Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 555657585960
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 1785

Thread: HBO greenlights Game of Thrones!

Default Re: HBO greenlights Game of Thrones!

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    *sigh*

And again, the idea of him staying by himself in Meereen and the force he leads going without him is absurd.
    Leaving him behind with his force opens the door for some sort of surprise rescue at a later date, once everybody has forgotten about him.
    How many headlines can you make out of the 2016 lineup? i.e. "Young monsters moon strangers for pure horror."

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    Leaving him behind with his force opens the door for some sort of surprise rescue at a later date, once everybody has forgotten about him.
    true.
    But probably more likely is him showing up and pulling a Dustin Hoffman in The Graduate type scene at Dany's wedding.

Why cant a women be a married queen and hustle all those men. Kings seem to have been doing it since the beginning of time in westeros. All of King Roberts kids had nothing to do with his wife, and her kids had nothing to do with him. King and Queen are just titles, true love is still in Mereen...
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeber View Post

You're not on the lineup no one wants to see u dj. Stop. Especially if you're going to play Calvin Harris u fuckin knob...

Quote Originally Posted by M0D3Z View Post
    Why cant a women be a married queen and hustle all those men. Kings seem to have been doing it since the beginning of time in westeros. All of King Roberts kids had nothing to do with his wife, and her kids had nothing to do with him. King and Queen are just titles, true love is still in Mereen...
    A bit more obvious when a queen gets pregnant out of wedlock than when a King does, and Dany specifically wants to not do what men have been doing since the beginning of time.

where the jukebox plays apocalyptic bebop

Regarding pregnancy, I don't think Dany will be bearing another child anyway. If the prophecy that "the witch" claimed earlier in the series is true, it's impossible for her to become fertile again. That is unless, it was spoken metaphorically.
    ass on the grill

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M0D3Z View Post
    if it was true love, she wouldn't have "felt nothing" at saying goodbye. i honestly can't see dany loving anyone but drogo. also, the game of thrones universe doesn't seem nice enough to allow world domination and true love.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

I was being sarcastic about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeber View Post

You're not on the lineup no one wants to see u dj. Stop. Especially if you're going to play Calvin Harris u fuckin knob...

Can someone please explain why in the first episode of season 2 there is a white raven sent to the Red Keep, and they specifically say Winter is coming, then the same happens all over the seven kingdoms at the end of season 6?

The second is to announce that Winter has arrived. I'm not terribly well versed in book canon, and I'd forgotten about S2E1 white raven, but I'm assuming that the custom would be for Old Town to send out 2 of them: the first to tell the various kingdoms/lords that Winter is coming so they can begin stockpiling their resources, and the second that Winter has arrived (to what purpose I'm not entirely certain, though it could be to serve as the weathermen of Westeros).
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Farnsworth View Post
    "I assume you guys aren't familiar with all of the shit on this lineup but if you listened to shit radio stations you would be."

Ok that makes sense

First raven is to inform summer is over, so it is implied to be autumn until season 6. Apparently, summers and winters are exceptionally long compared to spring and fall in whatever solar system this planet is on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Trent View Post
    First raven is to inform summer is over, so it is implied to be autumn until season 6. Apparently, summers and winters are exceptionally long compared to spring and fall in whatever solar system this planet is on.
    or puberty on this planet lasts 2 weeks

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

just started re-watching so i can understand more of this. it's kinda cool watching a show based off of the books since they can plant seeds early on in the show for future activities.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    just started re-watching so i can understand more of this. it's kinda cool watching a show based off of the books since they can plant seeds early on in the show for future activities.
    Let me know if you ever want to read the books. I'm done with the first 4 and planning to kick into the 5th sometime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Farnsworth View Post
    "I assume you guys aren't familiar with all of the shit on this lineup but if you listened to shit radio stations you would be."