March 13th – 15th 2015.

Featuring, but not limited to:

Jeff Mills / Ben Klock b2b Marcel Dettmann / Modeselektor /

ESG / Carl Craig / Hudson Mohawke /

Jackmaster / Omar S / Karenn / Robert Hood /

Hessle Audio feat. Ben UFO, Pangaea and Pearson Sound /

Moritz Von Oswald Trio /

+ many more yet to be announced.

It has been three years since the last weekender was held at Minehead. Having previously staged five awesome, sold-out weekenders between 2007 and 2011, we're thrilled to have been invited back to take over Minehead once more by the good people at Butlins.

As you all know, back in 2012 a move to a new festival location in London very nearly floored us. Later that same year we opened a new venue at Autumn Street where Bloc has steadily built itself back up to where it stands today.

We're happy to have hosted dozens of parties here, showcasing performances by Carl Craig, Model 500, Surgeon, Clark, Todd Terje, Green Velvet and Move D among many others, and we've been humbled by your magnanimity in welcoming us back. It's been amazing meeting so many of you at these nights - and getting the opportunity to talk about the return to Butlins in person.

To celebrate our return to the world of the weekender, we're making early bird tickets available at exactly the same price they were when we first went to Minehead in 2009 - just £140 + booking fee.

We can't wait to get stuck in back where we belong – at Butlins. It's going to be special. Hope you can all make it.

Love,

Bloc.

http://blocweekend.com/

7/28 The Appleseed Cast @ WH
    7/29 Howling/Ame @ Output
    7/30 Primus/Dinosaur Jr @ Pier 97
    7/30 Benji B/Martyn @ Output
    8/1 Tiga/Bob Moses/Gavin Russom @ PS1

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Default Re: Bloc. 2015

New additions!

Levon Vincent / Dean Blunt / Joy Orbison b2b Midland / Rødhåd / Moodymann / Clark – Phosphor / Scuba / Phuture / Ben Sims b2b DVS1 / DJ Funk / Egyptian Lover / Answer Code Request / Function/Inland / Dillinja / Livity Sound / Donato Dozzy / Objekt / Space Dimension Controller / Ron Morelli / Helena Hauff / Samuel Kerridge / Perc / Cut Hands / Raime Jungle DJs / Clouds / Ryan Elliott / Nick Höppner / TR\\ER [Truss & Tessella] / Vessel / Call Super / DJ Qu / Akkord / Lee Gamble / Mr Ties / Paula Temple / Traxx / Doc Scott / Randall / Source Direct / October / Randomer / Second Storey / Ed Chamberlain / Spencer / Andy Blake / Benton / Hodge / Shanti Celeste / Scott Fraser / Alex Coulton / Joe Hart / Rubin

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Bloc Party -- HEADLINER
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Showcases

Ostgut Ton / Numbers / Hessle Audio / Boiler Room / Houndstooth / Electric Minds / FACT / World Unknown / Bodyhammer / Chapter 10 / Make Me / Crack /

This keeps getting better...

Warp flag-bearers and true pioneers Autechre have been added to the huge bill of next year’s Bloc Weekend in Minehead.

The line-up has also been significantly expanded with the addition of I Love Acid and the re-launched electro institution Electrix Records, who will be bringing the likes of Keith Tenniswood, Silicon Scally and Luke Vibert with them.

The festival will also welcome a showcase by synth building crew London Modular featuring sets played fully live on modular gear. Richard Devine, Steevio & Suzybee and Defekt are among the technical wizards taking part in that corner.

Appleblim and Duke Slammer have also been added to the impressive DJ line-up, which includes Jeff Mills, Carl Craig, Hudson Mohawke and Jackmaster.

Ehh. Sigh. Wish I could be europe for this.

In a positive note, I'm thinking demf will have some goodies for us this year.

Junglist massive:

| Sonic Mania 8/14 | Summer Sonic Tokyo 8/15 | Hostess Club w/ Thom Yorke's Tomorrow's Modern Boxes, Spiritualized, Jon Hopkins, Matthew Herbert, etc 8/15 | Danny Howells @ It'll Do 10/17

!!!

We kick off a new film series with a first-person account of the much-loved UK festival.

There's more to a festival than who played and how good they were. The crowd, the venue, the overall mood, that all-important thing we refer to as "the vibe"—these are just some of the factors that make a festival truly memorable. Because in the end, what we're looking for at these things isn't just a good weekend out, but something genuinely transcendent—an experience that briefly takes you out of yourself and, ideally, stays with you for the rest of your life. Good festivals will suck you into a state of mind that exists only for those few days.

Inside is a film series that aims to capture some of that magic. With a first-person perspective of the action, combined with footage of choice performances, we hope to catch at least a fraction of the atmosphere at these singular events. Bloc., with its killer lineup, classic rave spirit and wonderfully unconventional setting (Butlins Minehead) is a natural choice for the first edition.