Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: TomAz's Official, Ugly, Totally Threatening Titus Andronicus Misery Slog

Default Re: TomAz's Official, Ugly, Totally Threatening Titus Andronicus Misery Slog

TA at FFF 2012 was one of the greatest sets I have ever seen ever by anybody. To this day I still can't quite believe what I saw.

You and I should talk sometime. I lived in Houston for a pretty good chunk of my life.

Default Re: TomAz's Official, Ugly, Totally Threatening Titus Andronicus Misery Slog

From twitter:

A lot of people have been asking about the progress of the new +@ LP - this clip should explain
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Has anyone heard those singles in that 7" series?
    Translation

Titus ANDRONICUS @ the chapel 09/28/15
    my Morning Jacket
    Neil Young or TI
    Deerhunter @ 9:30 Club

Last.fm
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Has anyone heard those singles in that 7" series?
    I got one, but I haven't gotten around to listening to it yet. I should give it a spin and report back.

Rise from your grave

Translation

my Morning Jacket
    Neil Young or TI

Last.fm
    Fuck you.

OH DEAR GOD THANK YOU

What a beautiful morning it is.

29 tracks, 93 minutes, three LPs, Zen Arcade as the "clearest antecedent."

Whether this succeeds or fails in its considerable ambitions, it will definitely be one of the most interesting and exhausting albums that anyone puts out this year . . . pretty excited for this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Fuck yes.

instagram: @daniel_doesnt
    danieldoesntpodcast.tumblr.com

It's good to hear that Patrick's vocals are back on a tear and less timid than Local Business tracks. Bumping this track till it's Dimed Out!

Best news ever.

8/22-8/23 FYF Fest
    9/25 Titus Andronicus @ The Glass House
    10/17 Ariel Pink & Black Lips @ Pappy & Harriets

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    29 tracks, 93 minutes, three LPs, Zen Arcade as the "clearest antecedent."

Whether this succeeds or fails in its considerable ambitions, it will definitely be one of the most interesting and exhausting albums that anyone puts out this year . . . pretty excited for this one.
    I saw the headline and got a little short of breath. The potential to be hit with new epics by Joanna Newsom and Titus Andronicus soon is just awesome.
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

I can't wait and I love the new song.
    5/1/15 - Sleater Kinney @Palladium // 5/3/15 - Liturgy and Lightning Bolt @Echoplex // 5/8-5/10 Austin Psych Fest // 5/15-17/15 - Psycho CA @ Observatory // 5/22/15 - Laura Jane Grace @ Hollywood Forever Cemetary // 5/27/15 - Neutral Milk Hotel @ Warner Grand Theater // 6/3/15 - Sufjan Stevens @ Dorothy Chandler // 7/15/15 - Shellac @ Regent // 7/31/15 - Melt Banana w/Torche @ Roxy

I love this band.

The best rock 'n' roll songs make me extraordinarily happy to be alive. Titus Andronicus have a special knack for writing those kind of songs. I really, really wish that they could hit live one time the same way the records do. But who cares. This song is wonderful.

Me too. But I'm always too busy singing along and losing all of my shit to worry about how well they're doing on stage.

I have seen them hit live several times, but have also seen them miss. If Patrick is in the right head space, they are incredible.

Unfortunately, I too have seen a just ok set by Titus Andronicus and it was the last time I saw them which was in san diego at um i forgot the its name, the church venue, . Yet the set Bmack and I saw at the El Rey was so damn good that I completely can overlook that performance.
    Last edited by getbetter; 05-11-2015 at 05:57 AM.
    Translation

my Morning Jacket
    Neil Young or TI

Last.fm
    Fuck you.

Unfortunately, I too have seen a just ok set by Titus Andronicus and it was the last time I saw them which was in san diego at um i forgot the its the church venue
    That show was a bummer. I had seen them the night before in Eagle Rock and they were soo much better. I think this new album is something Patrick is really passionate about and it's going to reignite him.

8/22-8/23 FYF Fest
    9/25 Titus Andronicus @ The Glass House
    10/17 Ariel Pink & Black Lips @ Pappy & Harriets

Unfortunately, I too have seen a just ok set by Titus Andronicus and it was the last time I saw them which was in san diego at um i forgot the its the church venue, . Yet the set BlackBerry and I saw at the El Rey was so damn good that I completely can overlook that performance.
    The El Rey show was one of the best sets I've ever seen. I still think of it frequently. That time and the first time I saw them, at Pitchfork 2008, were the two most memorable.

Unfortunately, I too have seen a just ok set by Titus Andronicus and it was the last time I saw them which was in san diego at um i forgot the its name, the church venue, . Yet the set Bmack and I saw at the El Rey was so damn good that I completely can overlook that performance.
    This may have a lot to do with the venue, the irenic is a terrible place for a show, I'll never go back. I've only ever seen Titus destroy the venue they are playing in. I can't wait for them to come back around.

I've seen them a bunch of times now (4-5, maybe more?) and they are always really good. But I want to see them be transcendent, one time...that right combo of the songs, the energy from the crowd and on-stage, everyone singing along. I just want to see that perfect storm show that gives me the same feeling the albums do.

The El Rey show produced one of my all-time favorite concert moments. As they were coming to the end of No Future Part III and Patrick screamed "And that's okaaaaaaaaaay!" he hit the last chord, made a snarling sort of face and threw up the "Okay" symbol before they blasted right into the next song. It just made me so happy.

Last time Titus were in Vancouver they played a 150 person venue, the place was packed, everyone knew the words, and I went crowd surfing and swung from the venue's vent system. It was the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Last time Titus were in Vancouver they played a 150 person venue, the place was packed, everyone knew the words, and I went crowd surfing and swung from the venue's vent system. It was the best.
    This sounds like the kind of Titus show I dream about. Usually it's me and several others just shouting till their throats can't handle it any more.

I too dream of a euphoric show. But I'm not sure if that's who they are. I'm really looking foward to the next tour and will try to get to as many gigs as possible.

Best Titus show I saw was probably their record release show for Local Business at Shea Stadium. It was $5 and they played over 2 hours if I recall correctly. I also got to see them at a tiny bar in New Orleans with probably 15 people in attendance which was special for different reasons.

Oh and when Patrick came to my hotel room and sang my dad happy birthday, but I have already flexed about that in this thread . +@ forever!

I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk about the new record. It's going to take some time to digest, and it certainly isn't as immediately striking as The Monitor, but this record is ambitious as fuck and there are some really great tracks on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

TomAZ.
    NEW SIG

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk about the new record. It's going to take some time to digest, and it certainly isn't as immediately striking as The Monitor, but this record is ambitious as fuck and there are some really great tracks on here.
    It's a shame how busy and exhausted I've been to sit down and finally listen to such an exciting release by, pretty much, my favorite band. But once I do, it'll be on repeat for a long time.

I simply haven't had time to listen to it, either.
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.