Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Coachella Lineup Pool

Default 2016 Coachella Lineup Pool

REQUIREMENTS

You MUST list 25 acts.
    The first 3 must be your headliners. 3 pts each
    The next 22 will be you undercard guesses. 1 pt each

If you predict an act as a headliner but they end up NOT being a headliner, yet still a performer, they will count as one point. If you predict an act as a performer and they end up being a headliner, you get one point (not three, since you didn’t exactly call it correctly).

HOW TO ENTER

Email your predictions and username at coachellapredictions@gmail.com

RESTRICTIONS

Acts that are considered "confirmed" will be restricted. I will decide what is and isn't confirmed. As of today, no act is restricted. Like last year, if an act gets confirmed and added to the “restricted” list before the deadline and you’ve already submitted your list with that band on it, you get the point for it, even though that band is restricted for everyone else.

Confirmed Artist:
    Black Coffee
    Dubfire
    Gary Clark Jr.
    Lost Frequencies
    St. Germain

PRIZE:

$50 Amoeba Gift Certificate
    A beer or food at the fest
    And some mystery prizes.

Runner up will also get a mystery prize.

DEADLINE

October 15, 2015
    Last edited by GeoffreyB; 10-14-2015 at 07:59 PM.

Default Re: 2016 Coachella Lineup Pool

Complete failure to acknowledge the possibility that there will be more than 3 headliners, as there were in 2013, 2011, and, sort of, 2008.

What would you have people do, cuck? Everyone guess four even though there usually aren't?
    Last edited by Boourns; 09-12-2015 at 11:43 AM.
    12/16-18 Day for Night

Aye Geoff! Thanks for taking over the Pool this year! Would love to do the Set Time Predictions with you again this year if you're up for it.
    My old account "Mikey1313666" is down for whatever reason.

anytime! Im totally up for it Mikey!
    Coachella Weekend 1 & 2

Gary Clark Jr should probably be "confirmed"

Quote Originally Posted by SweetzerSwish View Post
    Complete failure to acknowledge the possibility that there will be more than 3 headliners, as there were in 2013, 2011, and, sort of, 2008.
    Yeah! Also complete failure to acknowledge the possibility that there will be more than 22 undercard acts.
    Last edited by iamthehorn; 09-14-2015 at 06:04 AM.

done

Should i put The Kills as well?
    Last edited by GeoffreyB; 09-12-2015 at 01:18 PM.
    Coachella Weekend 1 & 2

Let's throw something new in. The person with the least points gets a one year ban from the boards and forfeits their 2016 wristband.

hahah i love it. Im totally open to this^
    Coachella Weekend 1 & 2

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Let's throw something new in. The person with the least points gets a one year ban from the boards and forfeits their 2016 wristband.
    I'm in.
    My old account "Mikey1313666" is down for whatever reason.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

idle threats, seeing as moto rave doesn't go to coachella and probably knows how to get around a ban.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Geoff,

Since we added Gary Clark Jr. to the restricted artists after I submitted my list replace that with Beach House.

Thanks

There seems to be an assumption that I would participate in such a pointless exercise. You know what is popularly said about assumptions...

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    What would you have people do? Everyone guess four even though there usually aren't?
    What I would have "people", by which you mean innumerates, do would be not delude themselves into thinking there's any sort of rational basis whatsoever to this undemocratically-chosen, ahistorical, and unscientific point system, inclusive of the completely-arbitrarily-designated number of acts to be selected. There are multiple ways to address the very real possibility of a fourth headliner that should be reckoned with as long as you require entrants to guess all of the headliners. One approach would allow the designation of a fourth headliner slot (among 25), granting 3 points each to those who select three acts, and 2.5 each to those who select four (for a maximum of 10 pts from the first four picks, whichever number of headliners is selected). Another approach would keep the three-headliner-slot limit but allow the selection of a fourth act on one of the three lines, awarding either three each to those alone on a line and 1.5 each to those sharing one (for a maximum of of 9 either way), or 2-2.25 each to all four however paired, perhaps with a 1-pt bonus for getting the pair right (that I think would be deserved even if it allowed the guesser an extra point over the three-headliner guesser - after all, they guessed more correctly). A third approach would do away with the guess-the-headliners requirement wholesale and simply allow the selection of 25 (or some other better-defended number of) required acts however one sees fit. Yes, this would allow someone to guess four or five or even 25 headliners, but everyone would have the same opportunity, and each additional headliner guess would be an undercard guess lost - a gamble on +3 with the odds pointing towards -1 in opportunity cost - such that someone who guessed only headliners would probably end up with no more than 9-12 points.

