Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Totally stumped on Sunday, who should I be listening to prepare?

Default Totally stumped on Sunday, who should I be listening to prepare?

Currently looking forward to Flume, Beach House, Nosaj Thing, Anderson Paak, Claptone, and Melody's Echo Chamber...yeah that's about it.

Who do you recommend, and why are they worth seeing on the final day of 2016 Coachella?

Default Re: Totally stumped on Sunday, who should I be listening to prepare?

Young Fathers (rap)
    Tokimonsta (beats)
    Adam Beyer (techno)
    Kamasi Washington (jazz)
    Maceo Plex

I also was pretty underwhelmed about Sunday but after research am now excited for/interested in:
    Miike Snow
    Joywave
    Anderson Paak
    Kamasi Washington
    Beach House
    Wolf Alice
    Melody's EC
    Crystal Fighters
    Young Fathers

Also depending on time slots might watch Matt & Kim, Tensnake, Rancid, The Heavy, Tei Shi, Autolux, Flume, Epik High (lol), Sia... Still one of the weakest lineup days for me in my 10 year history of Coachella but I think it may turn out to be a fun day and hopefully some of these will end up blowing me away
    Quote Originally Posted by svatomictwist View Post
    I spin in both directions, and I also dance in FRACTIONS.
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011!!!, 2012 (w1), 2013 (w2), 2014! (w2), 2015!! (w2), 2016 (w2)...

Tode your not excited for Major Lazer? I'm shocked

I started out pretty meh about Sunday, but I now like it more than Saturday.

Anderson .Paak
    Sia
    Epik High
    Nathaniel Rateliff
    Chris Stapleton
    Beach House
    Miike Snow
    Deafheaven
    Wolf Alice
    Kamasi Washington
    Hudson Mohawke
    Melody's Echo Chamber
    Flume

Not bad at all, and this day has the most acts I've never seen before.

Deafheaven and Diggers

Quote Originally Posted by ballinOnAbudget View Post
    Tode your not excited for Major Lazer? I'm shocked
    Eeeek no I hate diplo. I like lean on but I've already heard that 63 times in the past few months

I've been struggling with this day. I would say Young Fathers is an act I discovered that I'm legitimately excited for. A lot of this undercard, while talented, is just missing me for whatever reason. My Fridays and Saturdays are crammed.

Will definitely be at Major Lazer myself. Not even ashamed about it.

Very much looking forward to The Heavy, Rancid and Nathaniel Rateliff.
    My old account "Mikey1313666" is down for whatever reason.

Chris Stapleton! Amazing voice and song writing ability

Major Lazer will be a party

Miike Snow may have the indie album of the year this year. How can you not love Genghis Khan!?

Kamasi Washington looks to be something to not miss live

Last time major lazer played, w2, the crowd was filling other tents.

Autolux is awesome
    14' WK2. 15' WK2. 16' WK2.

Plenty of dance music on Sunday to keep me happy.
    John Digweed
    Nicole Moudaber
    Adam Beyer
    Maceo Plex

As well as
    Wolf Alice
    Chris Stapleton
    Sia
    Beach House
    Kamasi
    Cold War Kids (I know most people are pretty me about this but I am yet to catch them live)

Was absolutely looking forward to Miike Snow as when I saw them back in 2011 in Sydney they were great. Didn't think much of their last album and don't really like their new genghis khan song so will probably catch them on one of the weekends if they don't clash

I really like that Sunday doesn't have the acts in really stoked to see. Friday will be nuts so many bands I'm excited to see, Saturday tapers off a little, and Sunday i just really love taking in the surroundings, and cruising through the day not having anything major in my schedule. It's really great just to float around and check out some bands from a far, enjoy some craft beers, sample as much of the fine cuisine as possible, watch the sun set over the mountains and finish the night in the do lab or Yuma.

Tei Shi and Girlpool are both really good options for early afternoon shows. I think Girlpool will be awesome.
    2008, 2009, 2010 // school // 2015w1, 2016w1

Quote Originally Posted by JordanTyler View Post

Miike Snow may have the indie album of the year this year. How can you not love Genghis Khan!?
    I don't know what this means.
    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Eat a dick on that or did I make too much sense for your mind to take

Death Grips

Quote Originally Posted by Todevod View Post
    Eeeek no I hate diplo. I like lean on but I've already heard that 63 times in the past few months
    Well you have been talking about how excited you are for jack u and they are in your top 5. You are aware Diplo is one half of jack u right? And jack u's tunes sound more like solo diplo than major lazer does.

