Page 121 of 147 FirstFirst ... 116117118119120121122123124125126 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,630 of 4404

Thread: DEMF 2013

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Default Re: DEMF 2013

Any word on Old Miami?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

The word is: meltdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

I'm sure this show has been mentioned here but just in case. Bunker throws the best parties here so I'm sure it'll be a great time...

Sunday May 26
    Interdimensional Transmissions and The Bunker present
    NO WAY BACK
    18+, 11PM - 9AM
    1515 Broadway, Detroit
    advance tickets available from IT
    http://interdimensionaltransmissions.com/shop

ERIKA live
    Ectomorph, IT, Erika.net | Detroit

BMG
    Ectomorph, IT | Detroit

MIKE SERVITO
    Ghostly, The Bunker | Brooklyn

CARLOS SOUFFRONT
    Interdimensional Transmissions | SF

PATRICK RUSSELL
    Mentalux | Brooklyn

BRYAN KASENIC
    The Bunker, Beyond | Brooklyn

SCOTT ZACHARIAS 7:30 am sleaze set
    Macho City, Secret Mixes / Fixes | Detroit

No Way Back is not a festival, it is not an event - it is a party. What began in an abandoned Detroit building with a leaky roof (it rained on the dance floor!) and an audiophile sound system has now moved to the entirely legal and historic 1515 Broadway, home to the original Music Institute where Derrick May solidified his international reputation as artists like Depeche Mode and New Order would make their way there to hear the musical revolution of groundbreaking DJs like D Wynn and Chez Damier.

If you don't understand the touchstones of this party, it might be impossible to explain. It is a comment on a continuum. For many of us it began the 90s, searching through fliers at Record Time, calling info lines and buying your ticket at Zoots only to get lost trying to find that elusive warehouse. What was inside? Something amazing... This is our generation returning to the source, feeling a freedom and a heat within the music that resulted in speaker fucking.

Every generation experiences this, whether it was at The Sanctuary, Better Days, The Loft, The Paradise Garage, The Warehouse, The Shrine, Cosmic, Luomos, The Muzic Box, The Hacienda, Medusa's, The Music Institute, or Berghain. You might not even know that you have soul until you experience being totally lost in the sound and realizing there is no way back, at all.

Every DJ chosen to play at No Way Back is a master of their medium, so deep in it that they all serve as constant inspirations. This is a celebration of the lost art of the late night Midwestern DJ. This is what makes the collaboration between Interdimensional Transmissions and the Bunker so effortless, as they both are champions of this, with The Bunker residents like Mike Servito and Bryan Kasenic being long time IT collaborators.

4/14 Stevie Wonder @ Prudential
    4/15 Neutral Milk Hotel @ World Cafe
    4/16 Juan MacLean @ Cameo
    4/17 Seth Troxler @ Output
    4/18 Andy Stott/Prurient @ Wick

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Hi all,

I have 2 VIP passes for DEMF 2013 that I can't use, along with a reservation at the Marriott.

Anyone interested?

Spooks, did you end up checking out Mike Servito at (I forget what show you went to but were asking for recs)

4/17: Swans, Angel Olsen
    4/18: Lee Coombs, Aphrodite @ Public Works
    4/24-26: Stagecoach
    5/1: Giegling Showcase @ Oakland
    5/2: Sleater-Kinney @ The Masonic
    5/3: Four Tet B2B Floating Points @ Public Works
    5/28: Refused, White Lung @ GAMH
    5/30: Neutral Milk Hotel @ Pappy & Harriet's
    6/2: Kiasmos ft. Olafur Arnalds, Rival Consoles @ The Independent

Spooks, did you end up checking out Mike Servito at (I forget what show you went to but were asking for recs)
    He was fuckin phenomenal. I only stayed for about an hour since he went on at 4am but he knows how to work the crowd. Definitely go see him in Detroit!

This is one of my favorite mixes:
    https://soundcloud.com/mikeservito/t...0-mike-servito

4/14 Stevie Wonder @ Prudential
    4/15 Neutral Milk Hotel @ World Cafe
    4/16 Juan MacLean @ Cameo
    4/17 Seth Troxler @ Output
    4/18 Andy Stott/Prurient @ Wick

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by J.L.C. View Post
    Hi all,

I have 2 VIP passes for DEMF 2013 that I can't use, along with a reservation at the Marriott.

Anyone interested?
    I might be interested in te room, what was the price per night?
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

That party happens every year and every year we don't make it because there's just way too many fucking options on Sunday night.

I also gotta say, the bunker parties are decent but they are overpriced. Without a doubt not the best promotion in nyc.
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

Here's the Hot Creations party on Monday night:
    http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?482894

If you had to guess, what time do you think Seth Troxler will play at this official Movement closing party (use your experience from previous years, which I don't have):
    https://www.facebook.com/events/116629241874858/

I'm trying to figure out whether it would be possible to go to this Troxler party, see him, and then see Lee Foss and Jamie Jones at the Hot Creations party they same night. That one goes til 4 and I assume they'll be closing.

Uhh....could be Seth opens it up and plays for a few hours, plays all night, has someone warm up for him...who knows, they haven't released any more artist info. Also I can't imagine why anyone would want to set foot at that party, $5 or free VIP admission, 18 +, Troxler? A fucking mess.

Throwing a bit of a wrench into my after party plans, it looks like Dan Bell will be doing a 3 hour set closing out the main room of that Dissolute party..... so....2 AM - 5 AM...nap....Old Miami....festival.....Klockwerks....death

I can already foresee that I'm not going to be making it to the first half of the festival on monday.

