Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 64656667686970 LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,070 of 2079

Thread: A Perfect Circle has returned!

Default Re: A Perfect Circle has returned!

Quote Originally Posted by jaimiej View Post
    Well I can tell you that Jeff is definitely playing the upcoming shows
    Told you

Nobody likes an I-told-you-so, Jaimie.

APC is on the Lollapalooza Chile and Brasil line up. The Chile festival is 4/6-4/7/13 which I think makes them likely to be on the Coachella line up. Puscifer too.

I'm really just typing that so I can say, "I told you so" later on.

*single tear*
    Josh Freese ‏@joshfreese
    After 13 years, I've decided to leave @aperfectcircle with no plans of returning. Apologies to those inquiring about the upcoming shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    *single tear*
    wow :/ more on this on his website http://www.joshfreese.com/

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

That website post is from 2011 and about missing some shows, not leaving the band permanently, as this tweet is about.

Sucks, but he is a busy motherfucker.
    last.fm
    8/7/16 - Sufjan Stevens @ Hollywood Bowl // 8/8/16 - Radiohead @ Shrine // 8/8/16 - Boris @ Regent
    9/14/16 - Wilco @ Theatre at Ace Hotel // 9/18/16 - Kraftwerk @ Hollywood Bowl

Okay, what the fuck does this mean?

Thumbs down Re: A Perfect Circle has returned!

^ Additional confirmation that they are only playing ONE night in North America in 2012?
    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    I think my favourite part of Massive Attack's set was when they

http://www.qctop.com/articles/upload/France-89097.jpg

Okay, what the fuck does this mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bendulum View Post
    ^ Additional confirmation that they are only playing ONE night in North America in 2012?
    yeah and just a play on words with their band name really

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

maybe they're playing every song from all 3 albums. that'd be pretty special.

April 24 - Queens of the Stone Age
    April 26-28 - Levitation

Quote Originally Posted by nick5745 View Post
    yeah and just a play on words with their band name really
    Go on...

One special night of more Emotive covers probably.

APC Dec 29th
    The Black Keys Dec 30th
    Eric Prydz Dec 31st....

sounds like a fun weekend in Vegas....
    Upcoming Shows:
    Fever Ray: 5/18 @ Metro
    Radiohead: 7/07 @ United Center
    Smashing Pumpkins: 8/19 @ Xcel Energy Center
    Metallica: 9/02 @ Kohl Center
    Metallica: 9/04 @ Target Center
    Metallica: 9/08 @ Alerus Center
    Riot Fest: 9/14-16 @ Douglas Park
    Metallica: 10/16 @ Wisconsin Entertainment and Sports Center
    Metallica: 3/09 @ KFC Yum! Center

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    APC Dec 29th
    The Black Keys Dec 30th
    Eric Prydz Dec 31st....

sounds like a fun weekend in Vegas....
    Im down.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Alternative: head to Denver for NYE to see Amon Tobin
    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    I think my favourite part of Massive Attack's set was when they

http://www.qctop.com/articles/upload/France-89097.jpg

April 2 - Buenos Aires, Malvinas Argentinas Indoor Stadium, w/Tomahawk
    2004-2005-2006-2008-2012b-2013a-2014a-2016a-2017a-2019a
    Jamiroquai-St. Vincent-The War on Drugs-Soulwax-JMJ-The Neighbourhood-Dreams-Perfume Genius-Greta Van Fleet-Carpenter Brut-Slow Magic
    Beyoncé-David Byrne-Nile Rodgers & CHIC-BØRNS-Angel Olsen-Jungle-MØ-Tash Sultana-Alvvays-X Japan-Yaeji-Sir Sly-Hundred Waters
    Eminem-ODESZA-Portugal. the Man-A Perfect Circle-Petit Biscuit-AURORA-Nothing But Thieves-Kölsch-Japanese Breakfast

instagram

I'm staying at Flamingo.
    Last edited by Mr. Dylanja; 12-26-2012 at 05:02 PM.

Have fun everyone ! Sounds like a blast
    Translation

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    I want to punch that woman.

I'm staying at Flamingo.
    I get in Friday evening, staying at Planet Hollywood and will be there til Sunday morning. Where are you sitting at the show?

time to bump this shit. apc at the hollywood bowl goes on sale thursday.

