Page 22 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotek View Post
    Don't you dare compare Pete Heller and Cassius to Skrillex.
    No, you got it wrong. I was responding to a quote by Reid Speed put up by someone in here. In no way was I comparing anyone to Skrillex.

“The U.S. took everything the U.K. did and pumped it full of steroids and bass,” states Speed. “‘Brostep’ is the derogatory name for it—all testosterone. But that’s what the kids want to hear. They want the filth, the LFO wobbles, the crazy synths and basslines. That’s where we’re pigeonholed, that’s what we’re known for, and that’s cool.”
    Europeans did something similar to house, just without the bass and adding a whole shitload more cheese. Just listen to UK Hard House/Nu-NRG tracks from the early 2000's. They sound nothing like what house music was before that.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    And to be fair to fikus, violent strangulation is one of his better qualities.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Being dead is literally the only way anyone on the planet could give less of a shit about you. You look like Farrah Fawcett's melted corpse.

Quote Originally Posted by 303dubbin View Post

HA!

aaronbk

haha oh wow^

the only difference here... one's a cheap knockoff and the other's a 16 year old girl, you decide which is which.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomboclat View Post
    Sometimes you just reach that level where the only thing that makes sense is to get buck naked.

Quote Originally Posted by thetello View Post
    fyi, wobble girl's backing music is the prodigy's "take me to the hospital" (remixed by rusko)

so yea... good job making everyone's point. skrillex fans are musically oblivious.
    I'm glad I encompassed everyone's point in that one statement. Pshh... I must be pretty amazing

Note: I'm sorry dancing like a retarded girl having a seizure is not fun for you. Good day sir.
    2010 * 2011 * 2012.1 * 2013.2

Quote Originally Posted by rjadams90 View Post
    I'm glad I encompassed everyone's point in that one statement. Pshh... I must be pretty amazing

Note: I'm sorry dancing like a retarded girl having a seizure is not fun for you. Good day sir.
    First off wobble girl is fake... Second if you actually like skrillex you deserve to get her fake disease.
    December 11: Flavors 8 w/ JROCC and DJ Spinna @ Echoplex
    December 18: Muse w/ Phantogram @ Staples Center
    February 26: Diane Coffee @ The Echo
    March 24: David Gilmour @ Hollywood Bowl

she has something in common with skrillex, both are frauds. sucks you bought into them both...

http://www.plurlife.com/forum/genera...ured-hoax.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomboclat View Post
    Sometimes you just reach that level where the only thing that makes sense is to get buck naked.

its called space, dude-and we're goin there

Quote Originally Posted by ELPOLLOLOCO View Post
    yep i'd hit it......

Funny all of these people talking shit on Skrillex. Why do you even care? No one is forcing you to attend his set. There will probably be 3 or 4 other acts to catch.

I'll probably hit up his set though. Will most likely be a wild party.
    U MAD?

Quote Originally Posted by darksideofkaos. View Post
    First off wobble girl is fake... Second if you actually like skrillex you deserve to get her fake disease.
    Why you mad tho?

Lol seriously tho, why does Skrillex bother Coachella forum board members so much? Most of the time when people don't like music they just stop listening to it. Skrillex seems to stir up a plethra of hate.

If you want to make fun of this, go a head. I'll reply with sarcasm or something irrelevant. But a critical analysis as to why you don't like his music would be appreciated.

Side note: I feel like new Kings Of Leon (last two cd's) turned rock and roll into crap. Is it sort of like that? Skrillex ruined dubstep for y'all?
    2010 * 2011 * 2012.1 * 2013.2

Side note: I feel like new Kings Of Leon (last two cd's) turned rock and roll into crap. Is it sort of like that? Skrillex ruined dubstep for y'all?
    I don't think it's that. I'm not hating on Skrillex, but it's just not my style. Too much noise going on. What I feel gets people hating on him is the fact that Skrillex really is an amazing producer, the only problem is he's doing it to make this 'music' that is nothing more than unrelenting noise for four minutes. The whole DJ part is another discussion.

Am I a Skrillex fan? Not really. Does his sound design and grasp of melody baffle and impress me? Yes.

Why you mad tho?

Lol seriously tho, why does Skrillex bother Coachella forum board members so much? Most of the time when people don't like music they just stop listening to it. Skrillex seems to stir up a plethra of hate.

If you want to make fun of this, go a head. I'll reply with sarcasm or something irrelevant. But a critical analysis as to why you don't like his music would be appreciated.

Besy way I can think to describe his music is it's filth for the sake of being filth. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for the music he makes and it seems as though hes riding the coat tails of mau5trap. He seems to be a bit of an egotistical prick seeing as he says his live set will be "life changing" when his dj sets havd consisted of him pressing play with little mixing involved. There's no denying that he has won the respect of many dubstep producers and that can't be taken away from him.

Why you mad tho?

Besy way I can think to describe his music is it's filth for the sake of being filth. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for the music he makes and it seems as though hes riding the coat tails of mau5trap. He seems to be a bit of an egotistical prick seeing as he says his live set will be "life changing" when his dj sets havd consisted of him pressing play with little mixing involved. There's no denying that he has won the respect of many dubstep producers and that can't be taken away from him.

Edit:
    In response to your comment about KOL, do I think Skrilex is ruining the dubstep genre? No, but he is taking it in a direction that I don't want to see it go. No one artist can ruin a genre of music... It's tough to call what Skrillex comes out with dubstep btw.

This board just has a mob mentality. His womps are no less annoying than Bassnectar or Datsik, or whichever artists (american or european) that relies on womps to get famous.

