Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dekmental 2015

Default Dekmental 2015

edit: fucked up the name tho

Dekmantel by Day

Dekmantel by Night
    Last edited by lt.roast.a.botch; 06-11-2015 at 12:40 AM.

Default Re: Dekmental 2015

Looks like there is some changes in the format this year. There will be Thursday opening party, weekend day program, and a weekend night program.

They are adding two new venues on top of the Amsterdamse Bos festival site. Muziekgebouw, a concert hall, for the opening party (Autechre & Manuel Göttsching: E2-E4) and Melkweg for the night programs (TBA). So looks like the announced lineup is only the opening party and day program.

Weekend ticket w. opening party and camping on the registered presale came out to be $225 after fees. Not bad. Just need to get there now!
    Last edited by lt.roast.a.botch; 02-02-2015 at 04:25 AM.

E2-E4!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

^ That caught my eye immediately. That and Robert Hood being listed in small print. Crazy.

I guess the lineup is much expanded, only 60/150+ have been announced, but they will not expand the crowd.

Really, the whole thing is ridiculous of course.

Thats unbelievable. One day I will save up and make it overseas for one of these vaunted European dance festivals, but it is not this day...

Good god. I really want to go to this.

7/30: The Chemical Brothers @ The Armory
    7/31: Worker/Parasite @ Underground SF
    8/7-8/9: Outside Lands Music Festival
    8/8: Holly Herndon @ The Chapel

Yeah a bit of a rash decision to buy so early but I guess it forces my hand. Sadly also means no other traveling festivals for me this year.

Good god. I really want to go to this.
    You should get getbetter on board and do it! Familiar faces would be welcomed for this one.

Anybody else considering going?

expedia is running a good promotion right now. i just booked a room in amsterdam for this and it has free cancellation

$100 off nearly any hotel stay of 3+ nights using coupon code: DISCVR105
    $150 off nearly any hotel stay of 4+ nights using coupon code: DISCVR151
    $200 off nearly any hotel stay of 5+ nights using coupon code: DISCVR201

Yeah I'm deciding if I should eat the cost of the camping pass and get an airbnb somewhere close to Melkweg night programs instead. Probably will wait to hear more information on how everything is going to work with shuttles and the night programs.

Quote Originally Posted by tmac View Post
    expedia is running a good promotion right now. i just booked a room in amsterdam for this and it has free cancellation

$100 off nearly any hotel stay of 3+ nights using coupon code: DISCVR105
    $150 off nearly any hotel stay of 4+ nights using coupon code: DISCVR151
    $200 off nearly any hotel stay of 5+ nights using coupon code: DISCVR201
    Just a heads up, Expedia is now cancelling ANY reservation made with those promo codes.
    | Sonic Mania 8/14 | Summer Sonic Tokyo 8/15 | Hostess Club w/ Thom Yorke's Tomorrow's Modern Boxes, Spiritualized, Jon Hopkins, Matthew Herbert, etc 8/15 | Danny Howells @ It'll Do 10/17

Dekmantel by Night

BY NIGHT JUL 31 / AUG 1 / AUG 2
    MELKWEG

Andy Stott (live)Answer Code Request (live)Basic Soul UnitBoris WernerCall SuperDeniroDerrick MayDJ Fett BurgerDJ HarveyDollkrautDopplereffekt (live)Gesloten Cirkel (live)Huerco S.Inigo KennedyIntergalactic GaryJeremy UndergroundJoey AndersonJuju & JordashLoneLuke VibertMatrixxmanMr. TiesOmar SParanoid London (live)ProsumerSpencerSurgeonTama SumoTaskerTesselaTraxxUntoldVakulaWilliam Kouam Djoko (live)

7/20 Raekwon/Ghostface @ IP
    7/21 Todd Terje @ T5
    7/22 Modest Mouse @ PP
    7/24 Finnebassen @ Verboten
    7/25 Dixon/Ame @ Brooklyn Mirage

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Updated the first post. Looks like the night program is separate from the day program. 60 euros for the three night pass or 25 euros for a single night pass. Night schedules and tickets on sale next Wed.

I'm not going for the three night pass as I am bound to need sleep but hope the schedule is favorable to catch Inigo Kennedy, ACR, Call Super, Gesloten Cirkel, Surgeon, and Vakula. Awesome to see Matrixxman on there too. Would like to see him do his thing out there as well.

I would be down but i don't think reasonable with the 2 festival and a vegas trip before hand.
    Translation

Swans @ Terminal West 03/28/15
    Drive like Jehu @ The Glass House 04/08/15
    Electric Wizard @ Slims 04/17/15
    Acid Mother Temple @ BOTM 04/18/15
    Faith No More @ the Warfield 04/20/15
    John Zorn @ UCLA 05/02/15
    Will Bulter @ Slims 05/26/15
    Neutral Milk Hotel @ Pappy & Harriets 05/30/15
    Mariah Carey @ Caesars palace 06/11/14

Last.fm
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by lt.roast.a.botch View Post

I'm not going for the three night pass as I am bound to need sleep but hope the schedule is favorable to catch Inigo Kennedy, ACR, Call Super, Gesloten Cirkel, Surgeon, and Vakula. Awesome to see Matrixxman on there too. Would like to see him do his thing out there as well.
    Day by day...more acts to be announced

OPENING
    MUZIEKGEBOUW AAN 'T IJ
    JUL 30
    Autechre (live)Manuel Göttsching: E2-E4 (live)

