Page 74 of 89 FirstFirst ... 6970717273747576777879 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 2652

Thread: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

  1. #2191
    Member insbordnat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In a blazing inferno
    Posts
    1,915

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Haven't you ever heard of cut time D&B? That's what Skrillex is making, hence the award.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

  2. #2192
    Member ianM.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    101

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    Haven't you ever heard of cut time D&B? That's what Skrillex is making, hence the award.

    Jesus if you're going to call him out at least say it right - it's half step

  3. #2193
    Member insbordnat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In a blazing inferno
    Posts
    1,915

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Jesus if you don't understand humo(u)r at least piss off
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

  4. #2194
    old school heyeric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    3,080

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    let this thread BURN ALREADY!!!!!

  5. #2195
    Member Sensuality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    751

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Quote Originally Posted by heyeric View Post
    let this thread BURN ALREADY!!!!!
    This is one of the greatest threads in the history of all forums. Don't insult it.

    Go die.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"

  6. #2196

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    SCHRILLECKS!!!

  7. #2197

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Commence haterade: http://pitchfork.com/features/interviews/8798-skrillex/

    P4K interview with schrillecks.

  8. #2198
    old school ocbruin84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,024

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Expect this guy on the 2nd line or higher at next year's Coachella or the year after.

  9. #2199
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    25,953

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    "Okay."

    4/24-26: Stagecoach
    5/1: Giegling Showcase @ Oakland
    5/2: Sleater-Kinney @ The Masonic
    5/3: Four Tet B2B Floating Points @ Public Works
    5/28: Refused, White Lung @ GAMH
    5/30: Neutral Milk Hotel @ Pappy & Harriet's
    6/2: Kiasmos ft. Olafur Arnalds, Rival Consoles @ The Independent

  10. #2200
    old school SepaGroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    3,254

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Quote Originally Posted by weezy f baby View Post
    Commence haterade: http://pitchfork.com/features/interviews/8798-skrillex/

    P4K interview with schrillecks.
    I just read the interview and I have to say, I don't hate Sonny Moore.

  11. #2201
    Member involvelemons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    People hating on Skrillex is like little kids hating on Justin Bieber when they secretly love it.

    He's not my go-to guy for srs music time, but at least he's not trying to be something he's not. Same with JBiebs. I say fuck it, let them do their thing.
    1 Coachella before I got sober, 7 since. I support both versions. If you wanna do the sober version, roll with us:
    Click Soberchella 2013 for meeting details
    -------------------------------

  12. #2202
    Member bobchella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,769

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    People hating on Skrillex is like little kids hating on Justin Bieber when they secretly love it.

    He's not my go-to guy for srs music time, but at least he's not trying to be something he's not. Same with JBiebs. I say fuck it, let them do their thing.
    GTFO of Chicago. You're not wanted.

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut Up Forever Almost All of You.

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    The odds of a TH reunion are about the same as the odds of all you goddamn morons disappearing from here forever.
    SEE YOU AT WEEKEND ONE!

  13. #2203
    Member involvelemons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Quote Originally Posted by bobchella View Post
    GTFO of Chicago. You're not wanted.
    Hahahahaha aw hellll naw. Me and Chi are juuust fine.
    Thought you wuz my boy, Bob?

    1 Coachella before I got sober, 7 since. I support both versions. If you wanna do the sober version, roll with us:
    Click Soberchella 2013 for meeting details
    -------------------------------

  14. #2204
    Coachella Junkie greghead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    6,253

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    I stopped when he said DJing was really easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    No Taj Mahal or Ry Cooder? Fuck this thread.

  15. #2205

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    I stopped when he said DJing was really easy.
    Then you missed the part where he said, "There have been a couple times where I've been so proud of what I've done live, like I feel like I've given someone the same kind of feeling I got at that Daft Punk show. And that feels so good."

    Haha, the second I read that I came to these forums to see the reactions. Honestly, he does seem like a pretty nice guy who's just doing what he loves. And I'd be interested to hear some of this dark techno and reggae influenced stuff he has.

  16. #2206
    Member bobchella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,769

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    ITT: Cancer

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut Up Forever Almost All of You.

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    The odds of a TH reunion are about the same as the odds of all you goddamn morons disappearing from here forever.
    SEE YOU AT WEEKEND ONE!

