damnit... more competition from people that are better at music than me.
Best year ever!
Last edited by dizzycow; 02-03-2010 at 06:03 PM.
mmm i love me some van helen
Originally Posted by bobert
With a little help from LSD and Tool, I found God at Coachella.......
2 Live Crew didn't release their first single until '85, then only hit the national spotlight in '89.
Not to mention Lou Reed appearing on Saturday twice, on the second last line and the last line.
Last edited by Psicosis; 02-01-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Up Next: Cobra Starship, Gogol Bordello, Talib Kweli & Jean Grae
Plenty of great posters so far. This is a cool contest. Hope I win!
Last edited by oswald83; 02-01-2010 at 10:24 PM.
oswald, you have to have the date on the right side of the poster.
3/6: Steffi, Virginia @ Mighty
3/14: Simian Mobile Disco b2b Roman Flugel, JPhlip @ PW
3/21: Cymbals Eat Guitars @ GAMH
3/21: Adam X @ TBA
3/23: HINDS @ Rickshaw Stop
3/24: Tim Hecker, Oren Ambarchi @ The Independent
4/6: Hookworms, Disappears @ The Rickshaw Stop
Last edited by foxydj; 02-01-2010 at 10:51 PM.
1990 - The year I graduated High School. Brings back some memories for sure. Before you say "Mother Love Bone is wrong, let me explain. In January when the line-up is announced they have every intention of playing, but Andrew Wood dies in March, just a couple weeks before the show. Style Council who broke up in late 1989 play a one-off of Modernism (A new decade) in the Sahara tent where the new "rave" scene is really becoming a hit.
Done in the style of the "product" designs that were so popular with Rave CD compilations in the early 1990's.
Coachella 1975! Enjoy!
-Adobe Illustrator CS4
-www.Coachella.com Homepage header.
Last edited by Save_Haiti; 02-02-2010 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Changed Bottom
- Stooges: not big enough for a festival, played super tiny clubs
- The Doors, Cream, CSNY (Who you list as two acts???), The Stones, The Dead, CCR, Dylan, and the Allman brothers are probably all big enough to demand a headlining spot, while you have them all as sub headliners.
- Buffalo Springfield broke up in 1968, which also features young of CSNY.
- As i said above, CSNY is one band, not just CS and then NY.
- Blue Oyster Cult didn't put out their first album till 1971, doubt they would be on the bill in 1969
- Yes didn't have their first album out till the summer of 69, and if they were even on the bill it would be much lower.
-Led Zepplin just put out their first album, and in no way would be a headliner.
I could go on. again, nice design but its like A for Design and D- for music selection.
Last edited by MilkMilkMilk; 02-03-2010 at 06:58 PM.
That's beautiful PeterB!!!
Last edited by iGz89; 02-03-2010 at 09:37 AM.