BY DAY
    AMSTERDAMSE BOS

JUL 31
    Ben KlockBlawanDekmantel SoundsystemJoy OrbisonLegowelt (live)Machinedrum (live)Madlib (dj set)Marcel DettmannModel 500 (live)ObjektRednose DistriktRicardo VillalobosRobert Hood (hybrid set)RODRoy Ayers Ubiquity (live)San ProperSergeShed (live)Squarepusher (live)Zip

AUG 1
    AntalAnthony NaplesCinnamanDekmantel SoundsystemDVS1Floating PointsFour TetHuneeJeff MillsJohn TalabotMagic Mountain High (live)Mano Le ToughØ (Phase)Palms TraxRødhådShackleton (live)TalismannTom Trago (live)TripeoYoung Marco

AUG 2
    Actress (live)Ben UFOCarl Craig (live)Clark (live)Cyrillic (live)Dekmantel SoundsystemDixonDonato DozzyHelena HauffHessle Audio TrioI-FInterstellar FunkMidlandMonolake (live)Motor City Drum EnsembleNina KravizPangaeaPearson SoundRecondite (live)Robert BergmanRroseSilent ServantSiriusmodeselektor (live)SolarSteffi (live ft. Virginia)Tale Of UsVeronica VasickaZeitgeber

BY NIGHT
    MELKWEG
    JUL 31

Answer Code Request (live)Basic Soul UnitCall SuperJeremy UndergroundLoneLuke VibertOmar SSpencerSurgeonTaskerTesselaUntold

AUG 1
    DJ HarveyDollkrautDopplereffekt (live)Gesloten Cirkel (live)Intergalactic GaryJuju & JordashMr. TiesTraxxVakula

AUG 2
    Andy Stott (live)Boris WernerDekmantel SoundsystemDeniroDerrick MayDJ Fett BurgerHuerco S.Inigo KennedyJoey AndersonMatrixxmanParanoid London (live)ProsumerTama SumoWilliam Kouam Djoko (live)

7/21 Todd Terje @ T5
    7/22 Modest Mouse @ PP

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

^ cant decide which night(s) I want to do. Would like to go to all of them but that just isn't realistic.

Day Stage Program

added: Jackmaster, Mike Servito, Carlos Souffront, STERAC, J Rocc, Randomer(!!), and James Pants (live).

That looks insane broken down like that. Wow.

Good luck making decisions at this thing.

I am unfamiliar with Rod but that Friday of Objekt, Shed, Blawan....damn. And Sunday with Helena Hauff, Donato Dozzy, Motor City Drum Ensemble.....swoon.

Like, I'm pretty sure I'd pay to see every single act on here on their own.

Producer AND Tama Sumo....answer code request live, basic soul unit....gesloten cirkel.....ugh. it's all a wet dream

Looks like there is a 1 night festival going on that Saturday called Katharsis which could serve as an off night party.

10PM - ?

oh my fucking god.

how long has siriusmodeselekto been a thing?

edit: looks liek an announcement was made 4 months ago and only tour dates are in europe this summer. hopefully this makes it out west, but i doubt it.
    Last edited by bemerritt; 05-01-2015 at 09:48 AM.

I honestly have to go to this. It lines up perfectly with my travel plans. I'll be finishing up work right around the end of July. I NEED THIS!

Do it, ods.. I really want to go to this next year. One of these Euro fests, at least.

Yeah the Euro fests are always killing it. I'll be finishing up in Hong Kong right around the end of July. Instead of flying back to the states first, I was already planning on going somewhere. This would be perfect. My girl has never been to Amsterdam either, so she would love that.

Has anyone gone before? I am probably going to try and book an airbnb close to Melkweg, the location for the night shows. I've actually stayed in that area before, near Vondelpark, and I liked it a lot. Nice and quiet respite from the red light district. I'm wondering though how people get to the area for the day shows. They mentioned shuttles on the website but it doesn't say from where yet. I'm thinking we might just try and stay in between the two venues and bike to each.

Hey ods.. let me know if you end up pulling the trigger on this. There is a facebook group for travelers that has some good info. Sounds like biking is the best route for non campers.
    Last edited by lt.roast.a.botch; 05-01-2015 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Yeah the Euro fests are always killing it. I'll be finishing up in Hong Kong right around the end of July. Instead of flying back to the states first, I was already planning on going somewhere. This would be perfect. My girl has never been to Amsterdam either, so she would love that.

Has anyone gone before? I am probably going to try and book an airbnb close to Melkweg, the location for the night shows. I've actually stayed in that area before, near Vondelpark, and I liked it a lot. Nice and quiet respite from the red light district. I'm wondering though how people get to the area for the day shows. They mentioned shuttles on the website but it doesn't say from where yet. I'm thinking we might just try and stay in between the two venues and bike to each.
    This festival is insaneeeeeeee.

Read the comments on RA!

Citizen M hotel on Beethovenstraat (not the one at Schiphol airport) is pretty affordable and well within biking distance of both the festival and the city center. Volkshotel is even better but a bit further.
    If you're looking for any airbnb option, the south-western part of Amsterdam is closest to the festival, I would recommend finding something around Vondelpark, just make sure your accommodation is inside the A10 motorway that circumferes the city. That's where all the nicer areas are.

Rental bikes are definitely the way forward for getting to and from the festival. It's really just a leisurely ride from the city to the Amsterdam Forest where the festival is located.
    http://www.residentadvisor.net/event...106&comments=3

7/21 Todd Terje @ T5
    7/22 Modest Mouse @ PP