DAMN YOU 2 PM ECHOLOGIST SET TIME

Also I can't imagine why anyone would want to set foot at that party, $5 or free VIP admission, 18 +, Troxler? A fucking mess.
    Well I'm a noob to Movement so indulge me. Are the official closing party's that are free or cheap usually just a mess of tons of people trying to go? Or usually crazy over priced drinks inside? 18+ obviously sucks. But what's so bad about Troxler? I'm not from a big city so I've never had a chance to see him (exams kept me from Coachella this year). Isn't he one of the main guys behind your beloved Need I Say More party? I wouldn't be surprised if he plays it this year. He (and his Visionquest label) has hosted the last two years but hasn't played since 2010 right? If so, I'll completely forget about this closing party.

Who else do you guys think might play Need I Say More this year? I know it could be anyone really but there must be a few that you have a feeling might play.
    Last edited by bender; 05-16-2013 at 09:41 AM.

Our crew is throwing the klockwork party monday night, why wouldnt you go to that since troxler plays all the time everywhere and really isnt anything special?

Well, he's never seen Troxler, so there's that. And he's a great DJ (when he's not too k'd to function), so there's nothing wrong with wanting to check that party out. I'm trying to remember if the party that chia went to on Monday night of 2011 was the official Movement closing party, because I remember that she like, wasn't even able to get in, excessively long line, shut down (?) fire hazard even?

Just the clusterfuck of people I imagine going to this party is the only reason I'd advise against it, unless you're one of the sloppiest, then...go for it.

I honestly have no idea who'll be at Old Miami this year.

Wut. How does this even work?

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Boiler Room will be LIVE in the VIP Area day 2 of Movement 2013 with a special broadcast from 3pm - 7pm EST!

Oh god, as if the schedule wasn't complicated enough, a bunch of DJs are playing VIP exclusive sets for Boiler Room.

I feel obligated to mill around in the background for a couple of minutes looking confused.

45 minute sets, I guess? where the fuck are the speakers/sound for this going to be?

Being recorded forever in the background of a boiler room set at DEMF, especially with the shirts I plan on wearing, is sort of my nightmare. And sort of my fantasy.

The upper lip snarl and techno jerk.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Are you fools ready for the Push Down Look Around
    I'll be on the lookout for these signature moves on the feed.

Here are the set times:
    Richie Hawtin 6-7
    Stacey Pullen 5:15-6
    Magda 4:30-5:15
    Daniel Bell 3:45-4:30
    Ben Sims 3-3:45
    Last edited by bender; 05-16-2013 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grannock View Post
    Our crew is throwing the klockwork party monday night, why wouldnt you go to that since troxler plays all the time everywhere and really isnt anything special?
    well in this case he seems more special than Ben Klock and DVS1 because I can see them at the festival and Seth Troxler I cannot. Jamie Jones and Lee Foss neither. It's those two parties that I'm deciding between for Monday night.

I'm trying to remember if the party that chia went to on Monday night of 2011 was the official Movement closing party, because I remember that she like, wasn't even able to get in, excessively long line, shut down (?) fire hazard even?

Just the clusterfuck of people I imagine going to this party is the only reason I'd advise against it, unless you're one of the sloppiest, then...go for it.
    So did anyone go to the Marco Carola official closing party last year? Anyone remember what time he played and how ridiculously packed it was/hard it was to get in? Seems like the exact same party this year but with Troxler instead (and a different venue). 11 o clock start, Only one DJ announced, labelled official Movement closing party, and 5 dollars/free for VIP.

Quote Originally Posted by bender View Post
    So did anyone go to the Marco Carola official closing party last year? Anyone remember what time he played and how ridiculously packed it was/hard it was to get in? Seems like the exact same party this year but with Troxler instead (and a different venue). 11 o clock start, Only one DJ announced, labelled official Movement closing party, and 5 dollars/free for VIP.
    Marco Carola played all night, open to close. It was packed, but I went fairly early it was easy to get in, don't remember if there was a line later on, but it was never uncomfortable inside, the venue was huge. It was the same deal, free for VIP/$5.
    Also TEED [dj set] is playing that Troxler after as well.
    Just go to Klockworks.

Very cool to see you guys throwing around Servito's name. He is an unsung hero. He even uses these black, plastic circular things to play the technoes!

I guess us common people can view the party from our web enabled device while at the festival. And the comment about looking confused in the background is priceless! I have been caught only once on camera at a party. It was DEMF no less and it was unfortunate.

^ Yea, I think it's a blessing I'll be hanging out with people who didn't get VIP tickets that day... I do not need to be captured on video in my DEMF glory.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    ^ Yea, I think it's a blessing I'll be hanging out with people who didn't get VIP tickets that day... I do not need to be captured on video in my DEMF glory.
    It sounds like a decent idea until you see yourself shortly after.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Soooooo Tensnake no longer on the schedule. Anybody got any info?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Noooooooo
    Translation

Swans @ Terminal West 03/28/15
    Drive like Jehu @ The Glass House 04/08/15
    Electric Wizard @ Slims 04/17/15
    Acid Mother Temple @ BOTM 04/18/15
    Faith No More @ the Warfield 04/20/15
    John Zorn @ UCLA 05/02/15
    Will Bulter @ Slims 05/26/15
    Neutral Milk Hotel @ Pappy & Harriets 05/30/15
    Mariah Carey @ Caesars palace 06/11/14