Emily Eavis is part of a feature in this week's NME entitled "Seven Things You Need To Know About Glastonbury 2013". Some of them we already know, however several very interesting points.
- She thinks the lineup will be complete by the end of March, to be announced in Spring. "Some amazing acts in store"
- "There will be a few thousand tickets" in the resale. They want it to be quick and for people not to be on the phone too long.
- The Pyramid is being remodelled."We're talking about some exciting additions for the Pyramid this year. We're going bigger on how it looks and making it a really exciting place to be."
- They felt the dance village was dated. The new area will feature "a total cross section of artists".
- Lots of large scale art. "Procession of incredible vehicles, big boat and things like that." "We are building a tree in the park which people can climb up and when you get to the top, the leaves change colour and drop off." Definitely one for the mushroom crew.
- "This year is all geared towards making it a late night festival that isn't focused on one particular area."
- "We are not going to programme surprise sets in the same way that we have because of the health and safety risks. So they will be real surprises."
TL;DR - Pyramid is changing, resale will be fast, lots more art, surprise sets as always, but like they've been before, i.e not announced.