Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Grand Attempt at a Group Shot of Our Happy Little Family: 2015 Edition!!

Default The Grand Attempt at a Group Shot of Our Happy Little Family: 2015 Edition!!

Weekend 1 Group Shot will be at THE MONKEY LOOKING THING HOLDING A BEER BY THE GOBI on SATURDAY AT 2:10PM.

Weekend 2 Group Shot will be at the same place and time: IN FRONT OF THE PARTY GOD BY THE GOBI on SATURDAY AT 2:10PM

Hey, let's do a group shot!

Hello. This will be the thread for the 2015 Group Shot for Weekend 1 and 2. i'm not going to take the picture for Weekend 2 because i'm not going. i suspect more than a few people with excellent picture taking skills that will group up for W2 will take a fun shot. i will still participate in the discussion of time and place to hopefully help out.

These words from last year's thread give a run down of what this board shot is:

This shot has been going since 2009 and everyone from the board is invited to show up except those who want to start shit with someone. The Board Group Shots are love fest and will stay that way. If you have beef with someone and can't put it aside for 15 minutes, please do not show. The actual meetings with the people you have gotten to "know" here are pretty awesome and it would suck for someone with anger issues on the best weekends of the year to put a damper on things. Put it away or stay away.

The where and when will be discussed here and on the Facebook group when the map of the Polo and set times are released. we try to figure out a nice 15 minute window that will have the least amount of conflicts for the largest amount of people. Usually the shots happen early afternoon on Saturdays, but we shall see.

A location will be determined by a potentially great background with a central location.

After the day of Coachella when the picture is taken, i will get a copy up and hopefully someone who has Paint/Photoshop skills will take that and number everyone so we can chime in later and identify ourselves.

The eventual location and times will be posted in this OP and the fb group once they are established. If you know old board members who do not frequent these haunts anymore, but are going, let them know and hopefully they will make an appearance.

Here is the gallery of past Group Shots:

2012 Weekend 1

2012 Weekend 2

2013, Weekend 1

2013, Weekend 2

2014 Weekend 1

2014 Weekend 2

2015 Weekend 1

Default Re: The Grand Attempt at a Group Shot of Our Happy Little Family: 2015 Edition!!

We're so close. My guess is we see the map come out tomorrow and can arrange a spot by tuesday. cant wait!
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

Modest Mouse - Aug. 21 - Hollywood Forever
    Ratatat - Sept. 20 - Majestic Ventura
    Sufjan Stevens - Oct. 24 - Arlington Theatre
    Beach House - Dec. 12 - Fonda

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Default Re: The Grand Attempt at a Group Shot of Our Happy Little Family: 2015 Edition!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    We're so close. My guess is we see the map come out tomorrow and can arrange a spot by tuesday. cant wait!
    Reality is kicking in.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Re-reading that 2014 had me giggling, mostly at my own posts. Which begs the question! Has menik still not been fired from his unpaid voluntary position of board moderator? That asshole knocked a beer out of my hand and posted a publicly accessible image of another board member. He's a monster and a threat to society.

7/30: The Chemical Brothers @ The Armory
    7/31: Worker/Parasite @ Underground SF
    8/7-8/9: Outside Lands Music Festival
    8/8: Holly Herndon @ The Chapel
    8/11: Screaming Females @ The Rickshaw Stop
    8/14: John Roberts, Laurel Halo @ f8
    8/20: Sales @ The Rickshaw Stop
    8/22-23: FYF Fest
    8/29: King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard @ The Rickshaw Stop

I believe the law of cosmic retribution took care of him for that action. By that I mean I bought him a freshers.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable male, get off my case....

I can't wait to see some of you ugly mother fuckers this weekend.

OC Fair Hangar | 8/12 RJD2 | 8/15 Star Pool | 8/22-8/23 - FYF | 8/29 MSTRKRFT | 9/4 (Pre)Burger A-Go-Go | 9/10 Man Man | 9/24 Royal Blood | 10/24-25 Beach Goth | 11/20 Minus The Bear

I won't miss it.....need to bring the record to making 11 group shots in a row.

. . .

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    . . .
    Look at this brazen hussy acting like she would have even made it to the photo.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable male, get off my case....

I'm in!!!
    7/22 HEALTH
    07/28 Jamie XX
    08/1-2 Hard Summer
    08/7 Echo & the Bunnymen
    08/12 Deep Purple
    08/13 Jesus & Mary Chain
    08/20 Bloc Party
    08/21 Heart
    08/22-23 FYF Fest
    10/22 Skylar Spence (Saint Pepsi) & Kero Kero Bonito

I'm going to try and make my second group photo this year. hopefully I won't forget or get stuck out in lot 4.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014 2015
    6/21 Underworld at the Bowl 8/1-8/2 HARD Summer Music Fesitval 8/7-8/9 Outside Lands

I can't believe that I have only made it to one damn picture these last 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

LOL. I'll probably be at this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    TRAVI$ SCOTT for 2015

It's GSW Hooper. As in Golden State Warriors...

I'm in and can possibly take the picture for weekend 2, barring an arrival conflict.

W2 this year, we'll make it happen!

5th on the Boards and I've never been to the Group Meetup. I'd love to try and make it this year for Weekend 2.
    My 4th Annual Coachelectro (Coachella 2015) Mix
    Featuring 80 Acts Playing The Fest This Year In Just An Hour + Free Download

https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...hella-2015-mix

Quote Originally Posted by conners View Post
    W2 this year, we'll make it happen!
    Seriously. The attendance in those past photos is depressing. Let's step it up for Weekend 2!
    Last edited by Lithium; 04-06-2015 at 12:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceArthur32 View Post
    what happens if someone makes a masturbation while i dancing so fast?
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Ohh are you laughing Lithium??! You are soooo cool. You know so much more than everyone else don't you? Nerd.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbellingham View Post
    Thanks for your comment, Major Asshole (Lithium )
    Quote Originally Posted by mb1234 View Post
    Why is this Lithium guy so pissy about everything

Definitely going to try and make it for this
    2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015

AC/DC | Alabama Shakes | Charles Bradley | FlyLo | Raekwon & Ghostface Killah | Caribou | Todd Terje | Squarepusher

Jack White | Ratatat | Run the Jewels | The War on Drugs | Tycho | Chet Faker | Swans | Jungle | Gaslamp Killer | Parquet Courts

St. Vincent | Circa Survive | Brand New | Kygo | Odesza | Duke Dumont | Built to Spill | St. Lucia | OFF! | Claude VonStroke

Quote Originally Posted by koryp View Post
    Look at this brazen hussy acting like she would have even made it to the photo.
    Ha. It's not from lack of trying.

Never done the meet up, but this year is an exception. W2 will have a good turn out; sucks ivankay can't make it, but we'll improvise.

weekend 2 is very sad looking in the photos, I am all in!!!

I may not make it this year, because apparently I only make it to the even years
    DREAM BIGGER

It just won't be the same without TomAz.
    For all intensive porpoises presale finally sold out

^True dat. The board always goes through changes and the loss of Tom is huge for me and more than a few of us. Hopefully magic happens and he is able to stop on by.

I'm in for weekend 2.
    Kamasi Washington 7/14
    Sam Sparro 7/16
    Kamasi Washington 7/25
    De La Soul 8/1
    Jamie Cullum 8/5
    Dwight Yoakum/X 8/8
    FYF 8/22 & 8/23
    Erykah Badu 8/30
    Rebirth Brass Band 9/3
    Tune-Yards 9/10
    Grace Jones 9/27

Sorry I've been MIA but what happened to TomAz

I thought he was skipping this year. Am I wrong?

:-)

Down for weekend 1.