Thread: Beyoncé 2017

Default Beyoncé 2017

It's time.

Default Re: Beyoncé 2017

YES.

She's better than Jay Z.

If I can see Beyonce for less than $800 a ticket, it will be a good day! Throughout my college days I went to almost every Destiny's Child/Beyonce and Jay-Z concert that existed. Good times. Haven't seen the queen since 2007. It's about time.

Quote Originally Posted by lawimiller View Post
    If I can see Beyonce for less than $800 a ticket, it will be a good day! Throughout my college days I went to almost every Destiny's Child/Beyonce and Jay-Z concert that existed. Good times. Haven't seen the queen since 2007. It's about time.
    Her ticket prices on her current tour were pretty fair. Some people even managed to get relatively inexpensive floor tickets off stubhub.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleskyline View Post
    Her ticket prices on her current tour were pretty fair. Some people even managed to get relatively inexpensive floor tickets off stubhub.
    Fair but not reasonable. She's Beyonce so it's fair to price her tickets at $1000 for front row; she's earned it but is it reasonable for an average fan? Not w the economy as it is. That being said, I did notice that as some dates got closer, tickets became available at really low prices on places like stub hub. A few days before the Philly show (which was yesterday) good seats were as low as $280. However, they were not originally priced that way. I was one of the fans that looked out for ticket sale dates as soon as she announced.Prices were as high as $1500 for front row packages on Ticketmaster.

co-signed

I got really good lower level seats for Beyonce, 6th row around mid-field, for $155. It's very easy to not pay $800 to see her.
    1/19 Still Corners ~ 3/12 Stevie Nicks w/ Pretenders ~ 4/4 Strand of Oaks ~ 4/13 Sigur Rós w/ LA Philharmonic ~ 4/14-4/16 Coachella W1 ~ 4/28 PJ Harvey ~ 5/2 Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers w/ Gary Clark Jr ~ 5/10 the xx ~ 5/13 Brian Wilson performs Pet Sounds ~ 5/26 U2 ~ 6/9 & 6/10 Sigur Rós

Quote Originally Posted by purplecow View Post
    co-signed

I got really good lower level seats for Beyonce, 6th row around mid-field, for $155. It's very easy to not pay $800 to see her.
    Depends on what are "good seats." I never want more than 5th row from the stage at seated events.
    Last edited by lawimiller; 06-06-2016 at 11:54 AM.

Depends on what are "good seats." I never want more than 5th row from the stage at seated events.
    That's quite the standard to uphold.

well, considering she used a large catwalk and a secondary stage in the middle of the floor where she performed probably half of the show, you would have been turning around to watch her back if you were in the 5th row from the stage. From my seat, I could see everything very well.

The sound also usually gets worse if you are too close to the stage.
    1/19 Still Corners ~ 3/12 Stevie Nicks w/ Pretenders ~ 4/4 Strand of Oaks ~ 4/13 Sigur Rós w/ LA Philharmonic ~ 4/14-4/16 Coachella W1 ~ 4/28 PJ Harvey ~ 5/2 Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers w/ Gary Clark Jr ~ 5/10 the xx ~ 5/13 Brian Wilson performs Pet Sounds ~ 5/26 U2 ~ 6/9 & 6/10 Sigur Rós

well, considering she used a large catwalk and a secondary stage in the middle of the floor where she performed probably half of the show, you would have been turning around to watch her back if you were in the 5th row from the stage. From my seat, I could see everything very well.

The sound also usually gets worse if you are too close to the stage.
    You are right. It's just a personal thing. I'm me. There are ppl who are perfectly fine w bloodnose seats; they just want to hear the live music and be in the same room with the artist that they love. I WISH I was that easy to please.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    She's better than Jay Z.
    Blasphemy!

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

She blessed the Rose Bowl. Not sure how much of a get it would be after he selling that out and assuming selling out dodger stadium but I'm always up for more Beyonce

You are right. It's just a personal thing. I'm me. There are ppl who are perfectly fine w bloodnose seats; they just want to hear the live music and be in the same room with the artist that they love. I WISH I was that easy to please.
    I wasn't in a nosebleed seat at all. You make it sound like the only options are the first 5 rows, or the worst seat in the house.

I took this photo from the lower level:

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    She blessed the Rose Bowl. Not sure how much of a get it would be after he selling that out and assuming selling out dodger stadium but I'm always up for more Beyonce
    Yeah I can't go to any of the solo shows so I'm hoping she might show up at Coachella. I think it'd still be a pretty big get. What other North American festivals has she played? The only one I can think of is Made In America in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    She's one of those acts where I legitimately don't think it matters. Beyonce at Coachella is a really fucking easy sell for people, even if she's played LA recently. Especially given how expensive the tickets are.

I don't really think any other American festival could pull this one off, to be honest.

It just sort of feels like it's time for this to happen.

Also, please book Missy Elliot to open for her on the main. thx.

Quote Originally Posted by GolfWang View Post
    Also, please book Missy Elliot to open for her on the main. thx.
    This one is fast approaching Royksopp and Pearl Jam levels of "it should have happened by now, so there's a reason we don't know about for why it probably won't".

I wasn't in a nosebleed seat at all. You make it sound like the only options are the first 5 rows, or the worst seat in the house.

I took this photo from the lower level:

No. I was saying that I like no more than 5 seats from the stage and I can understand ppl not preferring that since there are ppl who even don't mind nosebleeds. I wasn't saying you had nosebleeds since you said you had lower level seats in one of your other comments. That was what I was saying. Wasn't making anything sound like anything other than what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    This one is fast approaching Royksopp and Pearl Jam levels of "it should have happened by now, so there's a reason we don't know about for why it probably won't".
    According to setlist.fm, Missy's only played three live shows at all since 2010, which also constitutes the period of Coachella lineups where she'd fit in best. Not that weird to me that she hasn't played Coachella if she just isn't doing live performances anymore (compared to Royksopp and PJ who regularly perform, and at US festivals).

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    I'm sure Made in America had something to do with it, for a couple years at least.

Wow!! Just WOW!

good god. nobody on earth is fucking with Beyoncé right now.
    http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/0...ormance-watch/

This would be a special booking loaded with guest appearances. Hopefully Paul Toilet is in negotiations with her agent already for a 2017 booking. This is main stage material.

lmaoooo i think i'm the only one who loves SaharaKing

You wouldnt find me at her show, but I agree that this would be a good booking.

There are just so many pieces here that make it seem like a top contender...first time headliner (GV's apparent preference)? Check. Attachment to the festival? Check (she's attended and guested multiple times before). American festival debut (minus her husband's festival)? Check. First female headliner? Check. Victory lap for an incredibly well received album and tour? Check. Sellout potential? Check. Indie credibility? Check.

It seems like a good PR move for BOTH Goldenvoice and Beyonce.

She'll be fucking expensive, and so if there's another legendary headliner in the mix that they want more, it may not be plausible. And while I think Beyonce would be interested (unlike, say, an easy pass for an "insignificant" Roo or Outside Lands size festival) as she obviously loves doing new, high profile events, maybe the logistics don't work out. But I can't imagine she's not at the top of the brainstorming list and that this hasn't been explored to some degree.

Minor point, but Beyonce wouldn't be the first female headliner. Bjork has headlined twice.

Bjork is an alien, though.

In all seriousness, each year that passes without a non-Bjork female headliner is pretty shocking, and the cards are all lined up for Beyonce this year. I personally really hope it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaggo View Post
    Minor point, but Beyonce wouldn't be the first female headliner. Bjork has headlined twice.
    Doh! Can't believe I forgot about that. Point still stands.