2) what does living close have to do with attending coachella? if you bought a 1-day pass and lived far away the trek would be just as far whether you stayed for a night or the weekend.
3) camping passes for the entire weekend are cheaper than you would pay to split the shittiest room in the valley and still get a bed.
4) if you can't handle the heat, don't come out.
5) the point of making people commit to the weekend is to weed out the casual retards that want to come see 1-2 bands, get wasted in the beer garden all day, and in general detract from the overall experience.
6) what part about %80 of their ticket sales comes from 3-day passes did you miss? considering the lineup i don't see that figure dropping much, if at all.
7) we get you're frustrated by it, but remember that for most of the people on here the lack of single day passes means nothing to us. coachella is staying exactly the same for the vast majority of its attendees. thats why you're not gonna find sympathy here