Oh, and cute epithet my little sex offender, however amateurishly aimed (suffice it to say no one's ever put a ring on this ms. thing), but don't imagine for a second that you aren't speaking to a league for which you lack the necessary equipment.
    Last edited by SweetzerSwish; 09-13-2015 at 10:30 AM.

Yes, this would allow someone to guess four or five or even 25 headliners, but everyone would have the same opportunity
    To be fair, he has previous for selecting 25 headliners.

Was that "American" you were speaking?

What I would have "people", by which you mean innumerates, do would be not delude themselves into thinking there's any sort of rational basis whatsoever to this undemocratically-chosen, ahistorical, and unscientific point system, inclusive of the completely-arbitrarily-designated number of acts to be selected. There are multiple ways to address the very real possibility of a fourth headliner that should be reckoned with as long as you require entrants to guess all of the headliners. One approach would allow the designation of a fourth headliner slot (among 25), granting 3 points each to those who select three acts, and 2.5 each to those who select four (for a maximum of 10 pts from the first four picks, whichever number of headliners is selected). Another approach would keep the three-headliner-slot limit but allow the selection of a fourth act on one of the three lines, awarding either three each to those alone on a line and 1.5 each to those sharing one (for a maximum of of 9 either way), or 2-2.25 each to all four however paired, perhaps with a 1-pt bonus for getting the pair right (that I think would be deserved even if it allowed the guesser an extra point over the three-headliner guesser - after all, they guessed more correctly). A third approach would do away with the guess-the-headliners requirement wholesale and simply allow the selection of 25 (or some other better-defended number of) required acts however one sees fit. Yes, this would allow someone to guess four or five or even 25 headliners, but everyone would have the same opportunity, and each additional headliner guess would be an undercard guess lost - a gamble on +3 with the odds pointing towards -1 in opportunity cost - such that someone who guessed only headliners would probably end up with no more than 9-12 points.
    Um, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Uhh, Gil Scott-Heron is kinda dead, dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous96 View Post
    Whoops lol, that's what happens with my piss poor knowledge of rap

Is Zafo back?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    And to be fair to fikus, violent strangulation is one of his better qualities.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Being dead is literally the only way anyone on the planet could give less of a shit about you. You look like Farrah Fawcett's melted corpse.

There seems to be an assumption that I would participate in such a pointless exercise. You know what is popularly said about assumptions...

Oh, and cute epithet my little sex offender, however amateurishly aimed (suffice it to say no one's ever put a ring on this ms. thing), but don't imagine for a second that you aren't speaking to a league for which you lack the necessary equipment.
    Or, instead of this convoluted bullshit, everyone can just guess three (of three or more headliners), just like they guess just 22 undercard names out of more than 150.
    12/16-18 Day for Night

It's just a music festival Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonguy20 View Post
    Geoff,

Since we added Gary Clark Jr. to the restricted artists after I submitted my list replace that with Beach House.

Thanks
    Done.

Was that "American" you were speaking?
    coming from a dude who uselessly types out entire paragraphs for what could be summed up in one sentence. shuuuuutttt uuupppp.
    March 18.19 - Starry Nites Fest - SB mountains
    April 7 - Sigur Ros - SB Bowl
    April 11 - Radiohead - SB Bowl
    April 18 - New Order - SB Bowl
    July 22.23 - FYF Fest - LA Coliseum

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

This is such a pointless exercise I better spend half an hour explaining all the permutations of various point systems I've been working on to improve this ridiculous competition I would never participate in.
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    No, I know [Muse and The Killers] are headlining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    I said the COMBINATION of Blur/Roses, which will be a worldwide exclusive that will be talked about for years to come. (1/30/2013)

I'm sure he spends just as much time using his favorite rule (#34) on My Little Pony.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    This is such a pointless exercise I better spend half an hour explaining all the permutations of various point systems I've been working on to improve this ridiculous competition I would never participate in.
    Hahaha this cracked me up.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

not going to miss this year...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

what are the rules for double headliners?
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

dear god no. At least not me.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    what are the rules for double headliners?
    I was thinking if you truly believe there will be a 4th headliner this year add them to the headliners section, but if you're wrong about one you'll lose -3 points rather than zero.
    Coachella Weekend 1 & 2

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffreyB View Post
    I was thinking if you truly believe there will be a 4th headliner this year add them to the headliners section, but if you're wrong about one you'll lose -3 points rather than zero.
    Hmm...so if say Beach House is marked as a double header but only subs then I lose 3 points?