One of the field guys gave me a $10 tip for ordering his concrete for a side job. Alriggghhhhtttttt!
I'm just happy that my new boss is a born-again concert goer who picks my brain for upcoming shows.. So much leverage for surfing music sites throughout the day.
Disclosure - October 12 - Reno, NV.
Treasure Island Music Festival - October 19 - San Francisco, CA.
Portugal, The Man - October 22 - Reno, NV.
Cut Copy - October 31 - Reno, NV.
Phoenix w/ Alt-J - December 5 - Reno, NV.
COACHELLA '07, '08, '09, '11, '13
so i just started supporting a new group last quarter when someone went on LOA and another person got a job in another dept. Before I agreed to take on the additional responsibility, I said I'd do it as long as they were okay with my April/May vacation (to follow IAMX around). It's now my last day in the office and they keep giving me new problem reports. I'm going to review them and if it's not a quick fix (training issue, etc), i'm just going to turn it around and give it to my (already overwhelmed) co-workers.
Sorrynotsorry that I turned out to be the a-hole that takes off during quarter-end. I think my new boss thought she'd have her LOA person back by now. i hope i get out of here at a decent hour...ugh.
Some of the more memorable moments of working security at a music venue that have happened recently:
- We had Lotus play about a month ago. We had a few students from a college here in town set up a table in the venue so they could support/advertise their organization: Students for Sensible Drug Policy. We ended up throwing two of them out for being messed up on various drugs.
- I ran the coat check for a show back in December. Someone tried to tip me in weed at the end of the night.
- This past weekend, I caught a guy doing drugs on the balcony. I'm walking him downstairs to the door, and when we get to the lobby, he just takes off into the venue/crowd. I chase after him and manage to grab his jacket & rip it off, causing both of us to slip. He gets up and keeps running, past the bars into the main floor of the venue, up to the front of the stage where he hits a dead end and tries to make a sharp right into the crowd; I catch up and tackle him and drag him outside, where his response is simply "yeah, sorry."
- We had Wale a few weeks ago. It was all set to be a reasonably early night - but he refused to take the stage until he was brought two bottles of a particular red wine. Ended up getting out nearly an hour later than expected. Fuck you, Wale.
- We just announced Ted Nugent for this summer. Not looking forward to explaining to people why you can't bring your gun into our venue.
- I often check IDs at the door. We get fakes from time to time, with them more often being IDs given to them from other people. Normally if we have any doubt if the ID is theirs, we ask them questions about it (can you verify your address? date of birth?) or ask to see another ID that might have a matching name. I've had, on multiple occasions, someone show me an ID that doesn't look like them, a clear fake, but the kicker I actually know the person in the fake ID being shown to me. "Hey, it's Susan!.... you're not Susan."
more to follow.
Ha. In college I gave my ID to another girl and told her there were 3 bars she can never go to and use it. Well, first one she goes to is one where my best friend is working... She never got into a bar in Tucson until she turned 21 after that.
Company paid lunch today! Taco truck on premises. All you can eat TACOS!
Fuck i want to eat tacos and/or Stout RIGHT NOW
God I love tacos.
it's summer, baby.
I believe my title is Human Resources Generalist, not Marketing's Personal Assistant.
Don't give me attitude because I refuse to sit at the Reception desk and wait for your lunch to get delivered for your meeting.
I'm being background checked for a new job, and they are in the process of trying to confirm one job from my resume, and have been calling me twice a day for the past week trying to get contact information for this old company I used to work at. Every single time, I explain to them that the company was merged with another company 5 years ago and NO LONGER FUCKING EXISTS, and yet they just keep on calling back. Holy fuck. How dumb can you get?
Anyone else going to this Tech Data Healthcare I.T. thing in Tampa? No band or sports celebs this year, but a three diamond dinner cruise one night. To the bow for smokey.
The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.
What would Jesus do?
2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I, 2015: I
It is generally not good practice to wait until and hour and a half AFTER an appointment time to finally check in and change the appointment to the next day.
Drinkey, is this that same person who always comes at the wrong time and expects you to have time for him?
it's summer, baby.
Yes. Her. It's the daughter of the man who owns the company, naturally.
Cynthia. That's what my phone thinks cunt should be. Call her Cynthia from now on.
I just got a call from a supplier, they won't deliver the sand we need because the accounts on hold for non payment, and another company said his last 3 checks have bounced. I know the owner is working on getting financing but it hasn't come through yet. I am getting a little nervous that it's time to look for a job again. I really don't want to do that, my resume already looks like shit since I job hopped so much recently. Plus, I am close to home, good insurance, decent pay and some nice perks. I don't know if I should start sending out resumes or hold out a little longer. Ugh.
I heard my replacement at PDI has quit and come back 3 times in 6 months. I could probably go back there if I wanted... I don't.
He has a line on an investor, but it could take another month. Luckily no payroll has bounced, but that's going to be next I am sure.