Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 484950515253
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 1590

Thread: Roger Waters The Wall Tour 2010-2011

Default Re: Roger Waters The Wall Tour 2010-2011

Holy Shit that was awesome, definitely better than the arena tour

Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    Not even my favorite show of the month. It was fun to watch though.
    I'd rather watch the movie at home with free beer and a great sound system.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    I'd rather watch the movie at home with free beer and a great sound system.
    The sound at last night's show was among the best I've ever heard. You missed something spectacular.
    This Will Destroy You| A Place To Bury Strangers| His Name Is Alive| Barry Manilow| Coachella| U2| FYF| AC/DC

Definitely impressive show, and to echo what has already been said about the sound it was phenomenal! I had seats in section 19 first level. I showed up late and to my dismay the whole section was pretty much blocked off by the massive projector . scrambled to find better seats but wish ticketmaster had sold those tickets as limited/obstructed view cause that was definitely the case. The whole section had disbanded to find better seats as well I'm assuming cause you couldn't really see shit. I really wanna check this out again sometime if I get the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    I guess the pig crashed during the SF show and got crowd surfed around and torn apart when the wall was knocked down. Epic shit.
    It's part of the show. Last night at the Coliseum they brought the pig down into the crowd at the back of the field level and they deflated it. Still, a unique form of audience participation.

They had to perform The Thin Ice twice because there was an issue with Roger's mic and as he began to sing his first vocal only the sound of the backup singers came through. It was interesting to see this huge production grind to a halt for about five minutes while he sorted out the technical issues. Didn't affect the experience for me at all. I can see how people would rank this show as one of their all time favorites. I'd put it in my top ten and am very glad I made the choice to go. Like other people have stated before in this thread, anyone who has had an interest in The Wall should make this a mandatory event.

Hrmm if you look up a video you can see it in the crowd during run like hell. Different then what I saw last night. And security was yelling "hands off the pig" etc.

Quote Originally Posted by choice cat View Post
    Definitely impressive show, and to echo what has already been said about the sound it was phenomenal! I had seats in section 19 first level. I showed up late and to my dismay the whole section was pretty much blocked off by the massive projector . scrambled to find better seats but wish ticketmaster had sold those tickets as limited/obstructed view cause that was definitely the case. The whole section had disbanded to find better seats as well I'm assuming cause you couldn't really see shit. I really wanna check this out again sometime if I get the opportunity.
    I was in the same boat in section 11 row 49. Before the show there were workers handing out alternate tickets to people with obstructed views. I ended up getting a way better seat in section 9 row 25.

If this happens to anyone at any future dates be sure to ask the security guards about the obstructed view so they can point you in the direction of the people handing out alternate tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bons222000 View Post
    I was in the same boat in section 11 row 49. Before the show there were workers handing out alternate tickets to people with obstructed views. I ended up getting a way better seat in section 9 row 25.

If this happens to anyone at any future dates be sure to ask the security guards about the obstructed view so they can point you in the direction of the people handing out alternate tickets.
    I had something similiar, must have been out of my section when that happened but I self upgraded forward anyway.

Here's my shitty picture of piggy. Enjoy

This Will Destroy You| A Place To Bury Strangers| His Name Is Alive| Barry Manilow| Coachella| U2| FYF| AC/DC

I had amazing seats at the LA Coliseum: Section 1, Row 18.

Last edited by wstsidela; 05-21-2012 at 08:20 PM.
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

Yeah you did.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Hmm maybe a nice road trip?

An historic performance of ‘Roger Waters – The Wall’ will take place in Québec City on Saturday July 21st. This final date of the 2012 tour will feature the largest wall ever built.

Roger Waters says: “I’ve always loved playing in Québec. The Québécois are a very passionate and musical people and we’ll be playing on the Fields of Abraham. This is going to be completely unlike any of The Wall shows we’ve done anywhere else in the world.“

The word is “The Wall” fans will see in Québec City at Fields Of Abraham July 21 will be more than two-times as large as the wall that’s been constructed before hundreds of thousands of fans since the tour launched in 2010. Measuring more than 250 meters, “The Wall” in Québec City will mark only the second time the work has been performed outdoors and on this scale.