Quote Originally Posted by jeastick View Post
    Tei Shi and Girlpool are both really good options for early afternoon shows. I think Girlpool will be awesome.
    Girlpool is one of my favorite discoveries on the lineup.

Sunday is largely a buzzkill for me too, but I would add Girlpool, Wolf Alice, and Autolux to your list to check out. Haven't seen any of them before, but I have high hopes for all 3.

fur coat, nuff said
    '07, '10, '11, '12 Wk1, '13 Wk1, '13 Wk2, '14 Wk1, '14 Wk2, '15 Wk1, '15 Wk2, '16 Wk1, '16 Wk2

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    I've been struggling with this day. I would say Young Fathers is an act I discovered that I'm legitimately excited for. A lot of this undercard, while talented, is just missing me for whatever reason. My Fridays and Saturdays are crammed.

Will definitely be at Major Lazer myself. Not even ashamed about it.
    Nothing to be ashamed about. ML puts on a show no matter what. baring any conflicts i expect to be here too #noshame
    2014 Wk1 , 2015 Wk2

Quote Originally Posted by M0D3Z View Post
    Would really make Hell a less enjoyable place. I want to be able to see Satan as he tortures me.

Hell yeah, I will be right there for Major Lazer too.

Chris Stapleton and Miike Snow are the two I am most looking forward to on Sunday. Really interested in seeing what Sia comes up with as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ballinOnAbudget View Post
    Well you have been talking about how excited you are for jack u and they are in your top 5. You are aware Diplo is one half of jack u right? And jack u's tunes sound more like solo diplo than major lazer does.
    I love Skrillex, and Jack U sounds way more like Skrillex than Diplo. Skrillex is the dj and plays fucking crazy trap and dubstep, while Major Lazer plays a LOT of big room/moombah that I really don't care for.

Btw, Jack U isn't even in my top 5 or maybe even top 10 of the fest lol
    Last edited by Todevod; 02-04-2016 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Todevod View Post
    I love Skrillex, and Jack U sounds way more like Skrillex than Diplo. Skrillex is the dj and plays fucking crazy trap and dubstep, while Major Lazer plays a LOT of big room/moombah that I really don't care for.

Btw, Jack U isn't even in my top 5 or maybe even top 10 of the fest lol
    Putting them in your top 5 for Friday, the most stacked day, was what I was referring to. No need to contradict yourself even further, diplo is diplo imo though wether it's infused with dubstep or reggae

1. Death Grips
    2. Kamasi Washington
    3. De Lux
    4. Joywave
    5. Autolux
    6. Hudson Mohawke
    7. The Heavy
    8. Cold War Kids
    9. Sia
    10. Edward Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by Virile View Post
    Nothing to be ashamed about. ML puts on a show no matter what. baring any conflicts i expect to be here too #noshame
    Major Lazer is the type of cheesy, drunken shit show that works for me in a way that the rest of the big DJ names don't. What can I say I'm a sucker for whimsy, gentrified dancehall, and giant hamster balls.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Coachella 2016's Sunday lineup has been kicked, trashed, mocked, and ridiculed. I am here to tell you it isn't so terrible. In fact, there is a little something from many different genres. Thus far this is what I have on my Sunday list.

Sia (Pop/funk/soul)
    Rancid (punk/skapunk)
    Death Grips (industrial/punk/rap)
    Wolf Alice (indie alt/rock)
    Kamasi Washington (Jazz)
    Deafheavan (black metal)
    Girl Pool (folk/punk)

Sia
    Rancid
    Beach House
    Wolf Alice
    the Vandals
    Meg Meyers
    Deafheaven
    the Heavy
    Miike Snow
    Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros
    Melody's Echo Chamber
    Joywave
    Tei Shi
    Even though I look like one, I'm not a cop.

Coachella 10, 12.1, 13.1, 14.2, 15.1, 16.2
    SXSW 14
    Lalapalooza 94

Your best place to do your band research: http://www.dingosaidso.com/coachella...the-bands.html
    DingoSaidSo

Quote Originally Posted by DingoSaidSo View Post
    Your best place to do your band research: http://www.dingosaidso.com/coachella...the-bands.html
    This site sucks go away
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

joywave
    No Shirt
    No Shoes
    No Dice

Learn it. Know it. Live it.