People will think I am a Skrillex fan, but more so I like playing the Devils Advocate on these boards. Mutha fuckas already hate me on these boards, so at this point i might as well clown.
    Last edited by juloxx; 04-06-2011 at 07:46 AM.
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Quote Originally Posted by darksideofkaos. View Post
    He seems to be a bit of an egotistical prick seeing as he says his live set will be "life changing" when his dj sets havd consisted of him pressing play with little mixing involved. There's no denying that he has won the respect of many dubstep producers and that can't be taken away from him.
    In his defense, he didn't directly make that claim.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Oh, look at that - he made the theme for the Mortal Kombat character Reptile for the upcoming reboot of the game.

http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/M...y_the_Warriors

Why you mad tho?

I just don't like much dubstep to begin with and Skrillex is the bottom of the dubstep barrell. I am open to accepting a dubstep artist if they are appealling to my ears, but instead, Skrillex virtually takes an ice pick and jams it in my ear with his music. He is awful. Just awful.
    Being dead is literally the only way anyone on the planet could give less of a shit about you. You look like Farrah Fawcett's melted corpse.

Quote Originally Posted by EmLeaux View Post
    Oh, look at that - he made the theme for the Mortal Kombat character Reptile for the upcoming reboot of the game.
    Back when I was a kid it was the old "Reptiles Theme" that got me into electronic music. It was the OST for the original MK movie and it was the first CD I ever got. Ha, no matter what, this psy trance song will always have a place in my heart....

G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

EXCELLENT!
    Liu Kang
    Raiden
    Johnny Cage
    Scorpion
    Sub-Zero
    Sonya
    MORTAL KOMBAT!
    FIGHT!

Personally i don't know exactly what it is about him, or maybe it's just everything about him, that just stirs up so much dislike.... Normally i would just ignore music i don't like without any emotional anything, as i do so frequently with any music i dislike.... But THIS guy... man he pisses me off... i can't explain why he causes this reaction in me when other artists i dislike i just ignore and forget about. Maybe it has something to do with a mixture of horrible "music"/his "fans"/his personality(from what i've seen)/his terrible mixing, either way all that matters is that he does bring up these feelings and so i will continue to hate on him openly.

Quote Originally Posted by fredbull View Post
    Personally i don't know exactly what it is about him, or maybe it's just everything about him, that just stirs up so much dislike.... Normally i would just ignore music i don't like without any emotional anything, as i do so frequently with any music i dislike.... But THIS guy... man he pisses me off... i can't explain why he causes this reaction in me when other artists i dislike i just ignore and forget about. Maybe it has something to do with a mixture of horrible "music"/his "fans"/his personality(from what i've seen)/his terrible mixing, either way all that matters is that he does bring up these feelings and so i will continue to hate on him openly.
    Hmm, sounds like the same "logic" conservatives use to explain their hatred for homosexuals.

Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Back when I was a kid it was the old "Reptiles Theme" that got me into electronic music. It was the OST for the original MK movie and it was the first CD I ever got. Ha, no matter what, this psy trance song will always have a place in my heart....

well duh, juno reactor >>>>>>>>>>> skrillex.

although i do like the newer reptile theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by SSFCPea View Post
    Hmm, sounds like the same "logic" conservatives use to explain their hatred for homosexuals.
    Jesus Christ..... If that's the first comparison you can conjure up then that shows where your mind is to begin with. Just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    well duh, juno reactor >>>>>>>>>>> skrillex.

although i do like the newer reptile theme.
    Which begs the question, why hasn't Juno Reactor played Coachella?

Quote Originally Posted by SSFCPea View Post
    That might be true if i was talking about dubstep as a whole... which i do not hate.. in fact i am quite fond of a lot of dubstep... This would be akin, in your logic, to the hating of ONE homosexual, which is no different than the hatred of any ONE other person. Did I say i was right in thinking this way? or that i am somehow better than anyone for thinking this way? or that my opinion is better than anyone elses? Most "conservatives" of which you speak of do believe these things. I don't i merely made a statement of MY beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Which begs the question, why hasn't Juno Reactor played Coachella?
    this is about as good a question as "seriously though, why hasn't underworld played coachella in like 8 years?"

i'd like answers to both.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Jesus Christ..... If that's the first comparison you can conjure up then that shows where your mind is to begin with. Just stop.
    I can't stand any blatent hatred without an explanation. Was the example extreme? Absolutely. Did he give the same pathetic excuse that anyone gives that has no rhyme or reason for their stance? Sure did. I have a great deal of respect for the people in this thread who can constructively explain why they dislike or even hate Skrillex, but the mob mentality and lack of common sense reasoning among the others is fucking sad.

Quote Originally Posted by fredbull View Post
    That might be true if i was talking about dubstep as a whole... which i do not hate.. in fact i am quite fond of a lot of dubstep... This would be akin, in your logic, to the hating of ONE homosexual, which is no different than the hatred of any ONE other person. Did I say i was right in thinking this way? or that i am somehow better than anyone for thinking this way? or that my opinion is better than anyone elses? Most "conservatives" of which you speak of do believe these things. I don't i merely made a statement of MY beliefs.
    Well put

I don't like this guy's music because I think that his womp-womp breakdowns are completely over the top and silly in the same way that I think over the top chug-chug breakdowns in hardcore are silly. I like certain electronic acts that are completely over the top, but this guy is unfortunately not one of them. I don't care if he only caters to idiots as some have claimed, and I really don't care about his implications of his success for the future of the dubstep scene, because I predict (probably incorrectly) that despite said success, he will ultimately be a footnote in the genre down the line. Just not my thing.