Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 474849505152
Results 1,531 to 1,542 of 1542

Thread: HBO greenlights Game of Thrones!

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Default Re: HBO greenlights Game of Thrones!

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Not to put on my tin foil hat or anything, but this article has some potentially exciting news for book readers... it looks like they put out a casting call for Ser Arthur Dayne!!!

For non-book readers, this has to do with the R+L=J theory, so if you want to avoid potential spoilers, do not click the link above.

Also, more potential spoilers
    //////////////////////

it would be a little awkward to see Sean Bean come back 6 years later to play a version of himself, what maybe 16? years younger than where he started in season 1

/////////////////////////

//////////////////////

Make up? I mean, did you read the casting for Ser Arthur Dayne? Looking for a swordsman in his 30's-40's. So its not like they would be trying to make Ned look like he was in his 20's. With make up they could easily make Sean Bean look like he is in his 30's. I mean, maybe him coming back is just wishful thinking, but with the age they are casting (who is assumed to be) Ser Arthur Dayne, and with how Sean Bean has stated multiple times he would love to come back as a flashback, it seems like a distinct possibility. If they cast anyone else as Ned, I think show watchers would be pretty upset.

////////////////////

All that aside, I am with Team Stannis is alive. The only thing that makes me question it is the S05 E10 Beautiful Death poster. So far, all those deaths have been real. Why give Stannis one? If he really is dead, the show made his death quite unceremonious.
    Last edited by rage patton; 06-25-2015 at 02:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

agreed. very nice!

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

binged season 5 over the weekend. Need more dragons.

I agree with someone's assessment before that the Sand Snakes were not used to their full potential, but **SPOILER** I think with their assassination of a certain princess ***END SPOILER*** they will have a bigger role in Season 6. Also Arya's training is going well, and maybe this is just because the season speeds by, but it seemed to me like in the books she takes a long time to get to the level she's at on the show. I picture her as a young adult in the books, while on the show, she's still very much a teenager. My imagination?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/5 Juanes @OC Fair - 8/6 Django Django @El Rey- 8/11 Hot Chip @Greek - 8/15 Superhumanoids @Echo Park Rising - 8/22&23 FYF Fest - 9/18-20 TBD Fest - 9/22 Glass Animals @ Observatory - 9/24 Future Islands @ Fox Pomona - 9/25 Mew @ Fonda - 9/26 Shamir @El Rey - 9/29 Disclosure @ LA Sports Arena - GOTHTOBER IAMX takes over Santa Ana, San Diego, LA, Philly, DC, New York

Does anyone have any idea when season 6 is coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    Also Arya's training is going well, and maybe this is just because the season speeds by, but it seemed to me like in the books she takes a long time to get to the level she's at on the show. I picture her as a young adult in the books, while on the show, she's still very much a teenager. My imagination?
    Something less than 3 years have transpired in the books so far (and the HBO show, now that it's caught up). In the books the child characters (essentially, the Stark kids and Cersei's/Jaime's progeny, but also Dany) are all significantly younger than they are on GoT, by 2-3 years or even more (Myrcella -- Cersei's and Jaime's daughter who is sent to Dorne -- is just an 8 year-old in the books at the beginning). Arya starts out around 9 in the books, and is maybe 11-12 when she is in training to be a Faceless assassin in Braavos. In GoT she is supposed to be maybe 11-12 at the start, so around 14 now (the actress that plays her is actually older than that, but still a teenager).

Quote Originally Posted by jennyg13 View Post
    Does anyone have any idea when season 6 is coming out?
    Well, the first 5 seasons have all started in April, so that would be a good guess.

However, HBO has moved the starting month of their series shows plenty of times before, plus there's a thought that they may delay season 6 to allow GRRM's next book to come out first, so perhaps a June or even later start. Unlikely earlier than April, though.

Quote Originally Posted by DFH no.6 View Post
    Something less than 3 years have transpired in the books so far
    Thank you. While reading the books I thought this timeframe was longer.

While watching the show, I thought Tommen and Myrcella grew up very fast, but since they start out older on the show than in the books it makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/5 Juanes @OC Fair - 8/6 Django Django @El Rey- 8/11 Hot Chip @Greek - 8/15 Superhumanoids @Echo Park Rising - 8/22&23 FYF Fest - 9/18-20 TBD Fest - 9/22 Glass Animals @ Observatory - 9/24 Future Islands @ Fox Pomona - 9/25 Mew @ Fonda - 9/26 Shamir @El Rey - 9/29 Disclosure @ LA Sports Arena - GOTHTOBER IAMX takes over Santa Ana, San Diego, LA, Philly, DC, New York

The Starks find the direwolves in the year 300 AC (Aegons Conquest), Book 5 ended in the year 303 AC....
    Upcoming Shows:
    Riot Fest: 9/11-13 @ Douglas Park
    Matt Nathanson: 10/19 @ Majestic Theatre

Well, this pretty much confirms it for me... It looks exactly how I envisioned it while reading the books.

*SPOILERS CONTAINED WITHIN THIS LINK* re: Jon Snow/ The Tower of Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.