Aiming for VIP tomorrow. No details yet on what's included but will be worth it.
    St Vincent| St Vincent| The Killers| QotSA| BRMC| Jack White| Shopping| Weezer| Coachella| Greta Van Fleet| A Perfect Circle| Cigarettes After Sex| Arctic Monkeys| BØRNS| Courtney Barnett| Poptone| Franz Ferdinand| U2| U2| Peter Hook & The Light| GY!BE| Johnny Marr| A Place To Bury Strangers| NIN| NIN| Arroyo Seco| The Horrors| Roger Waters| The Cure| My Bloody Valentine| ELO| ELO| David Byrne| David Byrne| Phoenix| The National| Music Tastes Good| Courtney Barnett

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    Aiming for VIP tomorrow. No details yet on what's included but will be worth it.
    Did you end up grabbing VIP? I'm assuming you're doing the Hollywood Bowl right?

Also - I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THEY JUST DID AN ENTIRE RUN OF SHOWS AND THERE IS NO DISCUSSION ABOUT IT IN HERE!

Did you end up grabbing VIP? I'm assuming you're doing the Hollywood Bowl right?

Also - I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THEY JUST DID AN ENTIRE RUN OF SHOWS AND THERE IS NO DISCUSSION ABOUT IT IN HERE!
    I am indeed! I have Front Row VIP. And I know a least a couple more folks from here are definitely going. It's gonna be awesome. You down in pool somewhere?

And you're right, crap job updating this thread on the shows. I have seen two already, both in Vegas. You are going to love the setlist if you haven't seen it already. I did one of the nights in Vegas on the Billy Howerdel/Caduceus VIP package. Got to meet Billy and ask him questions. He played some of The Hollow for the group. Also got to meet and speak (briefly) with James Iha. I posted thoughts up at Tool forums but they're down right now with DB issues. I can link ya to it once up.
    St Vincent| St Vincent| The Killers| QotSA| BRMC| Jack White| Shopping| Weezer| Coachella| Greta Van Fleet| A Perfect Circle| Cigarettes After Sex| Arctic Monkeys| BØRNS| Courtney Barnett| Poptone| Franz Ferdinand| U2| U2| Peter Hook & The Light| GY!BE| Johnny Marr| A Place To Bury Strangers| NIN| NIN| Arroyo Seco| The Horrors| Roger Waters| The Cure| My Bloody Valentine| ELO| ELO| David Byrne| David Byrne| Phoenix| The National| Music Tastes Good| Courtney Barnett

If anyone in L.A. is trying to go to the Hollywood Bowl show you can grab tix on Stubhub starting at $6! https://www.stubhub.com/a-perfect-ci...event/9755675/
    Coachella 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

3.14-18 SXSW
    4.14-16 Coachella
    -----
    http://www.last.fm/user/djoz187
    [url]https://twitter.com/djoz18[url]
    https://instagram.com/djoz187

Nice!! I'm definitely going but don't have a ticket yet, I'm waiting until the scalpers prices drop on the closer sections but I've pretty much decided unless I find a deal I CAN'T pass up, I'm probably going to shoot for somewhere in the Garden section. I've been close every show I've done so it will be nice to be able to appreciate the show from a little further back.

I was actually in Vegas as well but I only did the first two shows, I was up front both nights but pretty far over on Billy's side. I honestly did not plan on doing more than the Bowl this tour but I freaked out like a week before Vegas cause i couldn't stand the thought of missing the first show. Plus, I had tickets for a Regina Spektor show in Santa Barbara the night before the first show and there were tons of tickets left so I decided to just fly out to LAX (I live in Portland now but am actually moving back to LA next month) and drive it all. I loved the first night so much that I added the second (then had to drive immediately after the show to LAX to catch a 5am flight that ended up being cancelled so I was at the airport til 6pm). If I hadn't had a friend with me who was also flying out of LAX I probably would have really tried to make the 3rd happen as well.

I ended up adding waaaaay more shows than I anticipated this tour but I went in knowing this would be my last 5+ show tour. This was easily the most last minute, craziest tour travel-wise for me (No joke I drove a total of 2,895 miles in a span of 11 days) and it ended up being way more costly than usual so I really am ready to chill the fuck out with this shit.

I didn't do any of the VIP things but I honestly sort of regretted that decision after hearing he fucking played for the groups every night! What did you end up asking him?

He was talking about his days as a tech with NIN. I asked him what it was like working with Tool as a tech and now actually being in a band with Maynard. Basically, what's it like working with Maynard? It was not the best question. I am thinking I'll let someone else write up my question up for Adam when I do VIP for them in Sacto.