  17. #2207
    Member involvelemons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    I was a professional DJ in LA from 2006-2010. I was really good at what I did, I made lots of money, and I was even internet famous for 30 seconds when a remix I did was on Palmsout and went viral. I love DJing and taught friends to do it.
    DJing is easy. You mad.
    Last edited by involvelemons; 03-28-2012 at 12:19 PM.
    1 Coachella before I got sober, 7 since. I support both versions. If you wanna do the sober version, roll with us:
    Click Soberchella 2013 for meeting details
    -------------------------------

  18. #2208
    Member D,,d)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    OCish
    Posts
    64

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Aphex Twin's electro-ballad "Flim" is your favorite song ever....

    LOL Flim is my ringtone!!!
    "Im going to party like its on sale for $19.99"

  19. #2209
    Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    9,970

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    I was a professional DJ in LA from 2006-2010. I was really good at what I did, I made lots of money, and I was even internet famous for 30 seconds when a remix I did was on Palmsout and went viral. I love DJing and taught friends to do it.
    DJing is easy. You mad.
    clearly you were just about to break out. care to share with us some of your "work?"

    April 25 - Inter Arma
    April 27 - The Body & Full of Hell
    May 1 - Sleep
    May 8-10 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 15-17 - Psycho California
    June 6 - The Rolling Stones
    June 10 - Melvins
    June 20 - Blur
    June 24-28 - Glastonbury
    July 18 - Death Grips?
    July 19 - Smashing Pumpkins/Marilyn Manson
    July 26 - Faith No More

  20. #2210

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    I second the motion.

    Put up or shut up.

  21. #2211
    Coachella Junkie greghead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    6,253

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    I was a professional DJ in LA from 2006-2010. I was really good at what I did, I made lots of money, and I was even internet famous for 30 seconds when a remix I did was on Palmsout and went viral.
    Prove it.

    We're going to need your DJ moniker and links to some of your mixes.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    No Taj Mahal or Ry Cooder? Fuck this thread.

  22. #2212
    Nick o
    Guest

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    He's not my go-to guy for srs music time, but at least he's not trying to be something he's not. Same with JBiebs. I say fuck it, let them do their thing.
    uhhh...how about trying to be a DJ when he isnt? the guy asks to be booked for a show over 300 days a year yet he is absolutely AWFUL at mixing DESPITE using ableton and he plays the same set over and over again. how is this not pretending to be something he isnt? a DJ doesnt do that shit..he could at least be like deadmau5 and say hes not really a DJ..btw go listen to his set from ultra where he tries to use CDJ's he layers songs ontop of each other that sound absolutely GARBAGE

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero23 View Post
    Then you missed the part where he said, "There have been a couple times where I've been so proud of what I've done live, like I feel like I've given someone the same kind of feeling I got at that Daft Punk show. And that feels so good."
    now hes comparing his "live" performances and the experiences it gives the crowd to daft punk's? wow this is just priceless

  23. #2213
    Member involvelemons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Haha I got y'all so mad.

    I was a party DJ and didn't play clubs, so don't go looking for those. I DJ'd under my name, Joseph Guisti. I played for a lot of different type of crowds. I played the Smell, Pehrspace (google Pehrspace lovetongueattack), I DJ'd a few parties for Disney International CEO Andy Bird (and gave his teenage son DJ lessons!), and I played a lot of mainstream-y backyard parties for hollywood industry types.

    Like everyone else, I dick around with stuff in Ableton and added a shitty bmore break to Radiohead's Reckoner to make it easier to play out live. People liked it. Here is a link to Kissy Sellout dropping it in a BBC mix: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/innewdjs...shtml?20071221
    I used to do shitty remixes and post them as Lovetongueattack. You can find my current stuff at soundcloud/rarelicense. I go by L!cense now, and barely work on stuff because I'm a PhD student in the sociology department at Northwestern with full-ride funding a.k.a. I have a life. If you want to have a conversation like an adult with self respect and dignity, we can meet up at Coachella and talk about music production, playing shows live, and...I might even teach you how to DJ. It's easy

    Some people go out and do shit and encourage other people to do it, and some people sit around talking about how what they do is sooooo intense and no one else could possible do it. Hate on, haterzzzzz
    1 Coachella before I got sober, 7 since. I support both versions. If you wanna do the sober version, roll with us:
    Click Soberchella 2013 for meeting details
    -------------------------------

  24. #2214
    Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    9,970

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    hey bro,


































































































































    cool story

    April 25 - Inter Arma
    April 27 - The Body & Full of Hell
    May 1 - Sleep
    May 8-10 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 15-17 - Psycho California
    June 6 - The Rolling Stones
    June 10 - Melvins
    June 20 - Blur
    June 24-28 - Glastonbury
    July 18 - Death Grips?
    July 19 - Smashing Pumpkins/Marilyn Manson
    July 26 - Faith No More

  25. #2215
    Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country
    Posts
    16,596

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Haha I got y'all so mad.

