Thread: Glastonbury 2017

Default Glastonbury 2017

June 21-25, 2017 at Worthy Farm
    Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band - LA Sports Arena, March 17
    Coachella - Empire Polo Field, April 15-17
    Adele - AccorHotels Arena, June 10
    Glastonbury - Worthy Farm, June 22-26

Default Re: Glastonbury 2017

Just got back from the UK and here are my quick thoughts/lessons for those planning on attending Glastonbury:

You will need wellies (and proper socks)
    -It didn't matter that the weather during the festival was actually pretty good, aside from one heavy downpour Friday afternoon; rain in early June and the heavy equipment needed to set up the festival left Worthy Farm a muddy mess. That forced me to buy a pair of cheap but effective wellies in London rather than risk ruining my new hiking boots, a decision that paid off but didn't offer much support for my arches and ankles. Part of my mistake was using the thin no-blister socks I planned to pair with said hiking boots rather than also shelling out for thick fleece welly socks, one I would not advise repeating.

You will need a mat or air mattress under your sleeping bag
    -I elected to just throw my sleeping bag on the floor of my Worthy View tent, and, boy, did my hips feel it. Since you are going to be walking for probably 8 to 10 miles a day over uneven terrain and standing for hours on end when not walking, spend the couple extra bucks on that extra bit of comfort at night.

Take the train
    -The shuttle buses to and from Castle Cary have access to bypass routes and can get around traffic. It took about 40 minutes to get to the festival on Wednesday afternoon (after waiting about 90 minutes to board) and under 30 minutes from Worthy View back to the station on Friday morning.

You will have a blast
    -Even with the one-two punch of Brexit and the mud, everyone was in great spirits. There were massive singalongs, even for songs over the PA in-between sets. Coachella-style belligerent pushing to get to the front of a crowd? I never saw it. You will never be lacking for options to keep yourself engaged and entertained. It's really like three or four different festivals in one.
    Last edited by InDaGreen; 06-29-2016 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Additional information
    Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band - LA Sports Arena, March 17
    Coachella - Empire Polo Field, April 15-17
    Adele - AccorHotels Arena, June 10
    Glastonbury - Worthy Farm, June 22-26

Quote Originally Posted by InDaGreen View Post
    June 21-25, 2017 at Worthy Farm
    Phew. With the rumors that it might have to move at some point, glad to see it will be back.

Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    December
    3 - alt-J - Pageant

Really want to go back some day.
    6/26 Sunflower Bean @ Constellation Room, 7/3 Telecaves @ Non Plus Ultra, 7/7 Mitski @ The Echo, 7/22 Weird Al @ Hollywood Bowl, 7/28 Tokimonsta @ Hammer Museum, 8/3 Marissa Nadler @ The Echo, 8/4 Radiohead @ Shrine Auditorium, 8/7 Sufjan Stevens @ Hollywood Bowl, 8/27-28 FYF Fest, 9/24 Music Tastes Good, 9/25 Lush @ Fonda