The first time was the historic 1990 performance in Berlin celebrating the fall of that city’s infamous wall that imprisoned East Berliners under the yoke of Communism from 1961 until 1989.

Along with a much bigger wall, Waters’ performance will feature a full surround-sound system guaranteed to “shake the entire site” and will include additional lighting and pyrotechnics.

A limited number of priority tickets (wristbands) will be available in advance of the public sale for fans who register on RogerWaters.com between 9:00am on Wednesday May 23rd and 9pm Thursday May 31st.

5/13 Merzbow/Ron Morelli/Prurient @ Output
    5/15 Moritz Von Oswald/Vril/Kettenkarussell @ Output
    5/16 Roy Ayers @ Output
    5/16 Lightning Bolt/Oneida @ LPR
    5/16 Scuba @ Verboten

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

wstsidela, those look similar to the seats I will have on the 3rd. Great pics.

Exact same seating chart for The Wall's show at Xcel in St Paul.
    I have section 103, row 1, 18 & 19 - Purchased at 179 a piece + fees. I saw seats a few rows behind mine for 300+
    Last edited by Neighborhood Creep; 05-23-2012 at 09:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

They should have had this show at the Blockbuster Pavilion

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    I have section 103, row 1, 18 & 19
    Yeah dude, if this is your first time seeing it you are going to have a killer show. Awesome seats. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    wstsidela, those look similar to the seats I will have on the 3rd. Great pics.

Exact same seating chart for The Wall's show at Xcel in St Paul.
    I have section 103, row 1, 18 & 19 - Purchased at 179 a piece + fees. I saw seats a few rows behind mine for 300+
    Without a doubt, the best show I've ever seen. The seats were amazing. The scale of the spectacle is almost too much on the floor. Prepare to have your mind blown.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Yeah dude, if this is your first time seeing it you are going to have a killer show. Awesome seats. Cheers!
    I missed the original tour 30 years ago. It was worth the wait.
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

My dad bought just bought 2 tickets and told me he is taking me as an early birthday presant. I have no idea where I am sitting, but I am pretty stoked about a free Roger Waters show with my dad. How long is this show typically?
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    My dad bought just bought 2 tickets and told me he is taking me as an early birthday presant. I have no idea where I am sitting, but I am pretty stoked about a free Roger Waters show with my dad. How long is this show typically?
    I believe it clocks in around 2 hours, including intermission. You get a 15 minute break right after Goodbye Cruel World.

Yeah disc 1 for about an hour

intermission for 15 min

Disc 2 for about an hour
    Last edited by cutterbutter; 05-23-2012 at 05:04 PM.

Right. And if you're outta beer or have just been waiting to pee, the moment that last brick goes into the Wall and covers up Roger, be ready to bolt. Timing is everything.

I went to the show.

I'm not a big fan of The Wall, I guess I got stuck in between the Pipers-Dark Side era so I went to the show not expecting much. Plus, I am not that into Arena or Stadium concerts anyways...

But holy shit, I was not expecting that. The last 20 minutes of the show gave me a mind orgasm. FUCKING AMAZING.

I wouldn't pay that much money to see it again though.
    AC/DC-Ride-FlyingLotus-ActionBronson-WuTangLtd-Interpol-TameImpala-LykkeLi-Caribou-Squarepusher-Kimbra-ReverendHortonHeat-SylvanEsso-Haerts-Eagulls-LosRakas-GhostofASaber

JackWhite-Ratatat-RunTheJewels-Swans-Antemasque-Bostich+Fussible-BadReligion-Tyler-WarOnDrugs-AltJ-FKATwigs-Tycho-Kasabian-DriveLikeJehu-Jungle-CleanBandit-GaslampKiller-ParquetCourts-Yelle-Radkey

St.Vincent-Florence-BrandNew-Desaparecidos-OFF-ChicanoBatman-MØ-NightTerrorsOf1927-Drake... nah, just kidding, Fuck Drake

Funny how with the gushing over the sound, which was amazing, nobody has mentioned Roger's mic cutting out during "The Thin Ice" yet. I thought he handled it pretty well though.