    I was a party DJ and didn't play clubs, so don't go looking for those. I DJ'd under my name, Joseph Guisti. I played for a lot of different type of crowds. I played the Smell, Pehrspace (google Pehrspace lovetongueattack), I DJ'd a few parties for Disney International CEO Andy Bird (and gave his teenage son DJ lessons!), and I played a lot of mainstream-y backyard parties for hollywood industry types.

    Like everyone else, I dick around with stuff in Ableton and added a shitty bmore break to Radiohead's Reckoner to make it easier to play out live. People liked it. Here is a link to Kissy Sellout dropping it in a BBC mix: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/innewdjs...shtml?20071221
    I used to do shitty remixes and post them as Lovetongueattack. You can find my current stuff at soundcloud/rarelicense. I go by L!cense now, and barely work on stuff because I'm a PhD student in the sociology department at Northwestern with full-ride funding a.k.a. I have a life. If you want to have a conversation like an adult with self respect and dignity, we can meet up at Coachella and talk about music production, playing shows live, and...I might even teach you how to DJ. It's easy

    Some people go out and do shit and encourage other people to do it, and some people sit around talking about how what they do is sooooo intense and no one else could possible do it. Hate on, haterzzzzz
    Have you considered posting this in the Who Gives A Shit? Thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

  26. #2216
    old school Goatchella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,798

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Please change your crass avi you pile of shit

  27. #2217

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick o View Post
    uhhh...how about trying to be a DJ when he isnt? the guy asks to be booked for a show over 300 days a year yet he is absolutely AWFUL at mixing DESPITE using ableton and he plays the same set over and over again.
    Yo. Go play 300 gigs in a year and then come back and tell us how easy it was. That shit is hard. It's physically taxing on the body. Nevermind coming up with 300 unique sets. ***** please. After 300 gigs I would be a repeat set offender too.

    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Haha I got y'all so mad.

    I was a party DJ and didn't play clubs, so don't go looking for those. I DJ'd under my name, Joseph Guisti. I played for a lot of different type of crowds. I played the Smell, Pehrspace (google Pehrspace lovetongueattack), I DJ'd a few parties for Disney International CEO Andy Bird (and gave his teenage son DJ lessons!), and I played a lot of mainstream-y backyard parties for hollywood industry types.

    Like everyone else, I dick around with stuff in Ableton and added a shitty bmore break to Radiohead's Reckoner to make it easier to play out live. People liked it. Here is a link to Kissy Sellout dropping it in a BBC mix: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/innewdjs...shtml?20071221
    I used to do shitty remixes and post them as Lovetongueattack. You can find my current stuff at soundcloud/rarelicense. I go by L!cense now, and barely work on stuff because I'm a PhD student in the sociology department at Northwestern with full-ride funding a.k.a. I have a life. If you want to have a conversation like an adult with self respect and dignity, we can meet up at Coachella and talk about music production, playing shows live, and...I might even teach you how to DJ. It's easy

    Some people go out and do shit and encourage other people to do it, and some people sit around talking about how what they do is sooooo intense and no one else could possible do it. Hate on, haterzzzzz
    I feel you fake DJ. Haters gonna hate. But stop humblebragging like we give a shit about your higher education.

  28. #2218
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duluth Minnesota
    Posts
    9,135

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    the 300 sets a year wouldn't be hard. It's like working 90 minutes a day 6 days a week. It'd be the traveling part that would get to me, although sitting first class and being in nice hotels wouldn't make things harder
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

  29. #2219
    old school Goatchella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,798

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Smoking grits and pressing play is hard. Stop giving me millions of dollars and undeserved respect. This is too hard

  30. #2220

    Default Re: I never realized how horrible Skrillex was until now

    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    the 300 sets a year wouldn't be hard. It's like working 90 minutes a day 6 days a week. It'd be the traveling part that would get to me, although sitting first class and being in nice hotels wouldn't make things harder
    sweet! then go do it! can't wait to hear your set at 2pm in the Sahara in 2 years.

Similar Threads

  1. after going to EDC i realized
    By Josesativa in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 02-18-2011, 02:10 PM
  2. ATCQ and Skrillex
    By syrinx32123 in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 12-29-2010, 11:48 AM
  3. Skrillex
    By JoExSaN in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-14-2010, 02:02 PM
  4. I just realized something . . .
    By subby33 in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-10-2010, 12:30 PM
  5. has anyone realized??
    By robotrock1382 in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-31-2007, 08:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •