Thread: Best Car Camping Lot?

Lurker

Default Best Car Camping Lot?

For 2013, arrived early weekend 2 on Friday, we were towards the back in lot 10. Thought it was ok, until 2014. We arrived Thursday evening, weekend 2, and wound up in the NW corner in lot 4, near the customer service area. Totally different experience, way better than what I saw in 2013.

So here's my question: Is there a lot that we should shoot for this year? Are the campsites closer to the festival better than further back?

Not looking to rage all night, but would love to be around a fun group of campers.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Kennito45; 01-13-2015 at 09:28 AM.

Default Re: Best Car Camping Lot?

Overall most people prefer to be in Lot 8 due to the easy in and outs during the festival. It also puts you in the middle of it all, which tends to be more of a party. It generally fills up first, but it seems that at some point early thursday they start pushing people over to lot 5 before lot 8 is full.

Lot 8 is definitely best. If you get in line early on Thursday morning you can get a spot near the festival entrance. That's the best spot, in my opinion.
    Oh look it stopped snowing...

I think getting in line around 10 am last year got us about 10 rows from the entrance. And that included waiting for all members of our 14 car group to get through security. If you search, there are quite a few discussions regarding what time you get in line and where you end up.

Lurker

We camped at lot 10 last year. It was a nice long walk to the festival entrance but it was nicer to be that close to the showers.

Lurker

Thanks for all of the input.

Going to try for Lot 8.

See y'all in April.