP is a joke.

you should google google

what about the shade, people watching, quick entry, and full bar?
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    Passion Pit drew the biggest congregation of white people that couldn't dance that I've ever seen.

And this is why people find it very hard to sell their unwanted VIP passes. My friends got a couple for $300 last year because they are basically the same damn thing.

If you have to pay for VIP you are not truly VIP. The guest areas at the front of the states are for the real VIPs, no way for general public to buy their way in unless you get the safari package.

old school

They sell roughly 10,000-12,000 of them each weekend. What perks do you realistically expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Hayleymoo View Post
    There is shade everywhere.
    Why pay that amount of money to go to a festival and watch people, as opposed to, oh, I don't know...music?
    The lines at the entrances are almost non existent
    There are full bars available in the regular GA area
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyInHeaven View Post
    Devin - how does it feel to know that there are still more women in the world that would fuck me at this very moment than would fuck you?

If anyone can buy it, it's not really VIP.

Coachella needs to work on the perks of VIP

Or people can change their attitude and not need to feel more important than others just because they paid more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiohead View Post
    If anyone can buy it, it's not really VIP.
    This.

Check, check, check, and check. All with a GA pass. OP is a dumbass.
    Anything is possible...

Quote Originally Posted by lovemusic4life View Post
    Coachella needs to work on the perks of VIP
    no. you can go fuck yourself, too.

Coachella VIP's = Very Irritating/Irrational/Idiotic Persons.
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
    a cunt punt is always the best solution to cure someone of their bitchassness
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    You can't go in until late on the first day because you can't hang?
    You giant pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by ELIZA83TH View Post
    Coachella VIP's = Very Irritating/Irrational/Idiotic Persons.
    what the hell are you blabbing about now?

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Consistently our dumbest board member.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

WE have gone VIP for the past two years strictly for fast entry. Three years ago we missed bands because we were stuck outside for two hours. I have gone every year since the first(GA) but that was it for us. VIP this year was not as good as last year- less food and the airconditioned Rose Garden bar was changed to an outdoor bar. And one other complaint-we take the shuttles and they make you walk way out of the way to get to the VIP entrance! One open gate would have solved that!

I bought VIP last year, had a reasonable idea of what to expect, and in the context of my own experience found it to be 100% worth it. Just comes down to how much you care about the extra $400 and what you expect to get out of it...

Does having it make you a "very important person"? lol, no.

VIP is nice, but in no way worth spending that kind of money.

Primavera VIP has way better perks and costs $600 less.
    5/21 Jennylee @ Getty, 6/1-5 Primavera Sound, 6/7-8 Chelsea Wolfe @ Teragram Ballroom, 6/18 Moses Sumney @ The Getty, 6/19 Beth Orton, Emmy the Great @ Teragram Ballroom, 7/7 Mitski @ The Echo, 8/4 Radiohead @ Shrine Auditorium, 8/7 Sufjan Stevens @ Hollywood Bowl, 8/27-28 FYF Fest, 9/24 Music Tastes Good, 9/25 Lush @ Fonda

Always appreciate the resurrection of funny old threads that my lurker ass misses the first time around.

Quote Originally Posted by amma_sol View Post
    And this is why people find it very hard to sell their unwanted VIP passes. My friends got a couple for $300 last year because they are basically the same damn thing.
    Not sure what you're talking about, I sold my VIPs this year for a tidy profit, you just gotta get out before the market tank (even prices on Stubhub right now would still get you at least $150 after fees)...and for all of the reasons listed here it was a guilt-free scalping experience. I don't think I could bring myself to do it for GA.

/smugfest

Mesa, Az, Amsterdam and Antwerp when I can!

I've paid for them and gotten them free. Both times were fun, but I'd rather spend the money, on drinking, drugs, t-shirts and a very good time. The only real plus to VIP is maybe seeing a celebrity or two, if your into that kind of thing.
    99, 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11,12,13, 14, 15, 16
    Dancing In The Desert and Loving Every Minute of Coachella!

Check out my Coachella pictures at Flickr.com under AJVaughn.com. Other art work there also!
    There are multiple Coachella sets from previous years on Flickr if you follow the link below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanjvaughn/sets

Quote Originally Posted by artisticcreator View Post
    I've paid for them and gotten them free. Both times were fun, but I'd rather spend the money, on drinking, drugs, t-shirts and a very good time. The only real plus to VIP is maybe seeing a celebrity or two, if your into that kind of thing.
    Over the last four Coachellas, I've never run into a celebrity in any "VIP" area, so I can't imagine it's too common to do so.

I, generally, agree that VIP passes add very little value to the Coachella experience.
    Even though I look like one, I'm not a cop.

Coachella 10, 12.1, 13.1, 14.2, 15.1, 16.2
    SXSW 14
    Lalapalooza 94

If you're in the front in VIP prepare to NOD YOUR HEAD OFF to you're favorite songs. If you're in the front in GA PREPARE TO JUMP YOUR ASS OFF!

old school

Quote Originally Posted by artisticcreator View Post
    The only real plus to VIP is maybe seeing a celebrity or two, if your into that kind of thing.
    You can do that with regular GA as well. Especially if you know what the different wristbands look like.

On the Coachella boards, people are so judgmental and mean. But at the festival, people are so nice and welcoming. Do you guys not go to the actual festival? Or are you guys all talk on here but all smiles and hugs at the festival? Definitely confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by ayeyodanielle View Post
    On the Coachella boards, people are so judgmental and mean. But at the festival, people are so nice and welcoming. Do you guys not go to the actual festival? Or are you guys all talk on here but all smiles and hugs at the festival? Definitely confusing.
    My hug level skyrockets at the festival.