Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 303132333435
Results 1,021 to 1,038 of 1038

Thread: Bjork is back (with a 30ft pendulum)

Default Re: Bjork is back (with a 30ft pendulum)

I love how Bjork continues to be crazy and awesome. It means that all is right in the world, even if she caused the tsunami with her latest project.

Happy Friday! Let's watch this essential Bjork documentary....

Two or even three of the Sugarcubes were probably the most promising poets or writers of Iceland’s new generation. And they were finding themselves… They hadn’t written a letter for two years… because they were doing soundchecks in like Texas and Alabama and playing doing guitar solos. Which is kinda funny. I mean, it is funny. But it’s only funny for so long, you know.

9/25 Jon Hopkins @ BK Steel
    9/27 Neil Young @ Capitol Theatre
    9/28 Bonobo @ Output
    9/29 Anthony Parasole/Claro Intelecto/Developer/Antenes @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

deeper into the lake : feast your eyes on autodesk's new 'making of black lake' video

http://thecreatorsproject.vice.com/b...ive-black-lake

9/28 Bonobo @ Output

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Bjork + Arca =

B: I’m writing my next thing. I’m still allowing myself to be a submarine; I don’t totally have the view of it yet. It’s funny, each album is different for me. Like, what comes first? With this one it’s maybe the melodies. This is very abstract, but the melodies have a similar kind of shape. But it’s really early on, and I don’t even know if I should say, but I have got three songs down with Alejandro [Ghersi, AKA Arca], who I worked with on the last album [Vulnicura]. The last album, we sort of call it “hell” – it was like divorce! So we are doing paradise now. Utopia. We have done hell, we have earned some points.
    http://www.anothermag.com/fashion-be...nd-julia-davis

9/28 Bonobo @ Output

BJÖRK EXPLAINS MINIMALIST MUSIC IN A 1997 DOCUMENTARY...

9/28 Bonobo @ Output

More tour dates!

well hello ,

and welcome back to the bjork.com newsletter . a brief blast of unfiltered news for you this time : BJÖRK DIGITAL IS COMING TO EUROPE , AND BJÖRK IS PLAYING ROYAL ALBERT HALL ! it's official ! it will be her first live show this year , her first in england since 2013 and her first at the royal albert hall since 2003 . the memories . oh , the memories .

and here's the special part , the one where we tell you about the deluxe treatment you're getting : the tickets don't actually go on sale to the public until friday july 22 , but because we love you so much , you can in fact pre-order your ticket right now if you're feeling frisky . go for it !

the exhibition , on the other hand , will be held in london's venerable somerset house . it starts on september 1 and runs for nearly two months , or until october 23 .

björk is proud to have once called london home , and part of her will always remain in the old city . we hope to see you all there .

be well , and stay safe ,

bjork.com

9/28 Bonobo @ Output

I had a magical time at Day For Night. Arriving in that fog heavy on the city was killer on Friday night. Slid in a little late for Björk's dj set, but just in time for it to get "good" according to others. Too short of a set, I said.
    I got lucky and had reservations for the 10pm slot for the Björk Digital experience. The staff said her VR thing would take approximately 80 minutes to go through, to my delight. I thought it was cut to 20 minutes because of the slots... we were there for over 2 hours, and I could have just lived in there all week. I cried in every headset. I asked all the questions. I accidentally got up and danced and knocked other people when I wasn't supposed to. I am not sorry. One of the staff organizers said that the "creators" came by to check me out, because I had the most response out of anyone they'd seen and took pictures of me. Ha! I hope they meant Bjork herself. I can't express how incredibly beautiful it was. I wish the headphones were louder. I wanted it to be as sonically eruptive as it was visually and emotionally. I had a great time nerding out about it with some of you. Cheers, buds.

BJÖRK Dj set on Sunday: Story time told by a nature alien in a blobby dress with same fern gully dj set up as Friday. I answered her nature calls, I wept with her references to our planet being destroyed, gasped at the ironies and danced when she moved me. Up close, I could only see the left side of everything, but I saw her face the whole time between planter pots and she was so expressive. Smiling, raging, angry, laughing and playful all at once. I loved the beginning when she played these weird chirping noises and people perked up like meerkats at attention as if to shake us and play with us. I gladly played along. This is what I've been waiting for my whole life. I couldn't be happier. The highlight? Easy. Chopped up Mutual Core into this booming bass that went into a contrasting showtune and glossy pop songs. Her story came with a choose your own adventure. You choose how you feel and act with what's going on around you... and believe me there was a full range of emotions with the people around not quite knowing what to do. Confusion, desperation, bliss, and a lot of indifference. I was on the euphoric yet awake area on that spectrum. She's a fucking genius. It was a crazy story she told and I'll never forget it.

3/29 Auditorio Nacional, Mexico City

9/28 Bonobo @ Output

9/28 Bonobo @ Output

Bjork digital was really cool

9/28 Bonobo @ Output

!!!

i am so overwhelmingly humble while announcing my album utopia is coming out end of nov . i can´t wait for you to hear it . this is the cover made by the warm extraordinary talented jesse kanda and was assisted by me , james merry and hungry . thank you for telepathically getting me !! over the moon and jupiter gratitudes to magical arca for making the music of this album with me : what a profound and nourishing trip this has been !!! thousandfold appreciation and headbowing . hope you like it , warmth , björk

bjork.lnk.to/utopia

9/28 Bonobo @ Output

END OF NOVEMBER FOR BJORK ALBUM. for those unwilling to read all her weird ramblings.
    I miss talking to TomAz.

We all do. I live in the same city as him (unless he relocated) and rumor has it that at 3:15am if you listen closely and its really really quiet you can hear him telling you to go fuck yourself.

Björk: ‘People miss the jokes. A lot of it is me taking the piss out of myself’

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...miss-the-jokes

9/28 Bonobo @ Output

2LP+ - Rough Trade Exclusive. Only Coloured vinyl version in the world. Limited to 5000 Copies. Double Heavyweight Peach Vinyl housed in Gatefold Sleeve with Download.

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/music/bjork

9/28 Bonobo @ Output

Bjork is a cold, cold mistress.
    I miss talking to TomAz.

We all do. I live in the same city as him (unless he relocated) and rumor has it that at 3:15am if you listen closely and its really really quiet you can hear him telling you to go fuck yourself.

I mean...5,000? only?
    I miss talking to TomAz.

9/28 Bonobo @ Output