Ironically, the last show I went to at the Coliseum was LA Rising and RATM's sound cut out completely during their first song. I'm sure it's just coincidental, but I wonder if the Coliseum has sound problems for some reason.

Pretty happy with the outcome.

Wow phenomenal photos.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

The last one with the judge looking down the wall

I have some more good ones, didn't want to fill up this page. Unfortunately I only took them with my phone so the clarity isn't as good as it would be with a nice pro camera.

Pink Floyd founder Roger Waters honored wounded veterans in New York by performing with them at the annual Stand Up for Heroes benefit, Thursday night.

Waters took to the stage of the Beacon Theater with 14 wounded soldiers he met recently at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C. He rehearsed with them at the hospital, and for the past few days in New York.

"I never talk about the politics because it's not relevant to me. I'm not interested in it," he said. "What I am interested in is the burdens these guys bear and would never question motive or even dream of talking about any of the politics."

He added, "If any of us have a responsibility in our lives it is to tear down the walls of indifference and miscommunication between ourselves and our fellow men."

Waters said he didn't think there would be a reunion with his former band.

"I think David (Gilmour) is retired by and large. I shouldn't speak for him. But that's the impression I get."

Waters then added, "Hey whatever. All good things come to an end."

2013 Roger Waters European Tour Leg 2

JULY

Saturday 20 - WERCHTER FESTIVAL SITE

Tuesday 23 - SPLIT POLJUD STADIUM

Friday 26 - PADOVA EUGANEO STADIUM

Sunday 28 - ROME OLYMPIC STADIUM

AUGUST

Wednesday 7 - PRAGUE SYNOT TIP STADIUM (SLAVIA)

Friday 9 - FRANKFURT COMMERZBANK ARENA

Sunday 11 - COPENHAGEN PARKEN STADIUM

Wednesday 14 - OSLO TELENOR ARENA

Thursday 15 - OSLO TELENOR ARENA

Saturday 17 - GOTHENBURG ULLEVI STADIUM

Tuesday 20 - WARSAW NARODOWY STADIUM

Friday 23 - VIENNA DONAUINSEL

Sunday 25 - BUDAPEST PUSKAS FERENC STADIUM

Wednesday 28 - BUCHAREST PIATA CONSITUTIEI

Friday 30 - SOFIA VASIL LEVSKI STADIUM

SEPTEMBER

Sunday 1 - BELGRADE USCE PARK

Wednesday 4 - BERLIN OLYMPIC STADIUM

Friday 6 - DUSSELDORF ESPRIT ARENA

Sunday 8 - AMSTERDAM ARENA

Wednesday 18 - DUBLIN AVIVA STADIUM

5/13 Merzbow/Ron Morelli/Prurient @ Output
    5/15 Moritz Von Oswald/Vril/Kettenkarussell @ Output
    5/16 Roy Ayers @ Output
    5/16 Lightning Bolt/Oneida @ LPR
    5/16 Scuba @ Verboten

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Coachella Junkie

Fuuuuuuck. I really just want a one off at coachella.

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    Fuuuuuuck. I really just want a one off at coachella.
    I think that ship has sailed.
    And to be fair to fikus, violent strangulation is one of his better qualities.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Being dead is literally the only way anyone on the planet could give less of a shit about you. You look like Farrah Fawcett's melted corpse.

Sometimes I get lost in the past I know. But to see Dark Side at the bowl, PF in a small place in NO, without all of them, it's sort of not the same. It's like seeing the Stones and Mick wasn't there. This is not to be negative just great memories....cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine