Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bag or no bag?

Default Bag or no bag?

The last thing I want to deal with is a bag, but at the same time I'm worried about having enough water and snacks if I'm trying to keep a good spot in front of the main stage. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions either way?

Default Re: Bag or no bag?

i brought a backpack last year. it worked... but it was a pain in the ass at times. i'm going to go with a fanny pack this year.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

bring a medium size back pack and a camel pack

"Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    That looks comfortable haha.

I'm having the same dilemma also.

If you're gonna be in the Sahara a lot, no bag or opt for a fanny pack.

If not, then do whatever you want, cause gettin down in the Sahara is probably the most strenuous activity of Coachella and will require a lot of energy and motion (and you wont want a bag attached to you)

FOUR TET. HOT CHIP. SIMIAN MOBILE DISCO. BOOKA SHADE. LEE SCRATCH PERRY. BEACH HOUSE.

Richie Hawtin. James Blake. Loco Dice.

I kick it in the Sahara all day with a backpack. When I want to get my groove on, I just take my backpack off and put it on the ground right in front of me. It's not a big deal. Just watch out for my backpack so you dont trip over it, dick.
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Spamalot (7/31), HARD (8/1) 2001 Space Odyssey with LA Phil (8/12), Opeth (10/18), TOOL (10/31), Coachella 2016 (WK1), David Gilmour (Wherever I need to go)

Unhappy Re: Bag or no bag?

Quote Originally Posted by Caifan View Post
    bring a medium size back pack and a camel pack
    no camelbaks allowed in the festival?

WalMart has these waistpacks (aka fanny packs) that has a couple small pockets and a water bottle holder. I think it was only like $6. I don't remember. I may get one of those.

Always bring a bag. 2 years ago I rocked the Resident Evil 5 - Tricell messenger bag

It game with the game but god I love this bag and it's http://www.gamedealdaily.com/store/p...p?product=1275 only 7.99

Now last year I used those draw string bags, also works great. Bags are a must.
    COACHELLA 2017

DAFT PUNK... Ronald Jenkees! The Prodigy! Faithless! Groove Armada Live! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Quote Originally Posted by aonak89 View Post
    no camelbaks allowed in the festival?
    you can bring a camelbak in but it probably will need to be empty, they have fountains inside you can fill it up with.
    COACHELLA 2017

DAFT PUNK... Ronald Jenkees! The Prodigy! Faithless! Groove Armada Live! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Lurker

locker.
    the day we stop learning is the day we die..

COACHELLA 07.08.09.10.11.

Easy answer...locker.

Backpacks just don't work...people are just too crowded and it's too hot. Dancing around with a backpack is going to be a pain for you and the people around.

Take a backpack...and put it in a locker.

We paid a group who had a locker last year to put our clothes in there and meet us at 6pm. It worked out well....but this year we got our own.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Pros: a convenient place to keep all of your stuff, especially if you are going with a group; no over-loaded pockets; can double as a pillow if/when you want to lay down.

Cons: if you wear it on your back while watching a set it will constantly be ran into by people behind you, causing you to spin around in semi-circles (this is especially true when it is crowded); if you put it on the ground, regardless of whether it is between your legs or not, at least three people each day will kick it because nobody looks where they are walking (this is especially true at night).

If you can put up with the cons, backpacks are the way to go. This year, to minimize bulk, I will be using one of those "string" backpacks (something like this, but far less fancy):

Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    poor spook poop

fanny pack is the way to go

Bags = longer security lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

I thought this thread was going to be about safe sex.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I always wear a backpack. Makes my life at Coachella much simpler. In really crowdd situaitons I just take it off and place it between my feet.