Checking setlists, I love the one from their last full show in Nashville. A Stranger and Vanishing are both performed and 3 Libras played instead of Blue. Hope we get that tonight! How is the ticket hunt going?

I can not wait for tonight. What a great venue choice as well. Should be a beautiful night. Haven't looked at any of the setlists, but it would be nice if they played Sleeping Beauty or Thomas
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Spamalot (7/31), HARD (8/1) 2001 Space Odyssey with LA Phil (8/12), Opeth (10/18), TOOL (10/31), Coachella 2016 (WK1), David Gilmour (Wherever I need to go)

Maynard dedicating "Thomas" of all songs to his "brothers in Tool" is rather intriguing.
    2004-2005-2006-2008-2012b-2013a-2014a-2016a-2017a-2019a
    Jamiroquai-St. Vincent-The War on Drugs-Soulwax-JMJ-The Neighbourhood-Dreams-Perfume Genius-Greta Van Fleet-Carpenter Brut-Slow Magic
    Beyoncé-David Byrne-Nile Rodgers & CHIC-BØRNS-Angel Olsen-Jungle-MØ-Tash Sultana-Alvvays-X Japan-Yaeji-Sir Sly-Hundred Waters
    Eminem-ODESZA-Portugal. the Man-A Perfect Circle-Petit Biscuit-AURORA-Nothing But Thieves-Kölsch-Japanese Breakfast

instagram

Maynard was in Such great spirits last night. And his voice was really shining. Awesome setlist. Magdalena, Thomas, and that Package opener were the high lights for me.
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Spamalot (7/31), HARD (8/1) 2001 Space Odyssey with LA Phil (8/12), Opeth (10/18), TOOL (10/31), Coachella 2016 (WK1), David Gilmour (Wherever I need to go)

Show was good, more technical issues than normal but overall pretty solid and Maynard seemed much more chatty than usual. Also I would like to kiss whoever was in charge of what was being displayed on the screens on the mouth because I was pretty far back and they kind of made the show for me. Some of those shots they were getting were REAL fucking good. Super excited I got to see Orestes one more time this tour, totally did not expect that. Did anyone else notice the subtle change at the beginning of Hourglass? At first I thought maybe they fucked it up but the lyric addition made me realize it was intentional.

Really great tour overall and while I actually enjoyed 2011 more on a personal level, this string of shows was certainly much better musically.

Sidenote: It's so interesting to me how many people love The Hollywood Bowl because out of all the shows I have ever done in my life it is without question, the venue I hate the most.

I have been several times but my husband experienced it for the first time on Sunday and we both agree we will never be returning. Everything is so unorganized and requires a massive wait, the stacked parking sucks, you have to worry about the weather since it's outdoors and it's full of people who would rather have a god damn picnic than watch a show. I am glad some people like it (and clearly there's a lot), but it is definitely not for me.

Billy would have to sit on my lap and play to get me back there.
    Last edited by jaimiej; 05-09-2017 at 08:28 AM.

Sidenote: It's so interesting to me how many people love The Hollywood Bowl because out of all the shows I have ever done in my life it is without question, the venue I hate the most.

I have been several times but my husband experienced it for the first time on Sunday and we both agree we will never be returning. Everything is so unorganized and requires a massive wait, the stacked parking sucks, you have to worry about the weather since it's outdoors and it's full of people who would rather have a god damn picnic than watch a show. I am glad some people like it (and clearly there's a lot), but it is definitely not for me.

Billy would have to sit on my lap and play to get me back there.
    That event in particular was terribly organized. I snuck in a bottle of wine so I didn't have to deal with the drink lines (which all seemed to be about a 30 minute wait before the show started.) And I've attended more than one show where the row behind me talked the entire time. But I thought it was common knowledge that the Bowl parking lots are self-inflicted misery. You don't have to park there. There's probably 50 different lots that are within a 10 minute walk from the entrance. I always park in one that's a couple blocks away from Hollywood Blvd and I'm usually on the road within 15 minutes of leaving the venue.

I hadn't seen A Perfect Circle since Lollapalooza in 2003 back when it was still a touring festival. Sometimes things can make you feel old. For those of you that have been paying attention lately have they stopped playing Three Libras and Judith regularly or did they run into an issue with curfew? Maynard said good night so many times it certainly seemed deliberate. Kind of a strange move not playing your two biggest hits when you don't really have that much material to draw from. Still, for $10 I have no complaints.