Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't think we've seen the end of the Daft Punk rumors for this year

Default I don't think we've seen the end of the Daft Punk rumors for this year

discuss.

I'dDoItAllAgain

Default Re: I don't think we've seen the end of the Daft Punk rumors for this year

I guess there's always that chance, but I'd rather not get my hopes up for nothing...

Default Re: I don't think we've seen the end of the Daft Punk rumors for this year

Obviously! No Perry Farrell = additions coming
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

the daft punk rumours never end. they're like wayne's psycho hosebeast ex-girlfriend stacy in wayne's world. LIVE IN THE NOW
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

after the bullshit they pulled with phoenix...its certainly possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceArthur32 View Post
    what happens if someone makes a masturbation while i dancing so fast?
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Ohh are you laughing Lithium??! You are soooo cool. You know so much more than everyone else don't you? Nerd.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbellingham View Post
    Thanks for your comment, Major Asshole (Lithium )
    Quote Originally Posted by mb1234 View Post
    Why is this Lithium guy so pissy about everything

end it.

from billboard:
    "According to a source, Daft Punk were offered one of the headlining slots but declined because the group was simply not ready from a production standpoint to return to live performance."

http://www.billboard.com/events/arca...04139335.story

Yeah it's not happening guys

I'dDoItAllAgain

A guest-spot is not impossible. Them making a surprise full set probably is.

old school

Yeah but a Third Twin appearance is highly likely!
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    holy shit dude
    ^I earned this.^

"Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    Yeah but a Third Twin appearance is highly likely!
    Pretty much

ALL OF THE GOOD. GIVE ME ALL OF THE GOOD.

Coachella '04, '06, '09, '10, '11

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'dDoItAllAgain View Post
    A guest-spot is not impossible. Them making a surprise full set probably is.
    Bold statement. "Not impossible."

People need to quit thinking that Daft Punk is somehow cosmically linked to Coachella. They played one date (albeit the first date) of a massive world tour at Coachella. They also played about every other single festival. It's no more likely for them to "guest spot" at Coachella than it is at any other festival. So just stop. Just stop you buffoons.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

People need to quit thinking that Daft Punk is somehow cosmically linked to Coachella. They played one date (albeit the first date) of a massive world tour at Coachella. They also played about every other single festival. It's no more likely for them to "guest spot" at Coachella than it is at any other festival. So just stop. Just stop you buffoons.
    well, considering that its generally accepted that they were offered the spot, but turned it down, means that the people who thought DP were going to play weren't entirely off base.

the reason why it was the first date on their previous tour is because coachella is the kick-off of the summer festival season, so it would make sense that, if DP was going to tour this season (which they said they would), they would play at coachella.

there are a host of other reasons why coachella WOULD be the spot for a guest appearance (working relationship with kanye, thomas lives in los angeles, etc).

people are not buffoons because they might speculate on things. people who don't know the whole story and tell others they do, are.

Fine. Describe this "guest spot" as you envision it. How does it play out?
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Stronger closes out Kanye's set w/ DP then they play for 20 more minutes (without Kanye)

DAFT
    PUNK
    RUMORS
    ARE
    OVER

IF YOU WANT IT

Love and Peace from John and Yoko
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by tyler0js View Post
    Stronger closes out Kanye's set w/ DP then they play for 20 more minutes (without Kanye)
    So we get 2 guys that completely conceal their identities and could be (and have been) replaced by 2 body doubles and who also don't do anything discernible on stage for 25 minutes? Sounds fucking great.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    DAFT
    PUNK
    RUMORS
    ARE
    OVER

IF YOU WANT IT

Love and Peace from John and Yoko
    QFT

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tyler0js View Post
    This is retarded

April 24 - Queens of the Stone Age
    April 26-28 - Levitation

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    This is retarded
    They pulled that shit with Phoenix in MSG, so it wouldn't be that far of a stretch if they do it again for Kanye. But it's likely not to happen. If DP were to do Coachella again, they should go all out--no fucking bullshit guest spots and Third Twin bull.

They could have at least given us Neil Young.

PEOPLE........LET.IT.GO.

Quote Originally Posted by billypilgrimisunstuck View Post
    They pulled that shit with Phoenix in MSG, so it wouldn't be that far of a stretch if they do it again for Kanye. But it's likely not to happen. If DP were to do Coachella again, they should go all out--no fucking bullshit guest spots and Third Twin bull.

They could have at least given us Neil Young.
    That's an even better reason why they wouldn't do another "guest spot". They're not going to become a "band" that just starts showing up with other artists and pushing play on a track and then the band jams with the track.

That's an even better reason why they wouldn't do another "guest spot". They're not going to become a "band" that just starts showing up with other artists and pushing play on a track and then the band jams with the track.
    Agreed. And I don't know about y'all, but I wouldn't even want a guest appearance by them. I either want a full Daft Punk set or none at all.

April 26-28 - Levitation

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    DAFT
    PUNK
    WORK
    IS
    NEVER
    OVER

fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZachTheEskimo View Post
    You're Dumb.

a lot like this, but before he goes into "stronger." kanye uses a DJ for a lot of his show (think: a-trak) so they would definitely have a function up on stage. whether it would add anything musically is immaterial but its a safe bet that, even though there's a very slim chance and i dont expect it to happen, a daft punk/kanye west collab to close out coachella would have people talking.

yeah they'd talk about how daft punks spot was wasted by two hours of kanye

April 26-28 - Levitation

old school

One of them did an unbilled DJ set in 2009. Plus GV booked them in 1997 for west coast dates.

Do you hear rampant rumours of DF headlining any other festivals in 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    One of them did an unbilled DJ set in 2009.
    no one of them didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZachTheEskimo View Post
    You're Dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    One of them did an unbilled DJ set in 2009. Plus GV booked them in 1997 for west coast dates.

Do you hear rampant rumours of DF headlining any other festivals in 2011?
    Would you consider one of them doing an "unbilled DJ set" to be "Daft Punk playing"?

I have no thoughts on "DF" headlining, however, in terms of Daft Punk, I go to no more than one (1) other festival message board (Lollapalooza) and those dopes get convinced every year that Daft Punk is playing, too.

EDIT: Oh wait --- are you saying one of them dj'd AT COACHELLA in 2009? Because, then, you are additionally stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    yeah they'd talk about how daft punks spot was wasted by two hours of kanye
    Exactly. Damned if they do..damned if they don't. No one will be happy unless they are in fact a headliner..which they aren't.

They are playing Bonnaroo.