I like the idea of a locker, but I don't like the prospect of having to drop everything and go to it when I need something. the days at Coachella can be quite the time crunch.
    last.fm
    8/7/16 - Sufjan Stevens @ Hollywood Bowl // 8/8/16 - Radiohead @ Shrine // 8/8/16 - Boris @ Regent
    9/14/16 - Wilco @ Theatre at Ace Hotel // 9/18/16 - Kraftwerk @ Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    I thought this thread was going to be about safe sex.
    in that case....wear a body bag or suffer the consequences....yuk
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Fanny pack doesn't hold enough. A light backpack holds my camera, towel, water bottles (especially with the 10-1 recycling thing returning), merchandise I come across, sun screen, glasses, acts as a nice pillow in the shade tents, can't go without it.

I keep telling myself I can do without a backpack to avoid the radical sweat marks, and to be more maneuverable in the crowds but end up getting a lot of use out of it on all 3 days. Especially with how crowded it is now, when you're watching a band you're gonna be pretty much stationary the whole set anyway so dropping the bag in front of your legs usually works fine as others have said.

Yeah, I had a locker in '08 and it didn't do me much good. I pretty much only went there once in the middle of each day to put on extra sunblock. Last year I tried to get by on cargo short pockets. I'm definitely carrying some kind of bag this year.

Gotta have a backpack. Those string packs are the way to go, they tighten right up to you aren't pressing up against your back, they're lightwieght and usually on the smaller side.
    1L☮e.

In 2009 I had a fanny pack, but one night I was really fucked up and it was bothering me so I kept taking if off and throwing it at my feet. Then my friend made fun of me because "that's not how fanny packs work."
    Last year I had a drawstring, but when you're fucked up and all of your stuff is in one compartment it's pretty hard to find. My friend had one too and he would dump all his stuff on the ground until he found what he was looking for, and then would walk away accidentally leaving half of his stuff on the ground (including his cellphone at one point).
    This year I'm bringing a camelbak. I wish I could go bagless but it's impossible. As a girl when you're wearing a tank top and shorts it's not like you have much pocket space, or any at all.
    I have had a slight problem with it in crowds when people are pissed that it's pressing against them, but I think it's better than some shirtless dude drenched in sweat rubbing up all over you. Plus if people are really that pissed then they shouldn't be in the middle of the crowd.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    Yeah, I had a locker in '08 and it didn't do me much good. I pretty much only went there once in the middle of each day to put on extra sunblock. Last year I tried to get by on cargo short pockets. I'm definitely carrying some kind of bag this year.
    I like using a backpack as a way to not have anything in my pockets. i hate the feeling of a bunch of stuff slapping against my legs all day as I walk around a lot. I feel lighter, more comfortable, and more mobile with a small backpack on
    last.fm
    8/7/16 - Sufjan Stevens @ Hollywood Bowl // 8/8/16 - Radiohead @ Shrine // 8/8/16 - Boris @ Regent
    9/14/16 - Wilco @ Theatre at Ace Hotel // 9/18/16 - Kraftwerk @ Hollywood Bowl

I don't know how I would get by without a backpack

In case of emergencies, go with the tea bag.

I'm working on constructing a Velcro outfit with attachments for my accessories and necessities. No doubt, I'll be the person who looks like she's doing the Macarena every time she wants a cigarette.
    "Who is this doing this synthetic type of Alpha Beta psychedelic funkin'?"
    CHEMICAL BROTHERS

Alright, I've been avoiding it but I guess I'll finally ask my noob question. Since I have no idea exactly how big the festival grounds are, are the lockers within reasonable walking distance from the tents/stages to make a few trips back and forth each day? My plan is to bring a backpack in but just keep it locked up all day and come get things out of it as I need them.

since i will have the rv this year the only bag i'm bringing in is the one between my legs...

Quote Originally Posted by SSFCPea View Post
    Alright, I've been avoiding it but I guess I'll finally ask my noob question. Since I have no idea exactly how big the festival grounds are, are the lockers within reasonable walking distance from the tents/stages to make a few trips back and forth each day? My plan is to bring a backpack in but just keep it locked up all day and come get things out of it as I need them.
    I rented a locker this year also. I would like to know the answer to this too (where the lockers are located)