Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 656667686970
Results 2,071 to 2,079 of 2079

Thread: A Perfect Circle has returned!

Default Re: A Perfect Circle has returned!

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    I hadn't seen A Perfect Circle since Lollapalooza in 2003 back when it was still a touring festival. Sometimes things can make you feel old. For those of you that have been paying attention lately have they stopped playing Three Libras and Judith regularly or did they run into an issue with curfew? Maynard said good night so many times it certainly seemed deliberate. Kind of a strange move not playing your two biggest hits when you don't really have that much material to draw from. Still, for $10 I have no complaints.
    Yeah, Judith hasn't been played in years and 3 Libras is pretty much only ever the mostly unrecognizable remixed version if it gets played. Not really sure the reasons for either. Probably vocals and/or lyrical content.
    2004-2005-2006-2008-2012b-2013a-2014a-2016a-2017a

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    That event in particular was terribly organized. I snuck in a bottle of wine so I didn't have to deal with the drink lines (which all seemed to be about a 30 minute wait before the show started.) And I've attended more than one show where the row behind me talked the entire time. But I thought it was common knowledge that the Bowl parking lots are self-inflicted misery. You don't have to park there. There's probably 50 different lots that are within a 10 minute walk from the entrance. I always park in one that's a couple blocks away from Hollywood Blvd and I'm usually on the road within 15 minutes of leaving the venue.

I hadn't seen A Perfect Circle since Lollapalooza in 2003 back when it was still a touring festival. Sometimes things can make you feel old. For those of you that have been paying attention lately have they stopped playing Three Libras and Judith regularly or did they run into an issue with curfew? Maynard said good night so many times it certainly seemed deliberate. Kind of a strange move not playing your two biggest hits when you don't really have that much material to draw from. Still, for $10 I have no complaints.
    Sure but that's just one of the laundry list of issues I have with that venue. No matter where you park you either have a decent walk ahead of you or if you take an uber/lyft/cab from somewhere nearby it takes forever to even get close to the venue with all the traffic so it's expensive. Plus, grabbing a ride like that home after a show in a venue that large is never easy just because of the amount of people.

Also, the drink line took us 50 minutes, no joke.

I know I'm probably just a crabby old lady but I personally don't understand the appeal of the place.

I had never waited in a beer line like that - no joke. Went to my usual spots (the markets, beer stand on far end, etc) and all were a massive CF. I ended up in a line that took just about an hour. Took from last 3 songs of opener, full set break plus first 3 songs of apc to actually get to the front. so lame

Quote Originally Posted by jaimiej View Post
    Sure but that's just one of the laundry list of issues I have with that venue. No matter where you park you either have a decent walk ahead of you or if you take an uber/lyft/cab from somewhere nearby it takes forever to even get close to the venue with all the traffic so it's expensive. Plus, grabbing a ride like that home after a show in a venue that large is never easy just because of the amount of people.

Also, the drink line took us 50 minutes, no joke.

I know I'm probably just a crabby old lady but I personally don't understand the appeal of the place.
    Well if you ever decide to brave the venue again I'd suggest parking in an offsite lot. You make it sound like all of the options are equally bad. They're not. I was probably already at home by the time you were able to pull out of the parking lot and I paid less. I'm not sure how old you actually are, but that seems like a fair trade off for a ten minute walk.

When I go to the bowl I usually take the train up to Hollywood / Highland and take the shuttle (which is free with a Metro TAP card). If the traffic is bad it sucks but it does drop you off right in front. After the show we take the shuttle down or just walk it back. Don't usually deal with beer lines either, I try and go to the shows where you can bring it in. I like it because I like sitting in the back and just relaxing with people, especially when the last sections are empty and the tix are less than $10.
    Coachella 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

3.14-18 SXSW
    4.14-16 Coachella
    -----
    http://www.last.fm/user/djoz187
    [url]https://twitter.com/djoz18[url]
    https://instagram.com/djoz187

Hollywood Bowl is amazing, you just have to do it right.
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Spamalot (7/31), HARD (8/1) 2001 Space Odyssey with LA Phil (8/12), Opeth (10/18), TOOL (10/31), Coachella 2016 (WK1), David Gilmour (Wherever I need to go)

This is fucking fabulous.

great love these guys

Eat the Elephant, out 4.20

Tracklist:

EAT THE ELEPHANT
    DISILLUSIONED
    CONTRARIAN
    THE DOOMED
    SO LONG, AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH
    TALKTALK
    BY AND DOWN THE RIVER
    DELICIOUS
    DLB
    HOURGLASS